Manila Doctors Hospital

Manila Doctors Hospital Management reviews

Philippines66 reviews
Salary / Benefits
Productive and fun to work with the management of the hospital. I've learned so much with my co-employees and gained more confidence, knowledge and respect from the people that I've worked with.
Salary / Benefits
As an on-call, it wasn't easy to save money and gain experience there although it's a big hospital. Most staff in the Rehab dept. are on-calls and the duty for each staff is not fair. Also you don't have a fixed schedule plus they have the worst HR and finance management.
Pros
Exposure to different cases, time-management skills are practiced, good facilities
Cons
No fixed schedule, unfair system, slow HR/finance managment
Salary / Benefits
a good hospital in the heart of Manila that delivers best health care. Hospital management is great, as well as the staffing. work life balance is attainable
Salary / Benefits
has a very good management team where you can freely express ones opinions about organizational improvements and development. respect and professionalism are observed at all times
Salary / Benefits
It has been a pleasure working at MDH. They care for their workers as much as they care for patients. There is good camaraderie between workers. The management tries to bring out the best of its workers and they are appreciative of them.
Salary / Benefits
has a good day off, i learned to take care and help some patients. The management is very reliable, the culture is like a family. my hardest part of my job is to see a baby dying. The most enjoyable part of my job is to help our clients to their needs
Salary / Benefits
There are presence of strong management back-up in all areas which has a good and bad sides.

Overall the treatment for all its employees are fair with open line of communication up to the top management.

Due to various facet of work, day to day tasks sometimes is stressful.
Pros
Meal Allowance, Yearly Incentive
Cons
Long hours of work
Salary / Benefits
Honestly the hospital is great for learning. HR division welcomes new employees well. Intradepartment issues are not addressed wel especially in a specific department. OIC’s not welcoming. Some regular staff bully new employees emotionally. Doesn’t orient new staff with the department policies. They don’t tell you regarding the rules and regulations within the department. They surprise you. they’re mad at you for something that you didn’t intend to do. New employees usually at fault. No teamwork. No moral support from senior, only from a few, but never from the one in charge. Head is moody. Does not address improvements for the system, ego is high. We have been told that the hospital doesn’t value employees anymore which is dismaying. You should always work under threats. They always threaten employees. Not a healthy environment. It’s quite unfortunate that the hospital doesn’t know about these things. Overall hospital is 8/10. Department 5/10 learning environment 7/10
Pros
Yearly increase, great hospital experience, environment great for learning
Cons
Micromanaging
Salary / Benefits
Staff at the Dietary Department works well as a team. New employees are assited by their seniors. Work atmosphere is not toxic. Though a little stress and pressure is stressed by the management team - which turns out to yield good performance by the subordinates.
Salary / Benefits
employees are very nice hospitable courtious the management gave us a above minimum salary..the benefits are very nice that you will work very hard they gave us 2days off per week
Pros
free lunch
Cons
8 hrs only
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Manila Doctors Hospital?
Salary / Benefits
very tight scheduling even though you are sick.management is strict.hardest place to work but i learned a lot especially in ward area.andthis is the place iv'e met the very good nurses.
Cons
no health insurance, no breaks
Salary / Benefits
typical day at work is a busy day
you'll enjoy the company of your colleagues

you'll grow in your profession because of the experiences you'll learn with everyday work
Pros
good management
Cons
low salary
helps interns
team collaboration are practiced

follows rules and regulations properly

amazing management
follows right chain of command
good and productive environment
Salary / Benefits
it is just fine with the day to day basis with the co workers. in every morning we have a daily prayer before we gonna start our work. About the management they taught everyone to finish their job on time
Salary / Benefits
Great company and management.
Good company to work for with opportunity for growth and development in specific fields. The management cares its employees. Colleagues are helpful and nice. Benefits are great.
Salary / Benefits
The management of the dietary department was good, because they follow all the rules and they have a good system.

The dieticians and staffs of the dietary department were all approachable and easy to work with.

Working int dietary department requires attentiveness, and dedication. Doing the diet cards, and preparing the meals were a bit difficult because you need to assure the food safety, and make sure that diets given to the patient were all correct, but at the same time this is the most enjoyable part.
Pros
Free lunch
Salary / Benefits
Every patient/client with different types of illness or disease that I had encountered during my employment was very helpful to my career for I have learned knowledge and skills in a hospital settings. I enjoyed working with my co-employee because we work as a team, which I believe is an important attitude to be successful. The continuous admission and overload of patient, with so little manpower specially for nurses was the hardest part of the job. The nurse-patient ratio was not fair, but I enjoyed my job because I'm proud that with my skills, knowledge and attitudes, I am able to help people to prolong and save lives.
Pros
Hospital benefits
Cons
Management of the department.
Salary / Benefits
A full of experience work background. Overload of work volume but with so much to learn. Co-staffs are easy and lots of fun to work with. With moderate management system and organization. Hardest part is interacting with clients yet full of learning and enjoyment getting to know various people.
Salary / Benefits
Manila Doctors Hospital is one of the best training grounds for nurses. Its 324 bed capacity and complex cases taught me a lot of new things I have never learned while in school. As an employee to this hospital, I would say, I gained a relevant work experience.

I dealt with general cases: Medical, surgical, OB, gynecology, pedia, neuro and Oncology. Most of the part went to MS nursing and I was well trained and equipped with knowledge to it.

I worked with nice and warm people and my head was ever supportive and considerate to her staff. However though I had to move to work abroad to seek for better paying opportunities and would help me to acquire experience in Transcultural Nursing too. The knowledge and skills i developed working in MDH was satisfactory.
Pros
good people to work with, supportive management, ground for learning new skills
Cons
low paying job; less training opportunities
Salary / Benefits
sometime is smooth but most busy.i learned a lot,the management they did the best for the company,my co-worker they are all ok we are like brother and sister we help eah other,the hardest part of the my job is if we have a patient w/gun shoot,fall from the building or like quirino grandstand massacre,my most enjoyable part in my job is to cleaned the whole emergency room
Pros
w/ meal allowance
Cons
8hrs
Salary / Benefits
The Theatre complex has 8 suites and 2 minor surgery rooms. On the average, there are 20 procedures per day but this could balloon up to 40 procedures per day.

I usually get to handle beweent 1-6 operations (depending on the length of the case) per day either as a Scrub or as a Circulating Nurse. I can handle a wide range of surgeries which can be in the nature of Neuro, Orthopeadics, ENT, General, Peadiatric, Aesthetic, Urologic or Laparoscopic Surgeries. I also get rotated to the Recovery Room (PACU) which is also in the same ward as the OR. There I get to handle upto 12 patients at a time for their first 2 hours of post operative period.

Basically what I have learned in the past 4 years and 2 months is to always be safe, competent, thorough and not panic. Throughout my experience, I have always put emphasis on the final counting. I never allow closing unless the completeness of instruments, sponges and cotonoids etc are verified. By now, I can adapt quickly to sudden changes and can anticipate for the needs of any kind procedure.

Management and co workers treat each other like family and everybody treats each other with respect and without any prejudice.

The hardest part about the job is the long work hours. It is not uncommon go on double shifts multiple times a week and there are times that breaks are sacrificed because of the heavy workload.

The most enjoyable part of my job is when I see my patients recover and they complement me for a job well done.
Pros
The learning experience at the OR Theatre/ PACU
Cons
Very long work hours