MAERSK

MAERSK Employee Reviews in Manila

Manila38 reviews

Found 38 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,885 reviews

Very good company. It has been providing career advancements and profitable work structure. Probably a bit full on the workload but compensate well. No more than that.

collaborative and dynamic team

Maersk provides opportunities to those who performs although there are not many trainings provided to cultivate the staff. Each individual is in charge of their training and development. The organization is flat, opportunities are seldom and hard to come by and good employees do transfer to other companies to search for a greener pasteur. The reorganization comes also frequently.

Pros

strong diversity and inclusion

Cons

long hours, salary is not competitive gor those tenure in the company

professional people to work with

I am happy to be able to work with this company since they have an unlimited contracts for me. They have lots of ships and there is no hassle in applying. They will call you for reporting and the rest, you can have your special vacation with the family, They give christmas gifts to the crew.

Pros

have Cebu branch for easy reporting

Cons

no more excess overtime

I work very hard in his company but one of my vessel we argued with my captain and chief officer because they punished my me onboardship

The company is very good but I'd expirience to work with a bad captain and chief officer and the manning agency is the problem because they are one sided,they don't know how to cae and protect their crews specailly in ratings position.

Cons

High standard for safe working environment

The company has great core values and has good benefits and salary. Also, the crew operators are approachable and gives feedback as soon as possible. Also, they have high regard for safety culture.

Productive and yet stressful job

Working in Maersk line is my platform of my experience in working. Workplace culture is good and accommodation is good. Management also good and I learn a lot about my job.

Cooking and cleaning.

About the salary is good.it is fare enough for us. Overtime will always monitored. Rest hour is also monitored Food is good and provision.safety is emplement.

Work life balance

There is a sense of fulfillment every time you go home since they will let you handle big projects and assign you significant tasks or at least for my role. Also, I am on mid shift and has once a week work from home. Although, there is a lack of processes and mismanagement, rating instructions per individual are not comprehensive enough.

Maersk is a big company

Maersk is categorize in different operation, i was working in maersk offshore though they have the same rootname but different function but the same goal also

Best company I had

- good place for trainings and growth - exposure to international community - good working environment locally and abroad - Our Employee- compensation package, benefits etc.

Pros

Training, International Exposure, Good to Employees, Retirement benefit

Cons

Long hours of work

Very Good Company

They are very organized and they have a wonderful culture and benefits. I loved how international the environment within the company is and I loved how my job connects to the business processes.

Steward/messman

Assist chief cook as and when required, assist c/ck in the proper maintenance, inventory and operation of the galley, pantry and locker stores. I ensure all areas of responsibilities are kept, tidy, clean, hygienix and well maintained at all times. I'm practicing my self to become a chief cook.

Pros

Free lunches, etc

Great Company

Great Company to work at. When you come to work, there's no stress, as long as you finish your job. Once you started working at Maersk you will fill like you will have a great career in the company.

productive and have a coordination with the team

Everyone is sharing their daily experiences regarding work matters and how to make it easy in dealing with the customer. The Management give us training and workshop.The hardest part of the job is when we are rendering double shift from night shift due to workload. And most enjoyable part was team building, family day and other recreational activities.

Pros

monthly work recognition

Cons

extended work hours due to workload

Working at Maersk

Working in Maersk gives you the opportunity to learn and grow as an employee and as an individual. They provide different kinds of training and seminar.

Good culture

The company has good sense of culture. Diversified, collaborative, agile, innovated are the words I can used to describe the company. Indeed multi-national company as well.

Very light working environment

this is one of the best company I ever joined. it was design to become employee friendly environment. it has a program for employees to become more productive and proactive. employees welfare is a proirity.

Pros

family day

Cons

flexible time of duties

Coast cutting, Crew operator contantly changing,

Salary are not good, accounting is not functioning well Salary are delayed and sometimes a lot of error Safety practices are high, company are getting big but not the salary, they even reducing the salary

Pros

Yearly gifts durabox ng Christmas

Cons

To much work, and only few crew, less salary

Good other benefits

Nice working in this company.Good benefits although sometimes required long working hours. People are nice they help u in your work. Free coffee and fruits :)

Pros

Benefits are good

Cons

Sometimes long working hours

Competitive and quick-paced workplace but offering low salary range

Competitive and quick-paced workplace but offering low salary range. Management decided to remove some of the benefits and most of the managers were replaced with managers from India which handles things differently from the previous managers.

Pros

healthcare, allowances

Cons

short breaks, low salary range

Stress free

A typical day at work would be answering email inquiry regarding reports. Most used way to communicate is through chat and or email. Calls are only made if there are meetings. Team leaders are competitive but appreciates their comrades. They assess work load per staff to have it distributed evenly within the group. They management acknowledges the hard works and extra miles the employee do during their shift.

Pros

medical allowance, health card

Cons

constant change in management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MAERSK. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits
  • MAERSK
  • Manila
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?