Hilton Garden Inn Hotel

Hilton Garden Inn Hotel Employee Reviews

Showing all 3,261 reviews

Pollin Miller Hospitality Strategies

It is a typical front desk position, you do not get a real break like expected. PMHS is the management group who owns this Hilton Garden Inn. And that's who I am basing my scores from.

Customer service/hospitality job

Each day was pretty much the sameAttended to guestsMade sure revenue was balancedClosed the day out and ensure the automation ran without issuesEssentially no direct supervision, as most communication was through emailAs the full-time Night Auditor, I was essentially in an on-call position, and new managers never took the time to learn the system, so it was rare that I had someone to cover for me

Needs better supervisors. They tend to be lazy and if they dont like you they will cut ur hours and try to make you quit. There is no growth potential which means you will likely be stuck in the same position forever.

Pros

Non

Cons

To many

Was a manageable job

Ownership company and general manager were HORRIBLE. General manager was very passive aggressive. Direct manager was kind and understanding, and very easy to talk to. She was always willing to help as long as you did your job. Work environment was exhausting some days. A lot of older co-workers looking down on younger co-workers

Pros

free breakfast, co-workers can be nice

Cons

no breaks, standing on feet 8+ hours

Good coworkers

the chef is great to work for, everywhere is short staffed but he will actually work with you if you need to miss a day for some reason. He takes care of the employees.

Jefa de recepción con actitud inaceptable

El trato de la señorita Jessica Rico (jefa de recepción) a los trabajadores era deplorable. Llegando a llamarnos tontos y torpes de su propia boca en ciertas ocasiones. Mal rollo. Le dijo a un cliente que no le abría la llave delante mía que seguro era porque yo las hacía mal y nunca abrían (después de hacer 80 entradas al día).Además casi me caigo de espaldas el día que la oí gritar a un cliente que se estaba quejando y con motivo. Lo peor de todo es que hace años que no trabajo ahí y me consta que sigue de jefa…

Good place, okay management

Good place if you are simply looking for a mostly stable job. Communication between management to employees needs improvement but other than that its okay.

Wonderful GM and other staff. Beautiful new hotel.

I honestly like everyone I work with directly. I look forward to my shift everyday. Very supportive and fun staff. I really enjoy meeting guests who are either passing through or staying for long visits on business. I plan on staying with Hilton for many years to come.

Fun and friendly place to work

I enjoyed working at the Hilton garden inn it was a very friendly and learning experience that I can find out and take with me wherever I may decide to work next.

Pros

Monthly meetings with lunch

Cons

Took very short break if any at all

Excellent Company

I really enjoyed my employment at HGI. Decent pay and great benefits. Very low turn over in food and beverage. Very high turnover in housekeeping and front desk.

Bad management

They play favorites and are backstabbers smile in your face and talk behind your back type people not a good work environment housekeeping management are very fake .

Comfort and interest in job double ups efficiency

Great learning and work surrounding experience. An opportunity to meet and communicate with various customers. Ease of getting back and forth from work do you do night audit hours.. . my skills made it comfortable and easy work tasks due to my experience and skills.

Pros

Commute to work and comfort due to my skills

Cons

Bay and remonstration could be better

Productive and fun work environment

Got along great with fellow employees who made me feel welcomed. Easy going , comfortable work pace, head supervisor rocks. She is the best. Great work parties,

Pros

Plenty of breaks

Cons

Half hour lunch

Not a place for growth

Underpaid and overworked. Will have you work until 1am some nights just to come in at 6am the next morning. Years of tenure go unappreciated, make the same amount as new associates. And hard work goes unnoticed.

Mostly Great

I loved this job. Chill job and everyone is great to work with as long as you do your job. The discount is great too! The GM is AMAZING, but if you don’t work then watch out. She can come off mean but she means well and just wants you to do your part! They also have amazing food and fun lunch meetings frequently. They are big on recognizing there employees. I’d love to still work for them.

Fast paced, never bored. Good people, bad owners

The job itself is taxing, lots to do all the time, very demanding. So you'll never be bored here, if that works for you. Basically everyone you work with and for locally are some of the best people in the business. The place got new owners in Jan 2022 and they are terrible. The worst part of working here are their ideas to run the place, despite their good benefits and overarching system. They're in Georgia and just don't know how the place works.

Pros

Good benefits, best local people, lovely property

Cons

Increasing workload for everyone by the month, wages not increasing proportionally

Best job yet

Management is great. They will always find a way to help. Everyone helps everyone. I come from serving tables at sports bars. So this is different. Alot more chill. I enjoy this job and plan to stay here as long as they let me.

Pros

Pay, teamwork, environment and much more

Meh

Overall not a horrible company to work for but not the greatest depending on your location. I can't truly review the company itself as the location I worked at was managed by a third-party management company. Therefore, I'm sure working under Hilton management is a phenomenal opportunity but I unfortunately am unable to say yay or nay to the company.

Nice management

Good management, great team work, nice pay, requires elbow grease but eventually you’ll get use to it. Could use a bit more organization for linen on floors, house men are pretty good

When the F&B department opened it was amazing

I worked in the F&B department for almost a year. When it started there was a great team that got along great and worked hard. The sales team was a nightmare and often caused problems. I was rarely supported and often worked 60-75 hours a week. Since I left it totally went down The high turnover of uppermanagement and employees in general should be a big indicator. They work you to death and dont care about your family life and pay really horrible wages.

Misleading / Wasn't pay.

I did a two week training process and was hired as a bartender which I was quickly demoted to be a server and I was never paid for my two weeks of training nor did I receive any tips from my fellow bartenders as promised.

Pros

Food good

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hilton Garden Inn Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits
  • Hilton Garden Inn Hotel
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?