LG Electronics

Clarksville, TN153 reviews

Found 153 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,931 reviews
koreanelectronicskoreaamericanbalancebenefitculturesaturday

Great company,,wrong American management

I was a lead on top load when the company was starting production,,worked my way into leadership and things were great and moving up,,my section lead was great but my unit lead was the worst

Save yourself. Run

Worse job I’ve ever had. No real leadership or organizational structure. HR is a joke, especially the director. Not sure how he ever got a job. He can barely count to 10. He also makes up policies on the spot. Don’t ever get sick with the flu or need anytime off bc he’ll Fire you. And he doesn’t have the calls to actually do it so he has his team members do it. But he won’t fire you if he thinks you’re valuable or his favorite.

Extremely Toxic Work Environment with no support for Employees

I am honestly extremely torn up about coming to LG. At first it seemed like it was the perfect opportunity to expand my skills as an employee as well as the possibility to make it a career, but all that was shattered straight off within a month. Extremely poor business practices and a very unforgiving and hostile management beat any hope and dreams out of the employees while at the same time taking away any life they may have away from work with long work hours and very little time off. I know that if this continues the way they have been then this start up will eventually fail and shut down.

Pros

Healthcare Benefits

Cons

EXTREMELY LIMITED time off, Low Wages, High Work Hours, no Management or HR Support

management favors the koreans more than americans

ten to twelve hours a day sometimes Saturday no time off to be with family when I started working there the plant was working twelve hour shifts and my wife threatened to divorce me because she never saw me. the point system is ridiculous take half a point to go to doctor cannot get sick at work and go home take another point an employee only can take 6 points and the company terminates that employee after the 6 points.

No advancement, No vacation, No trust, No respect,No culture, No future.

There are several positions that have gone unfilled, as a result many of us have the workload of several full time positions, working completely out of the position you were hired for. Recently told they're not going to hire any replacements, so this is the new norm, with no change in sight. The amount of injuries and violations is disgusting. They think safety means police force. No employee safety committee. No transparency, information kept from employees in violation of workers rights. HR director should be fired. Turnover is unreal. People are mistreated, talked down to, harassed, and ridiculed. There is no protection of basic human or lawful rights. I could not have imagined, and would not have believed, the things I have witnessed. It feels surreal, in a most negative way. I cannot believe this place will continue to exist for very long. I can't see how. I gotta get out.

this company need's to trust American management more

The workplace is not American friendly, Its in inclusive working environment. Lg needs and the top management needs to trust American more. The culture is of a toxic nature.

Pros

hour lunch

Very immature disrespectful and unprofessional management

I worked in the press department for just 4 months before I just up and quit bc of the way the supervisor acts like his job is a license to disrespect people. Has no concern for the broken machinery and bad materials that we had to deal with on a daily basis trying to make things work for the company, goes on and on like he is some kind of a god at the daily meetings beginning of shifts

Pros

100% company paid benefits

Cons

Extremely unprofessional leadership

Decent

This place is alright to work for because it was close to home and it paid decent I think we should be paid a bit more than what they pay us, but the benefits help

No one cares about your family. Poor management system.

Poor management and bad communication. Human Resources will not help you they are bias. Long hours of work. No plan ahead. Will not help you with your problems.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Poor management and bad communication

Management is HORRIBLE

Worked there over a year. Treated with the most disrespect.. You would think with seniority you have a secure spot. NO. They get new positions and get whole new attitudes. They do not know how to talk & treat people. STAY AWAY!

Don't not come

If u have a family and love ones...this job isn't for u. U will be a slave too the company. Only thing is the benefits. Other than that it's sucks. No

Not the best job..

when I first started there it was cool (I started out as a temp) but then once I rolled over into the company I saw a lot of the Bs they were pulling off. My leads arent bad but the unit lead is rude and talks to everybody as if they are dumb. They have great benefits but you are lucky to get time off to use them because only two people at a time can request off and if you use Medical time off it two hours unpaid time. This is a cool job for somebody who don’t care about spending time with their family or anything because you will be here 6-7 days out of the week!

Terrible company

Work hours do not permit a work/life balance. PTO is rarely approved. There is more favoritism than promoting based on work ethic. The assembly line constantly goes down due to equipment failures and they'll blame not hitting numbers on employees still. You will be forced with 30 minute notice that you have to stay an additional hour until number is hit. The schedule was 6:45am to 5:30 pm

Benefits

I like how the company provides free medical for their personnel and their families, but I feel if you don't conform to them there's no room for individuality

LG is a good company

It's a good company to work for it's just Management's sucks. You can't go to them about a problem, they would just brush it off like it never happen.

Factory work

Good atmosphere , get discounts when working through the company , management was great , the hours weren’t to bad , schedule changed frequently depending on need

Good job for inexperienced factory workers to break into.

The pay was not worth it considering that specialized departments, such as paint, make the same as assembly workers. They also would wait till the last minute to notify you of overtime, in some cases at the end of a shift telling you you're scheduled the next day.

Fair

It’s a job , nothing that I would recommend to my peers , they are unorganized , the pay is lousy , but the benefits are great . There are not enough employees and it’s not a job I can see myself working at in the next 5 years .

Overworked/Management

They do not have a work life balance. Expect you to work a lot of hours and weekends. Do not have enough people to do the work correctly. Assistant Quality Manager doesn’t have a clue how to perform his job and doesn’t want to learn. HR does not benefit the employees.

Just be willing to stand all day and work hard and work a lot. Be open minded to learning new things and be willing to help others from tome to time. Overall a good place to work

Very prejudice to Americans.

The job at LG is great in itself, but Americans are discriminated against. Management doesn't help its employees. Not a good place to work when it comes to fairness.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LG Electronics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits