Manila Doctors Hospital

Manila Doctors Hospital Employee Reviews

Philippines66 reviews
Salary / Benefits
Salary and benefits are worth the job.
Staff and HCPs are friendly and accommodating.

Medical equipment are mostly updated.

Recommended for patients with different conditions.
Salary / Benefits
Great company and management.
Good company to work for with opportunity for growth and development in specific fields. The management cares its employees. Colleagues are helpful and nice. Benefits are great.
Salary / Benefits
Manila Doctors Hospital as one of the top 10 hospital in the Philippines provides equal opportunity to their employees.

As my first employer in the field of Ophthalmology, MDH has provided adequate training and knowledge which has given me the learning tool and first hand experience dealing with diagnostic procedures and therapeutic treatment

The hardest part was the learning process since my transition from non-medical into the medical industry, but eventually grew into it and that provided additional knowledge.
Salary / Benefits
Skills are shared and improved in the workplace.
Different kinds of people are encountered everyday thus character is built on getting along with people.

Superiors are very appreciative of your hard work.

Hardest part of the job is getting all the blame even the problem is outside your job description.

Most enjoyable part is realizing at the end of the day you are tired because you have done your duties and responsibilities the best you can.
Pros
Working environment
Cons
Over time without pay
Salary / Benefits
Normally, I would be working on an 8-hour shift. This shift rotates every fortnight. Every day was a learning experience for me because despite the protocols, standards, and policies by the institution, one can never expect to what will happen in a certain shift. I was always confronted with challenges that required quick action and critical thinking. My co-workers have always been supportive and were easy to work with. My superiors were approachable and open to suggestions. The hardest part of the job was seeing some of our patients expire despite all the efforts that the whole team put in. I enjoyed every minute of my work days there especially when I get to take care of newborns every day.
Salary / Benefits
MDH was a good starting for me. it wqas my first experience and i think i have grown from my experience. working along with my labmates made me a full filling employee with the amount of salary we get i think we are underpaid
Salary / Benefits
I enjoyed my work experience and learned a lot from my colleagues and seniors. The people I worked with are very approachable and very willing to share what I need to know. The patient I care are really important to me because they made me feel I am good nurse as well as I can be of help to them. The area is really a good place to newborn well or critically ill as well as with their parents.
Salary / Benefits
The management of the dietary department was good, because they follow all the rules and they have a good system.

The dieticians and staffs of the dietary department were all approachable and easy to work with.

Working int dietary department requires attentiveness, and dedication. Doing the diet cards, and preparing the meals were a bit difficult because you need to assure the food safety, and make sure that diets given to the patient were all correct, but at the same time this is the most enjoyable part.
Pros
Free lunch
Salary / Benefits
Every patient/client with different types of illness or disease that I had encountered during my employment was very helpful to my career for I have learned knowledge and skills in a hospital settings. I enjoyed working with my co-employee because we work as a team, which I believe is an important attitude to be successful. The continuous admission and overload of patient, with so little manpower specially for nurses was the hardest part of the job. The nurse-patient ratio was not fair, but I enjoyed my job because I'm proud that with my skills, knowledge and attitudes, I am able to help people to prolong and save lives.
Pros
Hospital benefits
Cons
Management of the department.
- My co-workers are approachable
- world class hospital

- the hardest part of the job is miscommunication with other healthcare providers such as nurses, doctors
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Overtime without pay
Salary / Benefits
A full of experience work background. Overload of work volume but with so much to learn. Co-staffs are easy and lots of fun to work with. With moderate management system and organization. Hardest part is interacting with clients yet full of learning and enjoyment getting to know various people.
Salary / Benefits
The costumer complaining of slow service on the billing costumer was 65 y/o and wants to settle her charges early to that he can to home I to a told my co worker to give priority so they did a

Irritable costumer

who cannot understand the flow before settlement of charges

receiving bonus and benifits, vacation leave and going to a fieldtrips.
Pros
free one meal daily
Cons
one day off only in a week
Salary / Benefits
I've learned a lot of things from this company They have exposed me to different fields of HR works. They have developed not only skills but also my personality and be able to do things in the industry. It was a great and fun experience not only to be able to work but also meeting kind and great people from this company.
Salary / Benefits
The work place assignment weekly changes to maximize experience in the dietary department. Co-workers are very hospitable and friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job is the therapeutic duty where in I am exposed in the tray-line and diet cards. The hardest part of the job is waking up early in the morning for the early therapeutic duty.
Salary / Benefits
Working in the institution for almost half a decade made me gained a lot of skills and mostly enhanced it. I would be forever thankful for the chance that the hospital gave me to become one of their competitive Neonatal ICU nurse.
Pros
Compensated job salary
Cons
Needs to have a double shifts sometimes
Salary / Benefits
Manila Doctors Hospital is one of the best training grounds for nurses. Its 324 bed capacity and complex cases taught me a lot of new things I have never learned while in school. As an employee to this hospital, I would say, I gained a relevant work experience.

I dealt with general cases: Medical, surgical, OB, gynecology, pedia, neuro and Oncology. Most of the part went to MS nursing and I was well trained and equipped with knowledge to it.

I worked with nice and warm people and my head was ever supportive and considerate to her staff. However though I had to move to work abroad to seek for better paying opportunities and would help me to acquire experience in Transcultural Nursing too. The knowledge and skills i developed working in MDH was satisfactory.
Pros
good people to work with, supportive management, ground for learning new skills
Cons
low paying job; less training opportunities
Salary / Benefits
sometime is smooth but most busy.i learned a lot,the management they did the best for the company,my co-worker they are all ok we are like brother and sister we help eah other,the hardest part of the my job is if we have a patient w/gun shoot,fall from the building or like quirino grandstand massacre,my most enjoyable part in my job is to cleaned the whole emergency room
Pros
w/ meal allowance
Cons
8hrs
Busy day always
I learned a lot about health care, different people

Nuns managed the hospital well

Co-workers are as dedicated as I am

When we go on straight duty=16hrs

Good rapport w/ colleagues
Pros
we bring our own food
Cons
Long hour shifts
Salary / Benefits
I find my job here enjoyable, with my co-workers who are team players, we have great rapport. At first I find it quiet hard because it is not relevant in my course but I proved to myself that there's nothing hard or difficult job to learn as long as your give your heart to it, willingness to learn, to undergo training and seminars and of course your commitment and dedication to your work really matter.
Being toxic is I think the hardest part and the most enjoyable part of my job is to know that our patients are satisfied and happy with our kind of service. That's self and career fulfilling.
Salary / Benefits
A typical day at our work is that, we cater many patients, especially at the operating Room where i was assigned. We handle all types of Surgery.
I learned a lot from my company, especially in the Perioperative setting. I learned how to handle different operative procedures, from minor to major operations, how to render patient care, how to manage and assign staff, and many more...

We have a very harmonious working environment inside our division, we are like family.

The hardest part of our job is that, everything tends to happen unexpectedly.

The most enjoyable part of our job is fulfillment, being able to accomplish our assignment with ease and finishing our operative case without any problems is very relaxing at the end of our shift
Pros
Better benefits
Cons
Extended/Long duty hours
Salary / Benefits
This is where I started to be a real nurse, and they've given me enough opportunities to be a good nurse.