Hobby Lobby

Hobby Lobby Employee Reviews

Showing all 5,077 reviews

Productive workplace

The main focus of a Hobby Lobby employee is to serve the customer. We must always tend to the needs of any customer that enters the store. In order to assure that Hobby Lobby employees are expected to greet customers, and help them with anything they might need. The hardest part of the job was the outdated purchasing system, nothing has bar codes, so everything must be put in by hand.

Stressful and frustrating

Not enough hours to make a living and customer just complains on a daily basis when their items are not on sale. You make $13/hr but only get like less than 10 hours a week.

An incredible place to work with wonderful work enviroment

I absolutely adore working at Hobby Lobby, the management I work with is incredible, they work alongside us and help us do our best. Hobby Lobby has a wonderful work environment, I could go on and on about how fantastic my job is.

Pros

Employee discount

Fun if everyone is on the same page and supporting one another

Working here was fun for the most part. Holidays were tough but the days go by quick. If your management team communicates well, the store is ran beautifully... But that is hardly the case. The culture is ok, too much gossip and too many groups that makes it hard to work together.

Pros

Flexibility and pay is ok

Cons

No cohesive communication from the top

Good Place with right management

When I first started it was ok, got trained in what I needed to do and coworkers friendly. First manager was ok, didn't talk much but still worked with people. When we go another manager she was hands on and did what ever it took to help. When my wife and I had our first kid she helped us out. It can be a great place to work when there is the right person in charge.

if you want to sell your soul for a job then this is the place.

full disclaimer: this does not represent every Hobby Lobby, just the Roseville location. the management was absolutely terrible, none of them got along and there is 4 of them (store manager, co-store manager, and 2 assistant managers). there is never any clear direction and if you're not a manager then you are always doing something wrong. they pay the employees a lot of money but it's not worth the mental strain of dealing with 4 different opinions contradicting each other 24/7.

Great pay for pulling orders

If you are willing to show up and work hard, you will be just fine. It is the type of job that you can clock in and clock out and not worry about taking the job home with you. They pay well.

Great place to work!

I loved working at Hobby Lobby! I worked there for a little over 2 years. The only reason I left is because I had a baby and wanted to stay home. I had incredible co-workers who became good friends. Nearly 8 years later we’ve all kept in touch as most of us have moved, promoted, retired or followed other career paths. I love stopping in to shop and saying hi to those who still work there as well! The overall community within the store was incredible! As far as a job, I loved it. We’ve moved away from the city otherwise I’d consider going back to work there. I loved my customers, always enjoyed the work and never had a problem spending extra time there to spend my paycheck after I got off. I worked as the head cashier but got to help in other departments regularly so it was nice to change things up from time to time. Five star company for sure. The pay was great, the people even better. By far my favorite job I’ve had.

Pros

Pay, management, customers, work

Stressfull and underappreciated

Toxic work environment formed by the managers. Often scared to approach management because you never know what mood they'll be in. Hardly ever working a full 40 hours a week except a few weeks in December when you end up staying until 12am working 12 hours shifts. Expected to stay past your scheduled shifts some days, but then yelled at when you stay on other days. Very understaffed and have unachievable goals. Mangagers offer absolutely no help when you fall behind and just say "deal with it" Overall pretty good pay for retail, but not worth the stressful environment.

Pros

Pay was decent for retail, most coworkers are friendly

Cons

Toxic work environment, unable to advance, little to no encouragement from management, unreasonable goals

Pays well but don't expect an easy job.

Alot of hard work but you'll meet some cool people! Management at this location tend to be understanding and supportive but corporate management can sometimes be a pain. There will always be opportunities for more hours, definitely more of a full time versus part time position.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hobby Lobby?

Don’t be late

An amazing company, great pay for little work. Just be responsible and don’t sleep in they are very struck about the point system. Worth the money for hardly any work

Pros

2 15min breaks on the clock

Cons

Feet hurt

Fun

Pays well and can be fun but also alot of work..Even though they don't extend Christmas hours you are still gonna work later at Christmas..Christmas and fall season is busy but calm most of the other time of year

Productive workplace

Love the staff and how helpful they are. They are like family and always helping each other. I really love that. They train you pretty well! If you need help, just Ask

If you can be fake it's for you

Too much favoritism an if not like by team leads or management you can be overworked an overwhelmed. You can be hired for one thing an do multiple positions if required which is not no issue if your flexible but they fail to tell you that upon hire . You can be easily targeted for other who do the bare minimum an your work extremely harder

Nice decor but outdated systems

Loved seeing and setting up all the new product. Their register system is really old school and outdated and they do not use scanners to help locate items within the store.

Good company

Good company easy work. Just hope you get a good boss and district manager who respect you. Hours can be from 7am till 11pm depends on your shift. Most employees schedules rely on business need's. You can be cut short a lot.

overall good workplace

, Overall the jobs okay but it def has its flaws, the management sometimes are rude and unprofessional, but then also nice? some policies also dont make any sense

Pros

Understanding Manager, Decent pay

Cons

Rude management, misunderstandings

Let's be honest....

The stores are terribly understaffed, overworked, and underpaid with no benefits due to this Christian shell doesn't believe in full time employment.

easy work but favorites

its easy but favorites for team leads exists and it sucks. If youre an attractive girl guy team leads will just talk to them all day while workers like me have to work even harder.

Poor Management

Poor Management. The Store Manager is degrading to all employees making poor morale and unhappy employees. Company needs to start caring about their workers instead of just focusing on “saving money.” They are losing very good employees and will continue to as the months go on, which will leave this store struggling for the holiday season. The store does not look put together anymore, looks like an outlet store since we don’t have time to “stage” product and merchandise. We once had enough workers to do so but now the only focus is to process two truckloads a week with no space to put it. Boxes have been piled 7 high around the perimeter of the store for weeks now and customers complain that they can’t shop. No customer service on the sales floor, all employees are in the back working the truck and pushing freight. They are losing sales and it makes me worry about the future for this store.

Great Pay. Poor culture.

The pay at Hobby Lobby is amazing compared to other retail stores. The only issue really are there is no room to move up in the company, and the culture I experienced was not the greatest. Everyone feared the GM.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hobby Lobby. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits