Lowe's Home Improvement

Lowe's Home Improvement Employee Reviews

Showing all 48,885 reviews

Fellow employees

Fellow employees are very helpful, and depending on their experience very knowledgeable. The building needs to be enlarged, as well as the ouside lawn and garden area.

Pros

Fairly amenable when it comes to work and off time scheduling.

Cons

Doesn't always hire enough staff

It was okay

Though i had a great time with the people I worked with some of the management was toxic. There was some drama and all that but working with the friends I had made a difference.

Employees, outside of management, usually help each other out

Unfortunately, progressing career wise is more who you know instead of what you know. Working for corporate, in some ways, was worse than working at the store. I have no problem with improving the "customer experience." But too often, employees are still being sacrificed in the process.

Unbelievably terrible management

They’ll let you go to make sure they’re the top selling store. They don’t offer night staff air conditioning at all, and they lock you in until 5am. They don’t trust the night staff at all, so you seriously have to wait for a daytime manager to let you out. It is a PRISON, with horrible pay, and management that only cares about sales statistics. Work literally anywhere else. The actual night crew staff are great, though.

Fast pace. Days go by fast if your active.

Very friendly environment to work in. Lots of goals. Great place to meet new people through helping customers. You'll get chances to help the community through Lowes. Lowes is all for their employees. They want you to grow and learn to succeed.

Pros

Bonuses, Good health care

Overall good experience

I worked as a Seasonal Loader for the front end cashiers. Pay was on the low side but expected, as with no benefits. Management was nice and the general environment was surprisingly upbeat. It's basic retail so it has a bit of a hectic side but overall I have nothing but prais. Makes a fantastic transition job or extra.

Pros

Ocasional free lunch, flexible hours, good environment

Cons

No PTO what so ever, low pay

Great management great bonus

Quarterly bonuses was a huge plus, my manager was amazing and understanding but corporate policy on attendance made me leave. If you are sick with a cold and call out daily for a week you will loose your job after 2 more missed days

Pros

Up to 900 quarterly bonuses

Cons

Attendance policy not many call outs

I've only been there a short time, but I'm really liking it so far!

They seem to care about their employees. I do think, though, that they could improve the ways we communicate within the store. The customers are nice!

All employees at Lowe's are receiving raises my group MST paid by vendors are not.

I used to enjoy working there but employees are paid more while I do their work. Found another company paying me for my efforts. Lowe's is like all big companies you're just a number.

Pros

Not too many

Cons

Hot store managers don't really care after almost 5 years.

Fast-paced, sometimes, demanding workplace environment.

Overall, not a bad place to work. Crosstraining in other departments throughout the store is strongly recommended. There is an opportunity to move up within the company, but you may have to continuously remind management of your efforts.

Good if you have nothing to do outside of work

Your availability doesn’t matter to this company, management is very picky, will tell you to do something, take it all down and do it again. If you have no other obligations or don’t make plans, this job could work for you. Other than that, I don’t recommend.

Could be great

I love what I do and helping customers. Scheduler allows input, but waits until beginning of the week to confirm your schedule for the week instead of at least a week in advance for planning. Most everyone is nice and easy to work with, but those 1-2 that aren't make it miserable sometimes. Was promised by hiring manager to move quickly into CSD and full time, but he retired the next week and is been very different than that. Don't feel secure in position or in any chance of moving up. Afraid I might need to be searching for something else. Such a shame. It could be a really great place to work if management was more consistent.

Nothing special

This isn’t a job you can see yourself advancing in. You’re always short staffed, not compensated correctly and the work environment can be toxic. The company rarely celebrates their employees. Would not recommend.

Fun

Worked as a overnight stocker. It was a fun enviroment and was never too stressful or inconvenient. I would work here again under the right circumstances.

Company is going downhill.

Longer I worked, the worse it got. They changed pay/bonus structures negatively, cut positions only to replace them with 3rd party nonsense, and management was always a joke.

Enjoyed working mostly

I was in outside lawn and garden and mostly enjoyed it there. I enjoy being outside and plants so I was happy in that department. I didn't like the fact that I would sometimes have to load drive or gavel or whatever the customer bought alone bc none was there to help. I also had to juggle many positions outside and I didn't get paid enough for all I was doing that wasn't in my job description.

Good start

Good start when beginning your career. Probably wouldn’t work full time, but the internship program exposes you to corporate structure at a Fortune 500 company.

I love it

My coworkers felt pretty much like family. They listened to ideas or suggestions. Always felt included. It was always fun going to work when I started it was me an another lady with all guys, an they always looked out for us never made us feel like we didn’t belong. I would recommend this job. I would definitely go back.

Pros

Pay increases Bonuses Flexible schedule

Cons

They prioritize certain people over other people

When I worked there it was a great company when I started out I was a cashier We had to rotate between lumber the front and outside lawn and garden of course no one wanted to go to outside lawn and garden because it was hot and they tended to only send certain people out there The ones that were favored never had to go out in the hot sun

Good associates who are helpful and take time out to help you if needed.

There are lots of opportunities within the company to advance your career if you choose to as long as you are able to put in the effort and work hard.

Pros

Good benefits, solid stable company, friendly associates

Cons

Management is out of touch understanding employee level and concerns, stressful work environment.

Management is awful

They only care about themselves and no one else, not there employees or their customers. It is very unbalanced and they can’t keep employees to save their lives.

Pros

People at the front end

Cons

People in the back

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lowe's Home Improvement. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits