LG Electronics

Clarksville, TN6 reviews

3.7Salary & Benefits

Found 6 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,931 reviews
koreanelectronicskoreaamericanbalancebenefitculturesaturday

Nothing good here unless you’re Korean

Worst Company I ever worked for. Management and HR are horrible. Don’t waste your time or effort!!! Poor Management and unsafe. No chance for advancement.

Pros

Free insurance for some

Cons

Overworked, Under paid, no work/life/family balance, no advancement unless you’re Korean, not safe, have had a lot of people hurt there.

Great co-workers and management failure.

Great place to start a career. Not a place for advancement or good pay. Fantastic co-workers who deserve better. Disrespect and mistrust against non-Koreans regardless of work performance. Great health benefits. No real leadership. Extreme lack of communication.

Pros

Great benefits.

Cons

No real vision for advancement or retention.

Fired so LG can hired people 10 dollars less a hour

i was fired for becuase i was one of the higher paid guys. Koreans treat americans bad, in PM maintenance dept they wont even buy us rags to clean up any mess. Supervision and MANAGERs dont have a clue how to run a dept. They bring in Koreans to replace americans

Pros

insurance was great

Cons

Koreans wont work with americans, or learn how things Should work in America. So they fire anyone who isnt a butt kisser

This is the absolute worst place to work around here.

I have never been so disrespected. They absolutely hate American people period. They lied to me in my interview. They took pay for weekends away. I never got the shift they told me about

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

They will write you up until they fire you

Preventative Maintenance department was a joke.

They lied in the orientation. They told us we would get time and a half on Saturday, and doubletime on Sunday. Maintenance does not get this because our schedule makes us work on those days. The minute you start working, you realize that you are second class. The American members of the PM dept. must stay on the floor at all times and keep everything running like an operator. The Korean members sleep, get hair cuts, play on the computers, and generally sit in the office all day for more money. We got barely any tools even though they said that they provided them. We didn't get hammers, ratchets for our sockets (which only went up to 13mm.), a multimeter, or needle nose pliers. They don't even supply gloves. We got standard drill and tap sets when everything in the plant was metric. There is no maintenance shop because they don't need one. You have to be trained to use a lift or forklift, but only operators get training on those. You can work on something electrical for about 15 minutes before a Korean tech will get off their butt to come out and jump it out (including safety circuits). You have 2 minute to clock in and get to your spot, 3 to get changed and get out. Everywhere an American maintenance tech goes, you will have Koreans taking pictures of you to send to your supervisor. If you fix something major, the Korean techs will come out and take selfies, then send it to management to tell them that they fixed it. A truly bad place to work. If anything is said about you, your boss will not back you up. You are left high and dry. 7 of us got taken into -

Terrible Place to work

Ethnic discrimination was rampant. Poor leadership at the senior levels of management. Double standards (one for Koreans, one for Americans). Public humiliation of American employees. Shortcuts were the desired result instead of doing something correctly. Would not recommend this company to any future employees.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at LG Electronics?