HelloFresh

HelloFresh Employee Reviews for Production Associate

Production Associate64 reviews

Good place to work if you don’t mind warehouse work.

Good place with good pay as long as you don’t mind being in a warehouse. The shifts are long but that also allows for an extra day off in the week. Good management as well.

Pros

Good pay, flexible schedule, low stress environment.

Terrible experience

Terrible job. Hired as Fulltime, promised 40-50 hours a week and ended up barely getting 30 on a good week. First day was barely a 4 hour shift. There was absolutely no training, not that the job is hard in any way in fact it is the easiest job I've ever had but they could at least take 5 minutes to show you what to do. None of the workers would help you when you needed it, but expect you to help them every single second even when you're busy. Half the shift would leave early and/or complain whenever a shift lasted more than just 4 or 5 hours. When speaking to management and HR about not getting 40 hours that was promised during onboarding, they literally responded with "Oh well, maybe you should find another job." I also had a liine lead threaten to fight me over nothing within the two months I worked there. Terrible company and terrible workers, absolute waste of time.

Excited

Great to work for people are grateful and helpful Great team it's a bit cold but u get used to it money is great close to where I live only have ti get two buses dosent cist too much

Incredibly boring

Not bad especially for a first job everything is super easy biggest issue is there are no opportunities to do anything other than what you apply for meaning if you come in as production you are gonna stay in production until you get lucky and snag an opening in warehouse or quality

Stressful jobAgency poor communication

They make you work 12 hours,weekends.Constantly pushing ,shouting at you,working you harder.groups are formed and intimidate you to move from your chosen work area.Management are poor.you are made to wait for toilet breaks.

Pros

Cons

Long 12 hours standing in the cold sometimes handling blocks of ice. Shouted at, made to work harder, make you wait for toilet breaks .my friend was reduced to tears, harassment

Amazing place to work amazing salaries amazing people very nice place easy going people very helpful health and safety procedures being applied all the time

Pros

Free drinks

Cons

It’s a good paying job but they will run you like a horse.

The job pays good. The problem is that most of the time management just try to make Quota without taking into account the amount of workers. So they will understaff other areas just to make sure they have as many lines as they can. To keep the line running you have to inform your lead or supervisor to have someone replaced you but we have no people because we are under staffed. So they end up having to wait to use the bathroom which is hard because it’s a cold room. Next the way they improve production is to yell ready push the boxes faster but it just makes a higher Anxiety. So without giving concise Goals so that we all can work towards it with a incentive it just becomes the race and we are the horses while they are the jockeys.

Pros

Pays well good benefits

Cons

Hard work no real time to use the bathroom understaffed

High per hour salary compared to other production company

Great place to work, the job is easy but paid enough. Workplace culture is good too and you get to have a lot of overtime with pay. There are days with free lunches.

Pros

free lunches, overtime

Cons

not structured enough

Productive and cold

Supervisor's can work on their attitude how to speak to their employees in a professional way, not nasty and rude disrespectful. Great company to work for, great benefits and salary.

Cold, repetitive, poorly-managed, and unreliable

The warehouse is cold and the job is completely repetitive, which is understandable for a food packaging job where you are on an assembly line. However, middle-management had no idea what was going on, things would shut down for an hour for no known reason (and we couldn't warm up or take a seat during that time) and sometimes they just canceled because they didn't have work for me, which is not good for an hourly worker. DO NOT WORK FOR THEM VIA A TEMP AGENCY, it makes this last problem even worse and also they will notify you at 2pm that you don't need to by at work by 7 that day.

Pros

Decent money

Cons

Not sustainable

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at HelloFresh?

It's cold.

The people are ok. I worked there when it was just opening so it was a bit chaotic. It's very cold and a bit boring, it's hard to stay warm when you're stood still.

Pros

Free drinks.

Cons

Cold.

Work is very repetitive, but the pay makes up for it. Expect to have no clue what to do or where to go for at least a week.

Work hours are typically 10 hour shifts, four days a week. The benefits and PTO offered is much better than most other entry level jobs, and the pay is very reasonable. As long as you can stay on your feet and manage different physical tasks this job is not terrible. Management, on the other hand, often seems disorganized and clunky.

Pros

Pto, Benefits, Wage

Cons

Management, Lack of direction, long hours

ok

ok for starter, they give you new gloves whenever you need, they teach you from scratch, you don't need to worry about socialize because people change every time.

It's cool for what it is....

Just started under a month ago. It does seem very high school(ish) I assume find the right lead(and I say that loosely) and you'll be ok. Get there early enough for parking and to find you a good spot on the line.

Pros

Benefits, pto, personal holiday, sick pay

Cons

Can't leave building and very very cold inside.

N/a

It’s alright, not too horrible but it’s also not great. They offer good benefits, mediocre pay rate. The managers & leads are terrible. Unorganized, never sure of what to do next. Running around half the time causing production to stop and stand around as it continues to freeze.

Cold and unorganized workplace. This should be a last resort.

Management is unorganized and lack adequate communication skills, HR is a joke and unknowledgeable of things and topics they should be well informed in. No structure at all. Everything is so unorganized and unprofessional. I don’t call this place HelloFresh I call it Ghettofresh for a reason.

Pros

Pay, provide food on breaks sometimes

Cons

Cold, unprofessional staff, unorganized management, unstructured, bad communication

Easy Money

You have to do something really bad for them to fire you. Just go in for your hours and they don't really care what you do. The culture was a little high school cliché, but that didn't bother me. Shifts are long and boring and they don't allow headphones, but you can sneak them pretty easy.

Pros

Easy, Not strict

Cons

Boring, Long Hours

Okay job but not long term

Overall, I enjoyed my time at hello fresh. Stayed with the company about 9 months before leaving for a new opportunity elsewhere. Newnan started employees off with $17.50 for night shift and I believe $16-16.50 for day shift. You come in, grab whatever spot on the assembly lines or kitting area that you’d like and stand in that spot THE ENTIRE NIGHT. You also have the option of replenishing which requires more movement throughout the shift. Almost every job in the warehouse is first come first serve, so get there early. Very stagnant/repetitive job & very cold (buy a snow suit) but the work is easy and requires no training. Just common sense. Management is a hit or miss but because they want you to meet their production rate, they have no problem informing you of what you’re doing right or wrong. I wouldn’t take their feedback personal unless their blatantly disrespecting you. Oh yea.. DON’T STAY IN THE BATHROOM TOO LONG!!!

Pros

Good pay for easy job, nice coworkers, huge parking lot, two 30 minute breaks, discount on food orders, most line leads are easygoing

Cons

can be stuck doing your job and somebody else's, high turnover rate, security is very strict, no earbuds or phones on floor, rude janitors

Production Associate

Had the pleasure of working at the new distribution center in phoenix. The pay was good but not worth the he*l that I endured in this position. Freezing cold temperatures, no water or food except for the two breaks you get for a 10 hour shift, condescending managers and way too many of them who are never on the same page, (as a result we get yelled at for things that we didn’t know were rules), an unresponsive hr team that we are not allowed to talk to, only message through an app, and was promised a sign on bonus that I never saw or was given information on when I would receive.

Pros

decent money for requiring no experience

Cons

I listed all of them in my review

Very Annoying

Not a job you want to work at. The people are rude, and dont care about your wellbeing. They are also always clocking the time you go to the bathroom like you are a child.

Alright money but boring

Its easy work but it's quite repetitive and boringand only 30 minute break for 8 hours of work. Can get really cold in there even after wearing couple layers.

Pros

Easy

Cons

Cold

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HelloFresh. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits