HomeGoods

HomeGoods Employee Reviews

Showing all 4,001 reviews

They work you too hard for little pay

Management is lazy and work you like dogs. Pay was way too low for the work you do. Can be stressful as they constantly push you to work faster and faster

Unprofessional and Rude

They throw you on a register after one day and act like you should know everything . If you ask the wrong manager a question they will yell and be rude to you in front of customers. Not all people are bad that work there but there are a couple of managers that will look down on you and let you know they look down on you . Best advise is if you work there DO NOT EVER ASK FOR HELP !! If you don’t know how to do something fake it til you make it cause they will put you down and make you feel awful and yell at you in-front of customers if you ask any questions . I have been a manager or general manager most of my adult life and I would never say anything negative to any employees in front of customers or other employees. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL

Pros

45 minute lunch

Cons

Everything else

Poor Management

My first year was fine, with very little in terms of issues or problems, but in the winter a new manager was hired and would consistently understaff the store, causing the processing associates to double as sales floor associates while also expected to completely unload the trucks while understaffed there as well. This led to the back room consistently being behind with absolutely no way to catch back up.

Terrible Place

Horrible Work Life Balance. High volume stores do not get support they need. Upper management only focuses on low volume stores that have an easy time. Excessive push for TJX Rewards and they do not care about you at all.

Flexible Schedule but a bit understaffed

The head corporation limited the hours the managers were allowed to schedule, but overall a good place to work. Really messy at times but no time to clean it up because trucks came almost everyday.

coworkers are nice

good fast pace working for 8 hours. Supervisor was very nice and always helped when the team needed help. pulled racks and moved the racks to the shipping area for the next order processing.

Pros

free lunch, good pay, and nice coworkers

Cons

poor management

HomeGoods was a great place to work for the staff was very friendly and caring If they would have par time I would definitely take a joB there I love

Low pay

TJX pays close to minimum wage and thus has a high turnover employee turnovers. Few opportunities for advancement within companies. Fine for part time work.

Not a stressful job but can be tiring.

Its not a stressful job for the most part. However the lack of staff sometimes leaves you tired out from a days work. Management is pretty decent. They're flexible with your schedule, decent leaders, and personable.

Pros

Free snacks, Flexible Schedule, easy ability to go full time.

Cons

Staff shortage, takes a while to get fulltime benefits.

Understanding and respectful

I worked at HomeGoods for two years and withing those two years I seen how understanding, and respectful the environment is. Unfortunately I had to leave because I couldn't make it with the salary I was getting a month so I decided to get another job. And the new job I have is a very toxic environment and so disrespectful to the customers and coworker. I been considering going back to home goods very recommend job.

Do not work for them.

They don’t care about their employees at all. They want you to do the job of management but not pay you the management wage. That was my experience in Savannah. I would not recommend working for this company.

Fun workplace, great employees

It was an awesome, fun, fast paced place to work with awesome coworkers and managers. Then they decided to bring in a manager from heck and it all changed. Everybody ended up leaving because of her. Not sure what corporate was thinking. They lost a lot of great employees. Lost customers too.

Good retail job!

Productive, good pay for the amount of work, and great environment. The customers are usually friendly as well. Even working in the back was a good experience.

Pay good environment bad

They pay well. Work is not hard but the culture is bad. Employees being treated well but management is not included in that culture. Open door is non existent.

Intense

Were I a stronger person, this would be a great place to work. I genuinely like my coworkers and many customers make the job rewarding. There are times I feel like I'm doing a good job and helping people enjoy their day and get what they want, but the overall feeling at the end of the day is that I'm unhappy, burnt out, and more of a burden than a help. Though management has improved recently, the company itself is very insistent on creating unattainable goals that hamper the customer experience at the cost of their relationship with the employees. So long as you are either okay with feeling like a failure at your job or okay with harassing customers, this shouldn't be a problem. The store is also open for obscenely long, "temporarily" (it's not temporary anymore). The bathrooms are a constant disaster -a health hazard- where they are unusable and some employees have resorted to leaving the premises for their bathroom breaks. There is no employee-only option. All this said, it's a perfectly survivable place to work if you're the right person. Least-toxic place I've ever worked. 7/10

Pros

Okay pay, Good kind coworkers who care, Good store manager, Nice break room

Cons

Work is often that of three people, High turnover rate, Clientele can get quite aggressive, Extremely high inventory that is nearly impossible to keep up with, You will always be failing in some way and the bigger company will remind you of this regularly, The restroom is HORRIFIC

Great part time or first time job

Typical retail job, on busy days it’s fun to help customers etc etc. Slow days, will get boring. Short shifts, but if you are working 8, you get 3 breaks (15/45/15).

Family

We get the jobs done while having fun, making friends, and making the customers want to come back to our store. It is a great team. We all take pride in what we do.

Pro - Diversity stands out here. Con - slow down occur off season. Employees work in a fast paced environment from the backroom

Busy place to work Holiday pay is time and a half..We observe holidays and cultural differences. We have a diverse work staff. We have team meetings in order to discuss various job expectations.

Pros

Free lunches and snacks

Cons

Slows down after major holidays increases occur in October.

Its an easy job with fair pay

I have loved working here and there really isn’t much I can complain about this job. The staff and management team is amazing and yes from time it does get a little stressful but not too stressful at all. The pay is fair for the work we do and the scheduling is extremely flexible. They are very understanding and help you when ever you need it. Overall its an amazing job if you want to make a little money here and there.

Flexible hour

They are willing to work with your schedule and what works for you. Management is great although when it gets tough, management can be difficult work with at times.

Good work

I love when the staff, great management. I love our products and I am a PROUD representation of such a great company with incredible staff and management team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HomeGoods. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits