IHG Hotels & Resorts

IHG Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

Guest Service Agent117 reviews

Found 117 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,664 reviews

Work life balance

This is a great company with real work life balance but salary wise not the most competitive. Upper management is pro people and make sure its employees are safe during calamities.

Good company to work

IHG is a good company where you can work and grow from one department to another.. start from waiter to reservation then last Guest experience specialist

Under rated

I don’t advise anyone to work there, you will be loaded with tasks, since there is always a short of staff, the salary is the lowest in the region, the staff canteen is the worst ever, the accommodation is average

Pros

Cons

Long working hours, toxic workplace

Nice management and good banquet fun, lots of free food.

Intend on finding someone to help you figure where to start.You need to plan what things proceed importance according to bookings.management is very nice and personable to what your schedule needs are.Lots of communication from students, lots of different languages, lots of fairness.not getting enough hours to compensate a lifestyle Free food, breakfast attendees are so good with tips, and cook staff is well-educated and overly adequate at food knowledge.

Pros

Tips

Cons

Covid-19

Overall a great place to work

Overall, a great place to work. Many great people from different backgrounds and long term employees. Some of the corporate, HR material was contrived but that is par for the course in the Hospitality industry.

Endless opportunities

This industry is great if you don’t have a family! Workload can be tough, you will miss family time on the holidays. This industry never sleeps! Fast pace and fun though.

Productive and fun place to work

Great place to wk you meet wonderful ppl from all over the world every day! I met some wonderful people and gained some great friends that I call family.

Pros

Free lunch at some locations

Cons

Full benefits

Free lunch

The Willard is a great place to wk it’s convenient to commute as soon as you walk in your amazed at how beautiful it is. This place is no different from any other wk environment mangers has they picks of employees to whom they give special privileges.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

There are different departments and mangers has made it known who they would go over and beyond for

Overworked and under staffed

I can't in full confidence recommend this job to anyone, especially with a management team who treated employees like work mules. Moral was low and employee appreciation almost non existent.

Nice Place to Work

Lovely place to work, Lovely people, Lovely Guests..... but very hard work and under staffed, under-valued, under paid for what you have to do on a shift !

Pros

Talk to Guests

Cons

Hard work and low pay

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at IHG Hotels & Resorts?

Love working culture

Great company to work for. Clear line of leadership and great benefits. Tons of opportunity to grow as well. They offered tons of training programs to assist you in whichever direction you wanted

Pros

Lots of training

Cons

Always working extra hours

Busy, good hotel for knowledge,cool place!

Always busy and never a dull moment, learned lots even as an experienced hotel manager. Even years later I remenise about my years at Intercon!!I could go on and on. Wrapped up its a stellar hotel to work at,must be strong to handle hours and some of upper management demands and expectations! Worth it overall if want hospitality career!!

Pros

Perks! And atmosphere

Cons

Long hours, demanding GM

Bad place to work

Only care about money not people or the future. No training no help. They run a skeleton crew so you are usually doing two or three jobs instead of just yours and they expect no mistakes or complaining.

Great work environment/place to grow

I am currently employed for IHG @ Intercontinental and I do enjoy my job. The work environment is not toxic and I truly feel valued. The growth opportunity is amazing and i look forward to working here

Pros

Friendly Environment

Cons

At times very stressful but I had good colleagues

As with any customer service job especially hospitality sometimes the days could be horrible if the customers were rude but the team was good. Sometimes understaffed with made things harder to do your required jobs around the customer service but overall a pretty good company to work for

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Understaffing

Ambiance place to work at

The winning ways is one of the best thing the company gives and the ability to grow exceeds imagination. Work ethics strictly followed and adhere by everyone.

Pros

Food, Transport and Accommodation provided for

Cons

N/a

Fun and exciting

working in IHG Company is a blessing. They are going to help you to improved your skills and knowledge. i have been trained with other department that helps me to expand my knowledge. its been a greatful to be part of this team.

Great working experience

IHG is strong in room to grow and allow staff to have equality treat and the it provides brand standard to comply to each property to work in the same direction

Culturally dynamic environment

I worked here for some years and loved my colleagues. I eventually had to leave as new opportunities arose. You will definitely have a great experience as you will meet many people from different cultures from different walks of life.

Very Luxury properties and management are looking after their employees

This hotel give me a lot of Experienced during the time I'm working with them, they provide a very comfortable accommodation for the employee with fitness gym, transportation and a very nice meal during working hours. The hotel also hosting a lot of gatherings for their employees and also celebrating National Day even in a simple way to show their respect and support for their employee. I have received all the settlement & benefits that I have to get during the time I resigned up to the last minute they are very supportive to me.

great team

really nice coworkers, great atmosphere, good life work balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IHG Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits

Learn about IHG Hotels & Resorts in popular locations

• IHG Hotels & Resorts
  • Guest Service Agent
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?