Hendrickson

Hendrickson Employee Reviews

Ok place

Depends on what area they send you to be trained at. Some are easy but a few jobs have you overworked where the pay isnt enough. Decent overtime options

Great Coworkers everything else is horrible

The experienced coworkers deserve so much more than what they are given. They truly make the place bearable and make the environment the best it can be with what they are given. The job itself isn't complicated you follow a set way to build their product taught from a set of op sheets by a trainer. Expect the book to be outdated especially in the packing area but with the right trainer you will be ok if you memorize the multiple packing schemes. Working on the line expect missing or broken tools. You will spend valuable time chasing your sockets down that constantly fall off around the line and under racks. But if you beg for a few months you may be able to get them replaced. Every part installed receives a scan. the labels 3/4 of the time won't scan it's a well known problem but if caught scanning one of the few scannable labels they will threaten to take your job.They demand a number at the start of the day and will not account for down time for missing parts waiting up to 30+ mins for certain things. This has been an on going problem for years but expect you to make the time up hitting the goal but also know the process takes a certain amount of time to complete per their set op sheets. it's not possible. be prepared to cut corners per their request but if something goes wrong it will be no fault of management and you will be the fall guy. For HR if you ever need anything at all count on them to be in a production meeting or leaving early on a Friday. When you do finally get to them they will kindly direct you to a 3rd party company that will handle your -

Great people & benefits

The hourly pay rate doesn't do the total benefits package justice. No mandatory OT, lots of opportunity for growth, and the company has family and employee activities throughout the year.

Management is extremely poor.

Management is outdated and there is no room for growth. They need to get with the program and treat people with respect. Managers should work for their employees but that is not what goes on here.

Pros

Pay

Productive that's it

If u want to work in a hot environment to where the managment only cares about numbers this is a place for you. Quality over quantity is a slogan literally that's it just a slogan but let's be realistic its quantity first that's it safety isn't a concern protect yourself because they will not care about you wear your PPE watch your hand placement be aware of your surroundings. On the positive side you will have great coworkers that will help you and coworkers that will take care of one another we have to because we cant rely on anyone in management or HR. Basically be willing to throw your friends under the bus to move up in this company.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

20 minute lunch break, 10 minute breaks, hot environment, you will burns.

Fast paced friendly work environment.

Good place to work. Keeps you busy but not to overwhelming. Pay could be better but awesome benefits, work life balance, and hours. Only left becaused i moved

Pros

Breaks. Benefits. No mandatory overtime but plenty of overtime available

Cons

Same as every place, you got people you enjoy working with, and people you dont like working with.

Decent place to work.

Decent place to work. Not as good as it used to be but it's alright. No mandatory overtime is good. They say you can climb the ladder there but you have to be buddy buddies to do so.

Pros

Overtime is always optional.

Cons

Dirty, heavy and hot work. They wish they were world class but they're far from it.

Halfway decent company - Stay away if you are IT

The company overall is alright. Fair compensation, good benefits, decent work life balance, and there are good people there. However, there is no WFH policy and they are stingy with PTO, which is why they can't fill positions. IT specifically? Absolute disaster. The department is controlled by a handful of incompetent people in the corporate office. You will get the bare minimum of access to do your job and nothing more. That job you will be doing comes with the title of System Administrator, but you will be break fix support. You may think that is fine for a bit and you will advance past it. Nope. You will be stuck there with no opportunity for advancement with corporate management that could not be worse. They will cause numerous outages and you will be the one people coming running to. Hostility, favoritism, and retaliation from corporate management occurred frequently.The above adds up to massive amounts of stress, and you'll be unable to enjoy weekends knowing it all starts again on Monday. You will never catch up on stuff as the list will eternally grow as corporate throws grunt work your way that they should be doing themselves. Completely overwhelming and defeating.Again, there are good people there (including in IT), but they are not the ones who are pulling the strings. If you are desperate for a job then you have to do what you have to do, but you could do better with 95% of the places out there over here.

Great group of guys to work with

I’m sure anyone would love the job but it can be demanding at times. The maintenance supervisor is a great guy and easy to get along with. As long as you show up and do your job he will help you any way he can.

Just a place to live and call home

I must admit my surprise to learn of a place to sing my words of praise for this beautiful place of work. I truly am grateful, for this is honestly the closest to heaven anyone will ever get. Walking through the doors fills me with the joys of life. The chorus of birds singing our welcome every morning and the deer and wildlife smiling, welcoming our return from the outside prison we refer to as life. This magical place is our escape, our own garden of Eden . The laughter, the hugs, the cheers and the laughter make every second the most worthwhile seconds any human can enjoy and appreciate. To find a single word of negativity would go against all things holy and pure. If ever you need to spend time just being happy, cared about or simply a great place to just stand and smile, this is the place for you.

Pros

It’s heaven, literally

Cons

Nothing. It truly is a wonderful place to live

I enjoyed my time at Hendrickson

I can say with complete confidence, that Hendrickson is a great place to work. I honestly do not have a single bad thing to say about them. It's a great place. Highly recommend!

No mandatory overtime - Pension - 401k - Tuition Assistance - Vacation 1st year

I really like working at Hendrickson. The best part is they don't force you to work OT, but you can volunteer to work OT as much as you want. This is the only factory I know of that doesn't force their people to work overtime. I started in January 2021 and got 10 days of vacation to use that year. This is the first place I've worked that I didn't have to wait a year until I got vacation time. The benefits are really good too, and I only had to wait a month for my benefits to start. They have health insurance, dental, vision, 401k, pension, tuition assistance. I started in assembly and signed up for their welding class to be a welder here.

Awful, HR and management is a joke!

Never answer phone calls, HR is pathetic.Managers and supervisors show extreme favoritism and will also cuss you out daily.Be prepared to be treated like dirt.

The employees are awesome. Management not so much.

The work is pretty monotomus and boring. Unless your in the click with management you can pretty much forget about moving up the career ladder. Pretty typical for the Lake Cumberland area. The haves are more concerned about the have not's getting a piece of the pie.

Pros

Great comraderie with fellow co-workers.

Cons

Management sucks.

I love my job

I just recently started but so far I really enjoy my job and that’s super important to me. Hendrickson is a great company to work for from what I hear the company does alot for their employees. The factory feels safe in both plant 1/6 and 3 (where I work at). I got a super great trainer (I’m still being trained) but he is soo thorough and explains everything to me, he showed me the Hendrickson trophy room which is pretty neat it has all the different parts we make I like seeing the parts we make and where they go at on the vehicle. Hendrickson seems like a big family everyone is super friendly. I don’t understand why there are sooo many bad reviews because Hendrickson seems like a great company to work for.

Pros

Way too many to name

Great people

Great place to work. People are kind and considerate. Benefits are some of the best benefits in any manufacturing facility. I would highly recommend Hendrickson as your next employer.

Good place for beginner welders

Pay rate is horrible. Need better welders. Parts very poorly welded. Every one seemed friendly. Lots of down time. People are always willing to help out

Pros

Everyone is friendly

Lot of good people here

Over all I would say this is a good company to work for. Great work life balance. A lot of good people here too, making it more enjoyable to come into work everyday.

Great place to work, work as a welder is very demanding not easy.

Great benefits pay is ok management is great people for the most part are great, this is not a place for easy work you will go home sore, and exhausted. You can make a decent wage but not a great wage for the work. You can listen to music. If your young it would probably be better for you, because did I mention hard work.

Pros

Benefits. Work life balance no mandatory overtime

Cons

Hard work

Was a good job when I started

I liked the work my first two months. Then after a little while I realized how shady it was. The line leads and supervisors won’t get onto you if they like you, if they don’t, they yell at you for everything you do wrong, management treats you like you have a disability. There is no mandatory overtime but the way they have you work you won’t want to be there any more than you have to be. I’ve worked there for a year and three months I’m considered seniority and still I’m treated like garbage at the end of my shift my supervisor walks around and throws the trash that you missed in the middle of the ile and tells you to pick it up. Supposed to be a family business but it is far from it

Pros

No mandatory overtime

Cons

Pay Disrespectful management Work you in the ground

Good pay benefits are good the atmosphere can be hectic at times. Managers are good. Love the eight hour shifts with no mandatory overtime but plenty of overtime offered

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hendrickson. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits