Hogan Transportation

Hogan Transportation Employee Reviews

If you want to do your job stay away from Hogan

Your fellow employees will stab you in the back. Will you are accused of anything they take and only listen to the accusers and don't give you a chance to answer your accusers. Dispatcher will stab you in the back. The less you do on the job the more valuable you are if you try and do your job your the one they get rid of. Management does nothing to correct problems and doesn't want to hear about problems. Overall if you want a job where you are treated fairly say away from this employer.

Good place

I worked there for a few months Its a good account. The only things is that you will be doing hard labor since they want you to unload by hand at the family dollars store you have to deliver to

awesome

Beautiful people , very nice ... very understanding a great place to work ..... definitely should apply Always smiling and RespectfulThey have clean vans.

Worst company to work for

Run, don't walk away from this place. Their HR is an absolute mess. No one has any answers for anything and no one takes reasonability for issues. The benefits department can't figure out what's going on with their own paperwork and corporate uses an outside company to handle all their disability claims. That company doesn't know proper laws in regards to what is or isn't correct when taking a leave of absence. There is no management for the terminal. No one can give you a straight answer. They will kick you around if they don't want to be bothered with your questions. Hogan is raking in money and pays their drivers as little as possible.

Pros

horrible company

Cons

no responsibility

Keep looking!

The Dispatchers (a newer, youngster, female in particular) can make or break your paycheck by cutting you out of OT. And they do!! The job itself is pretty much driving from points A to B and you get to drive some very NICE vehicles. Management is NOT proactive with issues brought to their attention REPEATEDLY and has little to no concern for their drive teams' opinions or suggestions. All in all its a place to work if you can't find anything else, that's all it will ever be. No advancement, no raises and no RESPECT!

Pros

Driving nice vehicles for, sometimes, long one way trips. Autonomy to take a relaxing drive.

Cons

Poor management, Dispatchers that are vindictive, arrogant and disrespectful and poor, nonsense business practices

Great home time

I get home time whenever I request it and the pay is decent and easy to get along with dispatchers. Only if trucks came equipped with apu and power inverters

OK company to work for

Good and not so good at times.. Coworkers were pleasant to work with but the traffic can be a headache at times..Driving different cars was one of my favorite parts of the job. Pay could be better..

Fantastic money

Great account, phenomenal pay if you're willing to put the time in. Great management, pretty easy going environment. I miss it, to be honest. But life changed and I had to move on.

Generally a good company to work for.

It is an easy job. Driving cars from one Carmax location to another. Not hard. Only downside is having to occasionally driving with other drivers. More often than not they have no manners and are poor drivers.

Lots of work

Great people to work for but the DC is awful loads are usually not ready on time. But the Hogan personnel are amazing to work with, and will do their best to help you meet your financial goals.

It’s a good company and they have a good accommodation

Overall I’m ok with my job I left for 3 months and came back to a good start so far it’s being good. Constantly loads and fair trips all over the area the your assigned destination

I was treated examined Well

I started work there and was treated extremely well except for orientation there was a grumpy old man that treated people with no respect overall Hogan was a wonderful place to work paid me well

Good pay and great management

I was always able to get miles if I asked for them. Time off was given without haggling when needed. Easy no touch freight. Great career pathway for people starting out.

Great work and family time

Very good Company to work for loads were good home time was good could use higher paid wages trucks are good or they will get you a truck if your truck breaks down never leave you sitting well organized company

Pros

Hometime, manager, loads

Cons

Pay

Communication is terrible and takes awhile for them to be ready for you to be ready

Extremely high turn over rate, don’t care about employee, extreme physical work, they don’t let you last more than a year and what you do personally effects your job in a huge way. Your life not only at work is controlled but so is your personal life at your own expense. Allot of incidents and issues. Chain of command is not together but all over and they struggle to work with the companies they are contracted with.

Pros

They pay good but for reasons

Cons

No job security

Good learning exp

Great as my first job learned a ton bout driving and running my clock decent miles ok pay but could always use more lol great starter company............

Great Company - horrible account

Great company- but the Dollar General account is horrible. Garbage trailers, lift gates. Take 3 hours before every load just to get your trailer/lift gate fixed just for it to break down on you while you unload.Pay is great though.

Equipment

It would be 5 stars, if not for equipment breakdowns and the time it takes to repair. When I started I was told this tale that they had 500 new trucks on order but delivery was being delayed. However I continuously drive past Truck dealerships whose lots are filled with brand new trucks and they can not get these 500 supposed trucks they ordered? I have had several stretches of downtime due to waiting on an issue to be fixed.

Nice place to work

Nice trucks and friendly people for the most part it was steady work and pay was ok the routes was good pay could have been better but thing probably change since

Good place to work for home daily

Pretty straight forward place to work. Delivering food to Save a lot grocery stores throughout Michigan, Ohio and Indiana. Management was cool asf and chill. Most of the trucks were newer.

Disbatch is local where you pull out of

It is a small office you report to so you do feel that personal touch that you don’t get from working out of a main headquarters . Facilities are clean and trucks are well taken care of

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hogan Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits