Kohl's

Kohl's Employee Reviews

Found 24,750 reviews matching the searchSee all 24,751 reviews

Wouldn’t recommend

Overworked and underpaid, bad management, not flexible, would get mad if I called out or needed time off, only good thing was the weekly paychecks and coworkers, but a job is a job if you’re desperate go for it

Pretty okay

This job will do you great in high school, otherwise the pay is not worth it. The team is friendly and encouraging! Dealing with customers is a mixed bag but it is worth toughing out.

Productive and fun work day

Everyone at Kohls was very friendly and extremely helpful. Great place to work. I loved working in customer service. I love helping people and getting to know them. Would work here again.

Very stressing

Very stressful place to work, managers play favorites. They dont let you know whats expected of you then proceed to talk down to you. When something isnt done correctly or your place merchandise in the wrong spot even tho similar items are there.

Pros

Employee discount

Cons

Stress, insults

Understaffed and underpaid

You were expected to cover multiple different departments of the store by yourself if there wasn’t enough staffing. Super high turnover rate, hardly any raises. Only pro is that your coworkers are nice.

Don't think about a career here

I worked at kohls for 8 years. I started as a regular part time sales associate. And worked my way up to shift supervisor/key holder. My manager was very great she encouraged me to try to step into the assistant managers program. Kohl's stores suffer when there is no funding. the store was nothing but a place to beg people to sign up for the store credit cards. when i started there they would literally give us 4-10 hours a week. this job is literally only for kids. between the rude customers and the endless promises on growth. I quit!!

Pros

Free lunches

Poor Ethics

During my time as an Asset Protection Supervisor at Kohl's, it was clear that the job was numbers-driven. My manager at the time was putting a lot of pressure on other APAs to the point where they were making bad stops. Overall, the benefits were terrible and while I loved the store staff, the AP department was lacking in morals and ethics. Egotistical personalities.

Pros

Flexible Job

Cons

Other APAs will take credit for your work, poor ethics, no accountability for upper management.

Love The Place

The People in management and co workers are laid back , their schedules are very flexible. Its a Great Place to work, only con would be the pay. I wish Good Jobs like these had better pay.

Pros

Great people, Job keeps you busy, No Drama

Cons

low pay

Friendly work atmosphere

Love the job but not enough hours to earn decent wages. Other workers are great to work with but others get additional hours. Enjoy meeting and chatting with customers

Worst job ever ! Unless you're in a click or a managers favorite

Worst job I ever had. If the store fails it will be due to lack of leadership and management is awful! Management has its favorites. That's they only way to get any appreciation or acceptance into working there. Bad behavior is rewarded..... good behavior ignored... again unless ur a managers favorite. Managers are in no position to pick and choose who they like and don't like. Work ethic and the fact that u show up for every shift Should account for something. I would never recommend any to apply there.... wage is not even livable.

Decent

Company was supportive in many ways but there were some areas that I felt needed improvement. None the less, if you are looking for a something try it out

Busy

Working here was hectic at times but management for the most part were happy to give you help when needed. The training process needs work, most people are just thrown into a position with little to no training.

Good "high school job", nothing special

My experience at the Kohl's in Elmhurst, IL overall was mediocre to say the least. My fellow co-workers for the most part were friendly but the management never bothered to listen to some of our concerns regarding hours. When I was hired, I wanted a sense of security regarding how many hours I was able to work (around 25+) a week. They worked me nearly full time as a part timer still in school, once I graduated two weeks later they reduced me and everyone else's hours down (I would only work one day a week). Also if your planning on working full time, forget it because they don't hire full time if your new. You will need to work there for at least a year before they consider full time, but still full time workers only worked 25 hrs a week max. They will keep you for at least an hour or two after your shift was supposed to end which can get annoying if you have other commitments outside of work. They may start you off with decent hours but they will reduce them dramatically over a couple of weeks or so. Overall, a typical "high school job" where you can make $100 per week since they pay weekly. Working adults stay away as they won't give hours.

Pros

Paid weekly, friendly co-workers, benefits (full time)

Cons

Management, no hours, expect you to clean bodily fluids with no gloves or protection

Workplace is the average department store.

You rarely know what you will be doing from day to day, although you are scheduled in a specific task that changes at the whim of the manager on duty. Independent work in the department is to be expected.

Pros

Nice and clean environment.

Cons

Sometimes busy and chaotic.

Great company to work for. Always tried to deal with your life schedule.i made many friends there and did many jobs there diring my years there.

Was a great company to work for. I always got help when i needed it and was shown how to do things. I learned alot and the benefits from their are amazing. Its a fast paced experience and i did many black friday events. I only left because my family needed me to babysit and now i would like to return because my husband passed away and i would like to return to work again

Very stressful

No payroll given to accomplish tasks. Funds getting cut each week. High expectations with no resources. Very low pay for staff. Hard to keep good people.

Easy but can be boring

The work wasn’t bad, super simple job but the pay just wasn’t worth it especially for being paid weekly. Other than that management was great and coworkers were amazing.

It's easy but annoying

Easy job from Monday to Friday but people's stupidity and rudeness really makes it annoying to work there, security is non-existent and they expect you to overwork. Overall not bad for a first retail job, you'll get the basics down.

Pros

break room with microwave and refrigerator.

Cons

short breaks, that annoying credit

Pretty Good for Students

Kohl’s is a great job for students in high school or college. Luckily, they do also offer some hours before opening to help offload the truck. This helps with college hours. I would definitely improve the pay, especially for all the floor and register things you have to so. It can also get a bit stressful during Kohl’s Cash seasons & Back to School.

It's retail

Coworkers were mostly friendly and hard working. The push for credit card approvals was at times frustrating. Hours cut to barely Full Time after holidays.

awesome job, very low pay

AWESOME management, one of the nicest people i know, they do appreciation week and give out snacks and listen to your complaints, if you don’t like cashier they will not make you do cashier. good co workers, but it can get overwhelming due to low staff. pay is rlly low, not worth it for me, i mainly do fitting rooms and cashier, customers are nice but are just horrible people. due to low staff, they don’t really fire anybody at my location, i have called off a LOT of times in my 6 months of working, they put up with my bs, although i have stopped ALSO!!! at my location they do not listen to availability changes, i changed mine that i can work 11-9, but they made it so i’m available 24/7, i haven’t said anything but i know a few co workers who they’ve done the same to.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kohl's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits
  • Kohl's
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?