IHG Hotels & Resorts

IHG Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews for Reservation Specialist

Reservation Specialist114 reviews

Found 114 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,659 reviews

Amazing work culture and office environment

The Job itself is pretty straightforward and basic. What I found memorable was the culture of friendship between co-workers of all ages and backgrounds. Management really gave importance to that aspect of the work environment, and that was enough to lighten the stress of working day in and day out.

Pros

Lots of events, Empathetic and caring management, Great office environment, Top-notch facilities and office amenities

Cons

Compensation was not very competitive unless you qualify for bonuses.

IHG was a great place to work. They had great benefits. Work-life balance was awesome. The culture was great. The was room for growth. Management was helpful.

Stressful company

No job security. After passing your probitionary period the stress won't stop there. Too many expectations for the employees with the least compensation.

Pros

Nothing.

Cons

No job security, stressful

Great Company

IHG is an excellent company to work for. They value they employees very much. The benefits are good and there are a lot of freebies and engagement activities. They also continually train the employees to help them improve. Overall, excellent.

Pros

Benefits, good work area, lounge

A Great Company

My first real job is with IHG and i really enjoyed it because of the salary and the work environment. People are friendly and the work is really casual.

Great management! MY manager was a BOSS!

I loved this job! The call center in North Charleston was amazing. I miss it! The location closed down and it was devastating. I miss the people, the management, the fun....

Fun place to work with if you can handle stress and low salary

Stressful job. Always queueing and the metrics are too high to reach so even if you sell many hotel rooms the incentives will be low because of their metrics.

Pros

Job security, nice employees, approachable managers

Cons

Low salary, metrics are too much, stressful job, always queueing

Non-Toxic Environment, Collaborative atmosphere, Approachable Team Managers

At that time I was working there it was pretty good. I thought I would never leave. I like that colleagues are helpful, everyone was doing their best to achieve the quota in a non-competitive way. And yeah we were doing great. The management is approachable and non-intimidating. The key performance metrics are realistic.A new leader was put in place so new rules was implemented. The workplace has gotten more serious, people are more pressured.. not as fun to work in as it once was, but still ok. I would say it is a pretty good company to work with long-term, I only had to leave because I don't think that the job was the right fit for me.

Pros

You can cross train in a different department for career growth.

A good place to start your bpo career

The people their are very kind, they're understanding specially if you are new in the bpo industry. They will help you grow and be a better employee and to have q better future.

Great Management

All managers and bosses are great and approachable. The reason why I stayed with them for 2 years! They have great facilities too (sleeping quarters for each floor, gym equipment, lactation room, computer room, atm machine, clinic etc.

Nice work place

Not happy with the management recently, pressure on the numbers and huge volume of calls. From the moment you sit until you go home its none stop calls. Some supervisor does not give a kcuf a about you.

Pros

30days VL

Cons

Pressure on numbers, specially sales.

Fun place

Great coworkers great management terrible upper management…lots of events and great food…it was a family. You rarely find that in companies now…I loved it for the most part.

Not recommended

Stressful job. too many things going on in your everyday shift. have to send emails every now and then for your log outs (wfh), TM makes you answer so many things via email, Workforce calls you out if you're on after call aux EVEN FOR JUST 30 SECS (they're queuing. VERY QUEUING!!!) Incentive standards are way too high. QA is stricter than most BPOs. Job is too stressful to match what they offer you salary wise despite having years of experience. AND BY THE WAY, IF YOUR BREAK/LUNCH GETS CONSUMED WHILE YOURE IN A CALL, you won't be able to take it anymore. so keep answering the phone 'till you die of hunger and exhaustion.

Pros

Career growth opportunities. friendly people.

Cons

Very low salary, stressful workload

Light Environment and colleagues are fun to work with

Pros: - HMO - Free food sometimes - Clean and light work environment - Co-agents are fun to work with - Upper Management are nice and approachable (open door policy) - 2 Rest days per week - Free annual check up and flu vaccine Cons: - Training is for a month but does not give in-detailed training for newbie call center agents, therefore new agents are clueless with other in-system navigation - Salary is a bit low - Low Allowance - Manager will establish respect based on your personal performance. (Low performance, will humiliate you in front of peers) - Will influence team members for a 10/10 rating in bi-annual review. - Will not encourage/endorse agent to explore other departments if sales metrics are low. - Will not offer (or turn down) leadership training if key targets are not met, compared to other team managers who will encourage their agents to join despite not meeting key targets. - Favoritism with specific team members

Loved it

Absolutely loved working there great pay your supervisors and team leaders actually listen and they work with you as best as much as I can and are pretty flexible

The right mix of sales & customer service

Work itself is not stressful but the schedule can be a challenge. You get to interact with clients from US, UK, Asia. Training surpassed my expectations. Management team is hands-on. Wonderful colleagues & company culture. Compensation package is fair.

I loved working there

It is a great company to work for loved the people I wished they would come back to the Charleston area if I was to work there management is where I would want to go

This company is unpredictable and relaible.

This company does notify its employees when crucial changes like employment have been made. This company no longer exist ion North Charleston because they suddenly moved their company oversees.

productive and happy enviroment

to bad they closed all US call centers to send them over seas . it was a great place to work very involved with agents and managers . enjoyed the people we worked with

Truly Enjoyed

I really had fun helping others to plan their vacation stays all over the country. There was plenty of opportunity to see other places and learn about the hospitality industry. I still use that knowledge in my personal travel today.

closed down

no need to apply here the company closed down and moved to a different country. but they were great to work with. they didnt pay us enough but they were fun to work with. they were like family. i miss it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IHG Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits

Learn about IHG Hotels & Resorts in popular locations

• IHG Hotels & Resorts
  • Reservation Specialist
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?