Manila Doctors Hospital

Manila Doctors Hospital Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse

Registered Nurse15 reviews
Philippines15 reviews
Salary / Benefits
I learned a lot in the span of my stay in this institution, I could say Manila Doctor's Hospital mold me to become a competent professional that upholds the true value of care.
Salary / Benefits
Productive and fun to work with the management of the hospital. I've learned so much with my co-employees and gained more confidence, knowledge and respect from the people that I've worked with.
Salary / Benefits
very tight scheduling even though you are sick.management is strict.hardest place to work but i learned a lot especially in ward area.andthis is the place iv'e met the very good nurses.
Cons
no health insurance, no breaks
Salary / Benefits
MDH has been a very good in terms of Medical Services/Healthcare in the Philippines.. They give staff a very good welfare in terms of benefits for the staff and staff's family..
Pros
Good training ground
Cons
Low salary
Salary / Benefits
Working in this institution will surely provide you professional and personal growth. It provides good benefits for its employees. It has a nice hospital and employee program.
Salary / Benefits
Skills are shared and improved in the workplace. Different kinds of people are encountered everyday thus character is built on getting along with people. Superiors are very appreciative of your hard work. Hardest part of the job is getting all the blame even the problem is outside your job description. Most enjoyable part is realizing at the end of the day you are tired because you have done your duties and responsibilities the best you can.
Pros
Working environment
Cons
Over time without pay
Salary / Benefits
Normally, I would be working on an 8-hour shift. This shift rotates every fortnight. Every day was a learning experience for me because despite the protocols, standards, and policies by the institution, one can never expect to what will happen in a certain shift. I was always confronted with challenges that required quick action and critical thinking. My co-workers have always been supportive and were easy to work with. My superiors were approachable and open to suggestions. The hardest part of the job was seeing some of our patients expire despite all the efforts that the whole team put in. I enjoyed every minute of my work days there especially when I get to take care of newborns every day.
Salary / Benefits
I enjoyed my work experience and learned a lot from my colleagues and seniors. The people I worked with are very approachable and very willing to share what I need to know. The patient I care are really important to me because they made me feel I am good nurse as well as I can be of help to them. The area is really a good place to newborn well or critically ill as well as with their parents.
Salary / Benefits
Manila Doctors Hospital is one of the best training grounds for nurses. Its 324 bed capacity and complex cases taught me a lot of new things I have never learned while in school. As an employee to this hospital, I would say, I gained a relevant work experience. I dealt with general cases: Medical, surgical, OB, gynecology, pedia, neuro and Oncology. Most of the part went to MS nursing and I was well trained and equipped with knowledge to it. I worked with nice and warm people and my head was ever supportive and considerate to her staff. However though I had to move to work abroad to seek for better paying opportunities and would help me to acquire experience in Transcultural Nursing too. The knowledge and skills i developed working in MDH was satisfactory.
Pros
good people to work with, supportive management, ground for learning new skills
Cons
low paying job; less training opportunities
Salary / Benefits
Busy day always I learned a lot about health care, different people Nuns managed the hospital well Co-workers are as dedicated as I am When we go on straight duty=16hrs Good rapport w/ colleagues
Pros
we bring our own food
Cons
Long hour shifts
Salary / Benefits
A typical day at our work is that, we cater many patients, especially at the operating Room where i was assigned. We handle all types of Surgery. I learned a lot from my company, especially in the Perioperative setting. I learned how to handle different operative procedures, from minor to major operations, how to render patient care, how to manage and assign staff, and many more... We have a very harmonious working environment inside our division, we are like family. The hardest part of our job is that, everything tends to happen unexpectedly. The most enjoyable part of our job is fulfillment, being able to accomplish our assignment with ease and finishing our operative case without any problems is very relaxing at the end of our shift
Pros
Better benefits
Cons
Extended/Long duty hours
Salary / Benefits
This is where I started to be a real nurse, and they've given me enough opportunities to be a good nurse.
Salary / Benefits
The Theatre complex has 8 suites and 2 minor surgery rooms. On the average, there are 20 procedures per day but this could balloon up to 40 procedures per day. I usually get to handle beweent 1-6 operations (depending on the length of the case) per day either as a Scrub or as a Circulating Nurse. I can handle a wide range of surgeries which can be in the nature of Neuro, Orthopeadics, ENT, General, Peadiatric, Aesthetic, Urologic or Laparoscopic Surgeries. I also get rotated to the Recovery Room (PACU) which is also in the same ward as the OR. There I get to handle upto 12 patients at a time for their first 2 hours of post operative period. Basically what I have learned in the past 4 years and 2 months is to always be safe, competent, thorough and not panic. Throughout my experience, I have always put emphasis on the final counting. I never allow closing unless the completeness of instruments, sponges and cotonoids etc are verified. By now, I can adapt quickly to sudden changes and can anticipate for the needs of any kind procedure. Management and co workers treat each other like family and everybody treats each other with respect and without any prejudice. The hardest part about the job is the long work hours. It is not uncommon go on double shifts multiple times a week and there are times that breaks are sacrificed because of the heavy workload. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I see my patients recover and they complement me for a job well done.
Pros
The learning experience at the OR Theatre/ PACU
Cons
Very long work hours
Salary / Benefits
being an OR nurse in MDH was very enjoyable and exciting. You have many boss, the surgeons, anaesthesiologist, co workers, but still you can handle the pressure.
Salary / Benefits
Everyday is a new beginning for me - different patients, different people that I'll be handling, different situations, etc. And I get the opportunity to learn from them every single day. Besides improving my nursing skills, I learn to interact to different persons effectively. The management there is fair and my co-workers are very supportive and helpful. Cooperation is one of our strengths there. The hardest part of my job is time management because being a nurse takes a toll on your physical body. I enjoy the learning experiences that I gain there and being able to apply it in every aspect of my life.
Pros
the learning experiences
Cons
very tiring