HelloFresh

HelloFresh Employee Reviews for Brand Ambassador

Brand Ambassador54 reviews

Fun work

Fun product to sell and keep track of. Being apart of a food company is very exciting and give you a chance to make your own food as Wells having this product is great

Fun job

Job was fun but could be stressful at times with the right manager you can really do great. You drive too different events around Houston and promote and sale the product. We would go to gyms, malls, conventions, farmers markets any where we could sale.

Pros

Uncapped commission

Cons

Driving Work life balance

Overall good experience

Fun job at times... when you are booked for events. Standing at the mall or gyms not so much. Good compensation if you meet the sales goals. Childish work culture, meetings often pointless. Many young people acting emotional and inappropriate. Good shifts=good pay.

Pros

Pay/ benefits

Cons

Childish work culture

Hellofresh

I just didn’t like the unexpected change that happened and also the team lead need to check to see if the ambassador are actually helping the new people and not just leaving them to dry.

Overworked and poor management

If you put in the time, you are able to make great money. You are overworked, and expected of a lot from the leaders. The management within this company is horrible.

Pros

good money

Cons

bad management

Miserable work life balance

I was a Brand Ambassador for Hello Fresh & it was a horrible experience. I mostly spent time in malls trying to cold approach people & make sales. You use your personal phone to sign people up & it feels extremely informal in an unprofessional way. Schedules were given days in advance & you often had multiple shifts per day, without notice. It made it impossible to plan for anything other than this work. You only get paid after a certain number of sales & the management is very unorganized. The job listing was extremely misleading & the details of the job were mostly hidden until you started.

Pros

Supportive Teammates

Cons

Inconsistent hours, poor organization, low pay, bad work/life balance

I enjoyed working for HF during my time.

I began working for HF before the covid-19 quarantine as a Brand Ambassador. It was definitely one of my most favorite jobs. My co-workers made the time pass as if we weren't really working. My particular manager was incredible. It was important to constantly work on growing not only your professional career but also you as a person. I was offered an opportunity to work also in the Customer Care department so I wouldn't be without a job once we were quarantined. The CC team is incredibly helpful and have a "whatever it takes" attitude. Not to mention, upper management consistently sent out care packages and thank you boxes to those in the CC role. I have only positive things to say about my time working for this company. I am happy I made the choice to work for HF and am thankful for everything I have learned during my time here.

If you are lazy, move on

Fun job that paid very well... If you were good at sales. High turnover because this job is not for everybody. Very easy product to sell. I worked 35hrs a week at most and got to go to cool events.

Pros

Benefits and pay

Cons

Outside sales

Great if you can sell

I really liked working at hellofresh. The brand ambassador role is mostly commission, which I prefer. If you're good you get rewarded and if you're not you move on.

Pros

great benefits, 401k

Cons

Very long days with driving

Lively Office Environment

Hours and Locations varied, but HelloFresh offered a great atmosphere to learn skills associated with sales. Worked with great employees but weekly quotas tended to drive competition/resentment between eachother.

Hello-NO

When I first got hired I was excited and had the "training" in a week, but none of my co-workers were actually helpful in giving me a helping hand and it gave issue physically and mentally. The manager was awesome and easy to talk to it's just the staff that I have work with. I don't like that in malls that I need to harass someone to buy a box if they have said no their first time there should be n reason for to walk and drag a person to a table so that they can buy the box. Also, they're liars, I told her I needed more training only to get terminated that same day.

Never apply for this role.

My mental health was at an all time low when I worked at HelloFresh. I spent most nights worried about keeping my job more than actually being able to do it well. No one will tell you beforehand that the job has a sales quota that borders the unattainable. If you do not hit your sales quota twice in a 4 week period, you are immediately fired, no questions asked. I had an office of 12, and when I left 2 months in, there was not a single person from that original staff. Do yourself a favor and never apply for this job.

Weird

Ridiculous. Your job is to annoy everyone around you and harass people at the local mall to buy your product. Must scam people and take their phones to enter info so they wont see the better prices online. "Motivational Monday" aka waste your time vision boarding like a 5 year old. Everyone is super unprofessional.

They do a great job at making you feel like you're doing a great job

Because it is a sale position they do work hard on making you feel awesome about your self for making sales. The product its self is awesome and worth while when you have the employee discount with it.

Variety in all aspects

Quality of shifts and therefor pay and sales varies widely week to week. Management is good but pay is continuing to decline. Hours and hourly pay has been cut with the expectation of getting more done

I love hellofresh

I absolutely love working for HelloFresh. The company as a whole makes you feel like family whether you’re in Tampa or Cleveland. The company is very inclusive and praises you for every small victory that you have. You are always recognized for your hard work. The commission is amazing if you work hard.

You Gotta Kiss a A** or yours is GRASS

long story short tuts is a sales position & you have to meet a quota to stay employed. they train you and provide useful tips, but the tips only successfully work if you’re role playing with a fellow coworker. you’re thrown into action the day after office orientation and you’re expected to produce numbers. lucky enough you’re given two weeks to “train” before not meeting your quota penalizes you. but penalize is a light adjective if i’m being honest. theres a 3 strike system which is self explanatory. the kicker is if you miss a week off not hitting your quota you not only get written up but your next week of events will be impossible locations to make a sale in. locations are repeated almost weekly so you and like 5 or your other coworkers could work at the same location within a week. if you enjoy being set up for failure i implore you to apply to this job

Nope

Pro would be that you have the potential to go to different expos and events for free (where you make the most money) and benefits if you work FULL time and gas reimbursement (based on full/part time status not mileage). Lot more Cons. First of all, work life balance is horrible. I found my self exhausted and lack of energy and enthusiasm to work. No set schedule means having to work insanely early in the mornings to midnight or later even. When working full time you have very little time for yourself. So if you have a family, I strongly suggest you look for a different opportunity. Second, you have to drive throughout all of phoenix and outside of Phoenix like Buckeye, Glendale or Tucson without your knowledge. They do not take into consideration where the employees live and how far the event is from their location. Sometimes events that were held down the street from me where given to another and would make me drive over an hour (not including traffic) and a half to another event. Most of the time the gas reimbursement was not close enough to even cover my gas that was spent. Next, many meetings that did not teach the employees how to make sales but instead fake scenarios that never happened on the field. They do not base promotions on people who deserve them but more on people who make the most sales thus leading to poor management. Would work long hours outside in the heat/rain and they do not accommodate you. They do not provide water or food when working over 8 or even 12 hour shifts. Finally, updates would occur on the software and no waring would be given to staff meaning -

Job is Designed for Turnover

Zero advancement opportunities. If you miss your sales goal 2 weeks in a rolling month you’re fired. Favoritism is highly prevalent with scheduling, which determines your success. Felt like a cult pushing “positivity” while they ignore any issues because it’s “negative”. They judge you openly and try to change who you are. This job will destroy your confidence. High turnover. Stay away.

Pros

Coworkers are awesome.

Cons

High Turnover. Poor Management. Unrealistic Goals. Negative Environment. Favoritism.

Fun environment

If you’re an outgoing and well spoken person this is a great job for you. Unfortunately if you don’t make quota they will fire you. Also sometimes you have to drive 30miles from where you live and then you have to drive again 30 miles to your event the next day it’ll definitely wear And tear your car.

Worst job I've ever had

I was promised I would easily make $1000 a week. I made on average this monthly. I am a very talkative person yet customers do not want to be sold to in a gym or mall, they will talk to you and then leave. The turnover in this office was twice as many people as the ones that stay on. Most of the employees are young and don't know they are being paid minimum wage or don't have a choice. This is the worst job you could have because of the amount of driving you will do. You will not be paid for any holidays, vacation or sick days. Your insurance is overpriced and does not cover anything. They use a recruiter to find people, lie to them, and then people quit because they quickly realize this job sucks, the office is a box without windows in an old run down building. They don't care about employees at all and it shows with the little money they pay you. Commissions are essentially split because you are always working with someone else so you never get more than 2 sales a week keeping you making no money. They do this on purpose so they don't have to pay because if you don't get 7 you don't get anything.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HelloFresh. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits
  • HelloFresh
  • Brand Ambassador
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?