Jostens

Jostens Employee Reviews

Wonderful place to work!

Jostens is a terrific place to work. We get to share in a very happy moment in a students life. Commencement is the start of a new life. This is a detail oriented job with customization deadlines. You have to work under pressure because everything has to be delivered and be correct for one special day - graduation! One has to be very organized and handle customer requests in a timely manner. To be successful, you have to be on top of everything and prioritize daily to work on what is most important first.

Great seasonal job with benefits

Even though it can be fast paced during the season, everyone is willing support you so that the job runs smoothly and we provide amazing customer service to our clients.

Ight

Travel sucked. Management was fair. Decent potential to move up. Work loaf was a bit much honestly. But hey pays good and is a good excuse to see parts of the state

Fun workplace and great people to work with.

Great on the job training . Helpful anytime you called them and helped solve problems. I would recommend working here. Always a joy to travel to the various colleges.

Pros

Free dinners when management was in attendance. Learned lots of new ideas in sales.

Cons

Lots of confusion how to fill out end of day forms.

Bad place to work

Too much drama happens at the sedalia plant and management does nothing to stop it and instead fires their actually hard working people. The only good thing its climate controlled.

High turnover rate

Typical workday can be excruciatingly longNo work life balanceManagement is not a diverse cultureNo loyalty to employeesNo job securityEveryone is replaceablePoor communication

Pros

Training week is paid and lunch provided

Cons

No job security

Very exciting environment

Very unstable. The politics are crazy, everyone in every facility is out to screw each other over. There is a lot of family members in management. It’s very funny to watch.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Unstable

Terrible leadership with a lackluster culture

Work life balance is non-existent at Jostens. Leadership is out of touch with the people and the work being done day to day. Very little appreciation or acknowledgment of the efforts and sacrifices of employees, just continuously asking us to do more with less. Corporate HQ runs a skeleton crew and asks team members to absorb more and more work as employees leave to seek out better opportunities elsewhere. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere.

Do not work here

Worst place I’ve ever worked. The management is horrible the pay is too. You can only work a few months a year then they will lay you off until they need you again. Would not recommend working for this company with the current management.

Work work work

If you only want money and no life outside of jostens this job is for you! Money is great don’t get me wrong but they will work you till you can’t with mandatory overtime. You can’t bring in your phone, due to privacy, but you are allowed to listen to music with an old MP3 player. Well, only if they don’t prohibit it because of “slow” production. They will want no talking to coworkers unless you are at lunch or break. Supervisor/Team leads will rush you but then complain about quality when they only really care about quantity.

Save your self

If you want a life don’t work at Jostens. Management doesn’t care about you they only care about making their numbers for the day. It’s a bunch of grown people that don’t know how to act. It’s like high school all over again. If you have a issue with something or someone you could report it many times they will make it seem like you’re the crazy one or the one doing wrong. Management show favoritism. It’s a bunch of leads that are leads and don’t know how to do there job. All they do is talk and walk around. You will not be happy working here, it’s drama in every department. They can never keep anyone.

Very accommodating to life's ups and downs.

I worked here on and off for two years, they were extremely accommodating and gave me multiple chances when life got in the way. Be cautious though I heard all departments aren't the same, some will fire you in a heartbeat!!!

Pros

Good management

Cons

Short breaks

Best job I’ve ever had.

Working for Jostens is rewarding in MANY ways:You’re surrounded by a diverse team of positive and motivated people, you undoubtedly bring triumph to proud families across America, and you live everyday with a sense of purpose, knowing your job is to be present and to celebrate every occasion you get to be apart of. If I could give 10 stars, I would!

Pros

Diverse team, good leadership, travel, schedule

Productive and very fun experience

On the field training was actually efficient; you're allowed to observe and ask questions. Coworkers are very helpful and ensure you understand what to do and how to do it. One of, if not the, most satisfying and enjoyable jobs I've ever had.

Pros

flexibility, M-f, no nights

Cons

irregular scheduling at times

Bender

Nice pay, easy work, nice schedule. the supervisors seem to be very nice and keep to themselves. very self paced but also does care about numbers and production

Fun work place

Good company. Friendly co workers. During peak season you can get all the hours you want. Come to work and you will go permanent quickly. Nice team leaders.

Terrible.

The management and culture at Jostens in Clarksville, Tn was absolutely horrid. Money was stollen from employees, my car was vandalized and hidden away due to management being close friends with who did it. I would not recommend anyone to work here that wants a career or to be treated properly in the workplace.

Stay busy.

Easy to learn, too many people listen to idle gossip. Management isn't truthful. Play favorites for employees of full time. No smoking shelters. Old outdated machinery and poor communication on expectations.

Pros

Easy to learn and stay busy

Cons

Short lunch . no shelter for smoking.

Too much work, too little pay

The job itself isn't bad if you like to learn a lot of different things. The problem is you don't get paid more to learn more. They will make you get cross-trained in other areas, but don't give you any type of incentive. I don't know how they thing anyone can afford to work here long term.

Flexible hours for people that are in school. The pay was decent. Hands on training to help you do your job successfully. Good work life balance. Overall good place to work.

Pros

Flexible hours

Pays the bills

If you need a place to keep a roof over your head then this is it. Don't be late or try and take off. It will count against you. No life during rush season.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jostens. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits