Home Care Plus

Home Care Plus Employee Reviews for Support Worker

Support Worker6 reviews

3.5Salary & Benefits

Multicultural environment, flexible work

Multicultural environment, learn new experiences due to meeting many people from different background. Flexible work in regard to time and place. Sometimes facing some hardship as the clients suffer pain or are frustrated.

Pros

flexible work

Cons

Too much driving for short time shift

Great place to work if you have endured personal hardship in your life and willing to help people

I am a long term employee and receive a lot of personal satisfaction knowing I’m part of a professional team helping people,who through no fault of their own,find themselves in challenging situations,get to stay in their own homes and live their lives differently but as enjoyable as possible..As I have evolved into this position getting paid is a bonus.

Pros

Lots of hours if you’re keen and enjoy working in different environments all the time

Cons

Phone ringing

Stressfull

Loads of safeguarding issues with inexperienced carers ! Very unsafe place to work .Still not received my reference off them either! I Have contacted them and hr still nothing had to get different reference s off other places I've worked or is still be waiting to start work absolute joke why hold someone's reference so long . No one works as a team which causing safegaruding issues ie medication missed or not even offered. I

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Expect to do all work no team work

No duty of care at all.

I loved looking after my clients, But we are trained to always maintain our duty of care policy. This Company only saw clients as a piece of paper and income for their Competitive Company. The management was disgraceful when ever i raised an issue with a client that needs reviewing and nothing was done.

productive feedback about employee and their work.

Workplace culture create opportunities for reflection and feedback at every employee milestone. fuel rich one on one conversation with honest and reliable feedback. Their is no hard part that i can remember. And the most enjoyable part of the job is working together and making sure everyone on their safe side. Homecare+ management team aims to provide choices to assist aged and disabled with activities of daily living by providing a quality service.

Pros

get paid for KMs by driving to Clients house and giving more hours.

Cons

they provide you with perfect shift every day and more hours.

HC+ clients were good.

my typical day started at 630am , went through 2230 . I have learned a lot, being my first community based role, to be understanding, compassionate and respectful to clients, their support group and their situation. Also being the same with fellow carers and staff. I enjoyed the variation of my role, dealing and problem solving with the clients, spending time with the clients. The work culture within HC+ is not ideal, and the work culture in clients homes okay, depending on the client. The hardest part of my job was realising that sometimes I don't have the answers and all I can do is support emotionally. The most enjoyable part of my day is sometimes I can turn a clients attitude around, turn that frown into a smile, when I hear them laugh and appear happy, that makes my effort worth it.

Pros

Enjoy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Care Plus. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits