Kwik Trip

Kwik Trip Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,619 reviews

A great company to work for.

Upon arrival at work, I get myself counted into a cash drawer. I work as a cashier behind the counter. There are many other jobs that I do also. The job examples would be; stock shelves, clean Shake machine, slushie machine, make coffee, stock creamer, cooler with milk, clean the restrooms and any other tasks assigned to me. I have AWESOME CO-WORKERS, and our management is fine. The hardest part of the job is standing, kneeling, and squatting. There are times when we only get one 10 minute break as we are so busy. Being so busy is great. Our guests are trully wonderful also. I love meeting new people and helping our older senior citizens with finding products or helping them find the best deal. I love people and I am very much a people person. I really enjoy meeting people and treat them how I would like to be treated.

Love the job itself

The management on the other hand isn’t great at all. It’s like the opposite of what kwiktrip stands for. I wish I could stay there because its the best job i’ve ever had but management is just too unfair and hateful.

Decent

If you are looking for a retail/customer service job with competitive pay, this company is a decent place to work. The yearly bonus is good, but the healthcare insurance is high for not good coverage. Overall, I would recommend to work here.

Pros

Bonus

Cons

Benefits, short breaks, working holidays

Great Company/Bad Management

The location I work at has a lot of favoritism. New co-workers are often treated badly by many of the workers. No repercussions for missing work, and lack of communication between management and co-workers.

Great for first job timers

Flexible,fast paced, good pay, company treats you well and overall a good place to work. co-workers and management vary place to place and people can be jerks but that’s typical gas station work

Sucks

Management sucks it makes so sad I just hate it there, everyone there is mean to me and they just threw me in the kitchen with no training and expected me to know how to do everything

Pros

Cons

Makes u depressed

Fast paced

Good benefits for full and part time Flexible schedule. Corporate seems to care for their employees. Although some store leaders are not great so that can make things difficult

Great Company to work for

Very fast paced work. Hardly any down time at all during the day OR night shifts. Very structured with set jobs to complete during your shift. you meet alot of nice and interesting guests. If you like to work hard and get paid good to do it, this is the job for you! 40% profit sharing at the end of the year makes and bad day worth it!!

Keeps you busy and good benefits

It’s good place to work mostly. But it you have a family can’t work all hours can’t advance. Kitchen is hard work always short staffed. More and more responsibilities and the upper make things harder on you.

Pros

Free wellness fruit. 401K. Bonus.

Cons

Very hectic stressful. It’s physical.

Goal and customer focused

Big push on weekly sale goals. They maintain their stores well. You have the tools you need to be successful. Highly focused on safety. Great benefits. Differs from store to store depending on the current staff you have to work with could make it or break it.

Benefits

Cons

Short breaks. Constant go

Worked for 4 years, was great

Working at Kwik Trip was great. Great benefits especially with the yearly end-of-the-year bonus. The attitude and success of the store is truly dependent on the management, so the experience varies at each store you may work at. Had excellent experiences at most stores.

Long hours, great training

The overall training is very long for managers as well as the shifts. There isn’t much wiggle room for creativity, everything is delegated by corporate and must be followed closely.

Ok

If you don't want to have a life outside of your job then kwikTrip is the company to work for.They have some perks.A lot of their policies don't make sense.And depending on what location you work at you may not get a break if you work the overnight shift and that's a part of their policy as well.If you have the capacity to deal with all of the things I just said then Kwik Trip is the perfect place for you to apply to.

It is a fun place to work.

Working at Kwik Trip is awesome. Company treats their co-Workers very well. You get 40% profit sharing. Flexible hours. They offer option of seeing their own Medical Office.

Pros

Free soda during work. Free piece of fruit on your shift.

Great place to work, great benefits

Although it can get a little repetitive sometimes, their are a lot of benefits. Pay is very good, lots of opportunities for raises, profit sharing. This location specifically has great management. Very willing and able to assist with whatever duties might need to be done, nice people, very understanding

Pros

Good pay, lots of opportunities for raises, profit sharing

Cons

repetitive, can get boring

Professional convenience store position

About as professional feeling a convenience store could be. Great staff, great pay and benefits. Profit sharing, treated as family, not just staff, an amazing stepping stone for starting out in the workforce, or as a pastime job. Management pays well for fulltime.

Decent.

This job isn’t bad. It feels like a cult. There are way better opportunities out there for many people, but for the industry Kwik Star/Trip would be the best option. As mentioned, not bad, but don’t limit yourself.

Busy

The customers can be rude, the managers very picky. You have almost no real downtime to just decompress and have to constantly stay busy or get called into the office.

Do not fall for the scam

It’s a very fast paced environment. You are lucky to get a break, and it’s a paid break so you can get pulled off your break. I learned a lot while working there both good and bad. It’s not a place I would recommend anyone working. There is no work life balance because they want to schedule you anything from 6am-10pm. Your two days off are rarely scheduled together. They say you only have to be available two weekends a month but not everyone worked every other weekend or got 2 weekends off a month. Management is manipulating. They say they want to promote you but they do not and they continue to ask more and more of you outside of your job description just to benefit them. They do not hold people accountable for bad behavior. They schedule outside of your availability and do not care. I had seen close to 30 people leave in less than 12 months. The hardest part of the job is dealing with coworkers who do not do their fair share, dealing with favoritism and having the leaders pawn off all the tasks they don’t want to do. I did meet some really amazing people while working there and I loved interacting with the customers. I enjoyed working all roles and shifts while there. Burnout happens fast.

Pros

Employee appreciation week, year end bonus, birthday gift card.

Cons

Short breaks, terrible scheduling, management asking regular coworkers to cover holes in schedule such as the overnight shift.

People only there for the pay

No overtime, managers don't care, employees don't really care, if you get sick while at work too bad. I threw up and they told me I couldn't leave so I was touching people's food and cashing them while being sick. Managers will ask you to change your hours to shorter hours so you can't get paid for overtime. Rules are crazy strict to a stressful point. So many Karen's come through and you can't do anything about it. Customer is always right and comes first type of place. No benefits besides on your birthday. Good luck getting holidays off. Some of the people are nice but really the pay and milk is the only good things about this place.

Pros

Free car wash once every two weeks, free apple, protective, good pay

Cons

No overtime, no discounts, 15 minute breaks for 8+ hour shifts, careless managers, people only there for money, lots of Karen's and kens

Everyone is nice

Good place to work, good management, everything was nice and well managed I think others would like to work there as well.compared to others it was a good place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kwik Trip. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits