LG Chem

LG Chem Employee Reviews

Bad communication but steady work.

Each part of the factory doesn't talk with each other, causing issues with inventory management, supplies and workload, since each section can only do work assuming each other section is doing decently. There will always be something to do, if it's slow, they'll hand you some cleaning supplies and paper towels and tell you to clean the floor. Machines break down all the time. If you suggest a fix, they'll try a dozen different ways before they try yours, and if it works, it was their idea all along. This happens with management, IT, and seemingly all over. I dreaded going into work because it felt like there was never a good day, just a less bad one.

Poor Communication and Bigotry - Joke Company.

Arrogant and Rude communication Culture at LG Energy Solution. There was no 90 day raise and they do Not treat people with respect and act like they are the smartest Culture Company from Koreas. Management treats all employees poorly unless you are “Part of the Crew/Culture”… Expecting employees to drop what ever we are doing or any tasks that are supposedly High Priority and help out the Team but then expect you to complete the same workloads by deadlines that are Unrealistic! Leadership in Korea and Holland Headquarters’s have no clue on what really goes on in the Engineering issues and unrealistic customer demands that are unsafe……. Rush , Rush, and they Rush but once something bad happens, they try to blame the employees and not the leadership.Joke Company, and very ignorant of unsafe workloads and broken equipment. I wouldn't recommend working here as the ladder to climb is very Politically Favored and setup just like a Multi-Level Marketing Scheme and too many people at all Michigan locations get hurt on the job due to unsafe equipment.

I don't know what these people are griping about, I actually enjoy it immensely.

Let's see... I work 8.5 a day with OT every other weekend (Sunday is double time), I get an 8% shift premium, excellent benefits, a clean and climate controlled environment 365, a lunchroom with a hot food cafeteria (if you get a position within walking distance), 401k match, $20k a year in tuition to become a better or more skilled person (which looks real good come review time), free EV charging if you have one, a new child care benefit for 40% off, the best BCBS family medical plan is less than $38 a week, dental and vision are free, three weeks of paid vacation from the start, and to top it off they actually pay me pretty well and I've seen how far I can yet push it on a pay chart. I'm sorry that it seems that many of these people are seemingly stuck working the line somewhere but what are they doing to set themselves up for the future? $20k a year goes a long way at a trade school and that's when you stop worrying about what the minimum wage this place pays is and step up to the next level or two. The short answer is that this place is an uncut gem ripe with opportunities aplenty for the right motivated individual. Oh, and I think all open positions have a retention bonus paid out at 90 and 180 days of up to $4k for skilled positions (see, it pays off again to know something useful). Good luck!

Lg chem

Zzzzhrjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjdkdjdjdkdjdjdjddjdkdkdkd

Terrible

I have never worked for a company so bad, management is absolutely terrible for formation team, the constantly pick on people who are doing their job to see if they will “last”.

Pros

3 breaks

Don't be deceived

This place was a joke. Orientation made it sound like it was a great company. Management sucked as well as the hours. Body hurt due to uncomfortable shoes which they made you wear. You're just another body. No communication whatsoever. Horrible place.

Benefits

Cons

Management, hours, lack of communication

Wouldn't recommend

Started out good, but then quickly did a 180. There was no 90 day raise and where expected to keep up in different programming systems. Which they changed every few weeks or so. Management treated employees poorly. Expecting employees to drop what ever we where doing. Wouldn't be bad if you're single with no family, pets or any outside activities or Hobbie. I wouldn't recommend working here.

Pros

Started the 1st month free lunch but then they stoped.

Cons

Short breaks, steet money from its employees

Clean

Clean Place to work. Enjoyed Working Here. People are cool. But hours are long. 8 Plus Hrs a Day & 7 days a Week. COVID Procedure here Sucks. If your Sick They Take PTO From You.

Pros

Lunch Room / Good pay

Cons

Same job everyday

Fast paced and demanding

You are treated like a robot. Very fast paced. Standing the entire time, hands and fingers will be ready to fall off. No music, food or drinks. I would not work here again.

Cons

Better management at McDonalds.

Between the miscommunication between management itself let alone to the teams or anyone else it’s a surprise anyone even makes it past 90 Days. Also their “promises” on raises and being hired in before 90 days are just a ploy.

Worked to death

They will lie to you to get you in the door. Hours constantly changing. Work every single weekend atleast 8 hours. They say they’re working on making overtime better but really they’re just setting things up to be able to force more overtime. They even threaten to fire you for using your given vacation time.

Pros

Coworkers aren’t terrible for the most part

Cons

Everything.

Not recommended

No Management system, mostly spy style. poisoned environment.

No life/family, only work.

Work, that's it. You work. Sleep, then work. You have a family and/or life? Too bad. Work. Why aren't you at work? What do you mean you want to have a home life? WORK!

Pros

Let me know. Some people say the benefits, until you do the math on hours worked compared to other places with slightly higher insurance costs.

Cons

No life. Only work. Maybe a pro if you have/want no life...

24 hours a day 7 days a week

Good company to work for if you like the money. Also they do a great tuition reimbursement plan if you want to further your education. Supervisor are pretty good understanding personal problems.

Pros

Good pay, vacation, tuition reimbursement

Cons

People quit

Terrible management, uncomfortable

Very terrible management and they make it very uncomfortable to work. They quickly look for someone to blame for any incident out of the normal. Management are clueless on how machines start up, perform and what to look for quality wise. They expect new members to know much more than they should. Very stressful workplace and they treat workers terrible.

Pros

No pros

Cons

Many cons: Micro-management.

Flexible schedule, free dental & vision.

The pay is decent depending on your shift & if you get a premium, but I feel it could be more for the long hours you work & due to the constant increase of cost of living (especially in Holland) & constant changes that you have to adjust to. The medical benefits are decent, paid dental & vision is a plus. Being a full time hired in employee, also while working through the pandemic they could provided more PTO hours. It’s alright, not an ideal career for me but it pays the bills. Schedule is also very flexible which I like. Working 12 hrs (11.5) 3 days on, 2 days off, then 2 days on, 3 days off is very convenient.

Pros

Days off

Cons

A lot

Negative

Negative negative nothing positive to report about this company. Unfair! No reward for hard work! Drug users/addicted people.Work in that environment. If you are well like no matter what skill or education you will have a job period. And if you think I’m bitter we’ll just get a job there. Form your own opinion if things go well for you then I was right. Then if they go wrong then I was right..... Again

Pros

Nothing positive

Cons

All negative

Productive. Can be fast paced. No work/life balance.

Its a good place to work at for the most part. Good pay and the work is easy for the most part. The only downside is you wont have a life anymore on account that its currently 12 hour days 7 days a week with no end end in sight. You maybe get a day off or weekend off here an there but its rare these days and they can cancel and make you work last minute. You wont know if you have a weekend off until Friday so you cant plan anything. You'll have to burn through PTO hours just to get a day off at times. Good money though.

Pros

Good Pay, Easy Work

Cons

Long Days. 12 hours 7 days a week.

Pay, hours, work life balance

If you do not want a life anymore, work at LG. You will be on call 24/7, be paid the same amount as some operators on an annual basis, and get treated poorly. I do not recommend this company to anyone. I worked 16-20 hour work days and did not get paid extra for being on call. Your entire life will be gone if you work for this company. There is no way to move up in the company because there are korean managers on a contract from Korea. This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for in my life.

Cons

No on call pay, no overtime compensation, no growth, no work/life balance

Would not advise working there.

Poorly managed. Not worker friendly. Mandatory work hours are 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. Benefits are only earned based on a 40 hour work-week even though mandatory 80+ hours a week have been in effect for over 6 months. Would not advise working there.

No opportunity

Management can hold you back. If they don't wanna loose you to another department they can say no. Human resources is very hands off. If you make a complaint about someone they actually sit you and that person down together to have a discussion. Can be told Friday your working the weekend. Can be told day before a holiday your working it. After all the higher ups left the company it went down hill bad.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LG Chem. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits