J.B. Hunt

J.B. Hunt Employee Reviews

Showing all 3,464 reviews

Installing is good but delivering 500pd refrigerator is not.

This company is an great place to work. The pay was not. The type of work was very demanding and it take a toll on your physical body. I wouldn't go back and work for this company.

Pros

Learning something new

Cons

no good helpers

February 6, 2020
We are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback - we take all comments into consideration.

Straightforward, honest, reliable

I worked a little over a year for JB HUNT. Everything that I was promised during the interview process, I received. The compensation was above industry standard, the expectations were reasonable and overall the company was fairly organized. I enjoyed my time working for JB HUNT and would HIGHLY recommend this company to all my friends. AN A1 TRUCKING COMPANY IS RARE! SALUTE JB HUNT!

Pros

Compensation

Cons

Blackout dates-no vacation (this is normal in trucking)

Great place to work!

The work-life balance, support and encouragement, and satisfaction from my job are a few reasons why I love working at JBHT!I'm able to take off work for personal/family emergencies. I feel support and encouragement from my team and our leaders. If I'm struggling with a task, I can reach out to anyone for help and ideas to succeed.I enjoy my position and feel that I'm making a positive impact in others' lives with my work.

N/a

I like the job I just hate the Chicago rail yards and the pay is good just a lot of bull**** come behind it if you like to sit and wait all the time it’s the job for you

Employees treated poorly.

Not a job for people with families or a home..or any self respect. Very poor treatment of drivers, stranding in the middle of nowhere during holidays because the DISPATCHERS have the days off, so no jobs to run, and often for several days. Poor pay.

Pros

Scenery

Cons

Poor pay and treatment

Over worked & under payed plus put under a lot of stress

Sign on bonus shouldn’t be taxed cause it is a bonus not normal pay check plus they lie that if you don’t work by actually working a full year you don’t get the bonus until you work for one years time. That is bull if your employed with a company for one year you should still get your bonus that I’m entitled to.

Pros

Cons

They lie like rugs and take advantage of you

Haven't worked for a lot of companies but this is as fair of a company as any out there do your job and they will do their job very flexible and understanding and if you don't care for your position you can transfer to another until you find what works for you

Usually lots of work paid for everything you do. Moving empties or chassis lots of pto great pay if you willing to work medical benefits not very good

Pros

Lots of pto

Cons

Health care plans are limited

Great place to work in terms of work/life balance!

JB Hunt is a great place to work due to the flexibility in hours. They will attempt to accomodate you, with what works best for you. The pay is not great at times and sometimes you end up losing out on money due to the pay structure. Other times it's great due to 6th day incentives or getting planned on good loads. Overall good, respectful company. Pay is good at times and fairly bad in others.

Pros

appreciate employees, schedule, bonuses, 6th day incentives

Cons

pay is low at times, long hours at times, mechanics

Stability

Good company to work for if you get to work on a dedicated account with regular routes and home time.some accounts pay extremely well other are just average

Onboarding Specialist is slave work

I was a onboarding specialist for JB hunt and it was the Worse job I ever had! Managers micromanage your every move. And you can do all the work and drivers still don’t get hired! They want you on the phones from the time you clock in until you clock out with no breaks in between applications. They will threaten to fire you if you don’t get it right even during training. No work life balance they don’t care about your family and if you have little ones. I was miserable every single day after training. I was so excited when I got another job to leave. Don’t work here doing this job unless you have because otherwise you will be miserable and regret it!!

Pros

Big campus with lots of amenities

Cons

Pay, micromanaging no work life home life Balance Everything

August 9, 2022
We are sorry your experience wasn't more positive. We take comments into consideration and appreciate you sharing your feedback.

Rail Yards

Some days are excellent and some days nothing goes right at tge rail yards. Finding empty trailers and your loaded trailer if its not exactly where your dispatch tells.

August 10, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a rating. If you’d like to speak with someone about your experience, please give us a call at 1-800-452-4868.

Productive and fun work place

Supportive, encouraging, friendly work environment. Ample opportunity for continued learning and advancement within the company. Respectful, down-to-earth leaders and team.

Pros

Many perks

August 9, 2022
Thank you for the review! We love hearing positive feedback from our employees. We appreciate everything you do and are happy you’re part of our team.

Great company to start with

A very relaxed atmosphere here. I never feel like I'm being rushed to complete a load. That's very important especially for new drivers who are just trying to get some experience under them. Don't come here looking to make a lot of money. I average about 800 weakly net pay.

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere, open door policy, home time is up to the driver.

Cons

Work gets slow at times. Equipment isn't great. Pay is probably better elsewhere.

August 10, 2022
Feedback is important to us, so we appreciate you taking the time to share about your experience. We take comments into consideration and will be sure to pass your review on to our team. Thank you for being part of the J.B. Hunt team.

It's a good place to work

They continue to grow and grow and don't look back at the accounts who got them where they are to begin with. They stretch their management team thin and their drivers even thinner. They do compensate well but set lofty expectations. New Customers and New accounts get new equipment while the older accounts are stuck waiting for fill ins when they come.

August 4, 2022
Thank you for the review. We value feedback from our employees and use it to help us improve. We appreciate you being part of the J.B. Hunt team.

Stressfull when you need a truck service

Is stressing when you need to do a truck maintenance at terminal -----(19 Edgeboro Rd, East Brunswick, NJ 08816) they always busy and giving you a long wait depending on your account they have another temp truck available but for sure you need to clean the truck before use because they won't do it as my experience at jb hunt every case Is different

Pros

Grate pay great dedicated accounts

Cons

Some account manager treats you 🫣!!

August 2, 2022
We are incredibly thankful for the work you do! Thank you for taking the time out of your day to share your experience. Drive safe!

Don't do it

The trucks are the cheapest and smallest sleepers legally allowed. The maintenance is a joke. Half the time they just pencil whip everything. Been assign 3 trucks in 1 year. Each time they said the truck was inspected and cleaned. All lies. Every truck had cigarettes in every little pocket and literal trash in the cabinets and behind the seats. Complain and they say sorry, here's some cleaning supplies.

You can work at your pace no pressure

Office manager or drivers Always available to help resolve any challenges or questions . Everyone is respectful, sometimes you are pre planned and you can plan your day out.

Pros

Free coffee, great support system, excellent training

Cons

Sharing truck

August 2, 2022
We truly appreciate you taking the time out of your day to provide your feedback. We're happy to hear you had a positive experience with J.B. Hunt!

Terrible

Management is terrible, kids running the place. Just getting out of college with no logistics experience at all. Trying to tell drivers with over 30 years experience what to do.

August 2, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are sorry to hear you had a negative experience - please know that we are always working to improve the driver experience and will pass this information on to our team.

The GREIF account

It could have been a great experience. 1) The pay is too low. Paid like a factory worker without overtime. 2) Health benefits too expensive. 3) Nice vehicles. Governed down to low, 65 mph. 4) Route too dangerous for winter driving. 5) Vehicles too big for 25% of the accounts. 6) Local management does not take concerns regarding safety issues that the driver recognizes seriously in meetings. NOTHING EVER CHANGES TO FAVOR THE DRIVER. 7) The "meetings " are just held to allow management to check off their procedural boxes for the required weekly report for upper management.

August 2, 2022
We appreciate you leaving us a rating. If you have any specific issues or concerns that you’d like us to address, please give us a call at 1-800-452-4868.

Good Job with near unlimited loads to run

JB Hunt gives you nearly unlimited amounts of work. Theres no overtime pay as most activity based driver jobs go. But they gives bonuses for working an extra day. They don't push or force you to work 12+ hours but the loads and equipment are there if you want it. Drivers do get hired for office jobs but it's not easy to get. Had not figured out the formula for that by the time I was done there.

August 2, 2022
We look at feedback and take it into consideration. We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at J.B. Hunt. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits
  • J.B. Hunt
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?