IBM

IBM Employee Reviews

Philippines631 reviews

Found 631 reviews matching the searchSee all 31,381 reviews

Fun, exciting, competitive

I spent a fair amount of time in IBM, and it helped me grow to be a better IT professional. Although the only downfall here is when you get benched, it's hard for them to find you a next project unless you have a unique competency.

Amazing Company

Amazing Company! Good benefits, colleagues. Work life balance, collaborative teams, flexible work schedule, remote work, bonuses, only issue is that projects are graveyard shifts.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Night shift

I highly recommended place to work

IBM is a very good place to work. I worked in the company for 5.5 years. I started as a Project Manager and after about 6months they gave me the opportunity to become a People Manager on top of my current role.I had the opportunity to work with people globally such as Philippines, US, Mexico, India, Japan, China, France and Brazil. My typical day at work would be I divide my work schedule in 2 parts :First - I start my work at home.Second - I continue what I started at home in the office.It's very favorable for me because I can avoid the rush hours.In IBM they will give you all the opportunities on how you want to build your career. They have unlimited trainings. It's just up to you what you want to learn. In fact part of your goals for the year is to complete a certain number of hours in training.The work place is very enjoyable and people are very professional. I really enjoyed working there.There were a lot of challenges I encountered with job especially I deal with different cultures (as I've mentioned above that I got t work with teams globally) but it did not stop me from accomplishing my job. In fact I considered the challenges that I encountered as an opportunity to do things better. I focused more on the lessons that I can learn and how I can overcome these challenges than the challenge itself.

Pros

Unlimited learnings / trainings, salary, wfh, insurance

Cons

nothing I can think of

Okay so far

New hire - so far everything is good except some of the teammates lolYou need to adjust since you’re working with different races.No ot and holiday pay, you are on-call once or twice every month.There are lots of required training, badges and certifications.

Pros

Trainings, Badges, Certifications

Cons

No OT and holiday pay

Good pay, bad leadership

Recruitment process is pretty fast if project managers are eager to find a candidate. Managers sometimes hire people who are not fit for the role as long as they could immediately fill the position.Salary and benefits were good.Managers have multiple projects and teams, don’t expect them to properly attend to your needs.Although most developers are team players, some senior employees are reserved.

Pros

Good compensation package, Friendly recruitment team, Tons of activities and events

Cons

Client-centric, Poor leadership skills (case-by-case), Some mandatory trainings are not aligned with role, Lacks proper onboarding before project deployment

My best company so far

I worked for IBM for more than 5 years. Management and culture were cool! Salary was competitive and I had good benefits. There were lots of career opportunities and trainings. Long live, IBM! You will be surely missed!

Fun workmates

IBM had a very cool workplace that we didn't noticed working in an office since it almost felt like your second home. Though you feel like home, there come times that a lot of clients call and we have so many jobs to finish.

No comment

I have nothing left to say, I got a good benefits and compensated well, however management wise I would not recommend it since I had a bad experience.typical work schedule night shift 12am to 12 noon. Holidays are not paid for Case managers.

Very productive

Working with IBM is challenging, Casual and informative. I've learned a lot of new trend in information technology. Updates about the company are being done regularly. Jobs are well defined. People are good companies and very accommodating. I can't ask for anything else. I just have a problem with my night shift schedule i.e., got a hard time getting sleep in the day time. It's a matter of getting use to it anyway. Hoping that other companies in the Philippines would follow IBM. It's really fun working with IBM.

Pros

Daily updates of IT information

Cons

Night shift

Managers are very busy because of its international character that they will seldom interact with their employees.

Working at IBM has its pros and cons. There is more work than fun. The company ‘s international nature sets the tone for the work environment. There is so much formality in its typical international setting that sometimes you wonder whether you’re still in a Philippine environment or not. Anyway, overall it was pleasant working there if you had made a lot of friends.

Pros

It’s international prestige

Cons

A lot of bickering among employees

Productivity and fun workplace

May experience in IBM was the best, it build more confidence and have skilled in IT proffesion as Level 2 support. I love IBM as employer they treat me as a family. I ever I will give a chance I want to go back to them and be their employee again. I like the benefits.

Pros

Free medical via HMO

Cons

8 hrs of work

Almost 8 yrs. on my role

Worked here for almost 8 yrs. promoted once. I was seriously overworked. No OT pay for B5 even when we need to do OT almost everyday. We do not have work during weekends

Pros

Flexible schedule, work from home option, good benefits

Cons

Long hours, no hope on movement from current post

The best company that I ever had.

IBM is truly remarkable. From salary, compensation, benefits, work life balance and culture. If given a chance, I would gladly work for IBM again. This is a place where you can surely achieve your dreams.

Productive, Competitive, fun to work with, Lots of Trainings

The company offers lots of training materials if you want to widen your scope or learn other industry of work. With this, they expect their people to be competitive and continue improving themselves and the process.

Strictly technical.

The only problem I had encounter with IBM is their staffing. Employees were unable to follow break schedules due to the call volume. There would be times that we were unable to take our 30 minute break allotted for the day.

Cons

We are not able to take our break schedules on time

Productive and focused environment

-conducive environment to work -work venue is near the main roads (easily accessible) -relaxed and at your own pace -supportive team and management -can interact with upper management

Regarding the Taal volcano explosion. and COVID -19 cases on the rise. I think they are not prepared enough for the risk that it will bring to their employees.

Pros

Free food

Privileged to be an IBMer

I liked how they wanted employees to be efficient and well-rounded. Good opportunity to grow your career and make the most out of your capabilities to contribute to the company.

productive and great learning experience

Work time is not that strict but your output or result of work must be on time. The workplace culture is far better than others collaborative teams. Learning is endless, you'll get enough knowledge to assist every employees. Processes and tools are in place

Productive and collaborative

Enjoyed and learned a lot while working with client and peers. Coworkers helped me to be at ease while working. Also, they allowed us to work at home and remotely so that we can still connect with our clients and work seamlessly with our tasks.

Opportunities are up for grabs!!!

I have enjoyed working in IBM from the day I was hired and until now. The opportunities are rewarded to those that are deserving. It is true that your career is in your hands as you are the main proponent of the activities that will have an impact to your career in the long term.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IBM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits
  • IBM
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?