Hankook Tire America Corporation

Hankook Tire America Corporation Employee Reviews

Great schedule office work and some areas M-F. 8 hr shifts while Production floor is a 2 2 3 schedule with 12hr shifts day and nights

Management is awful and really doesnt do anything to help situations between coworkers. Most people move up by way of picking friends and favorites not experience. Coworkers do bare minimum and no real consequences for bad workmanship. Also seems impossible to change departments unless you really suck

Unsafe work environment

Overall the job quality and safety record speak for themselves. Keep looking if you are considering this group for a career. This is not a place for long term employment

Productive, Growing

Great referral program. 90 day bonuses are amazing. Clean work environment. People such as co-workers are and shift leaders are very helpful, reliable, and care about how you are doing in work and home life. HR is awesome.

Micromanagement confusion not a fun place to work

Micromanagement confusion not a fun place to work Got a good place to work the management and leadership could use some help understanding the English and Korean understand that they are in America and that they need to abide by American laws not Korean

Pros

Hopefully the New CEO who is American will change some things

Cons

The Director of HR needs to do some Refresher training for different ethnicity

The biggest circus in town

Take your common sense and toss it in the garbage. Constant turnover in all areas of the factory. No one stays. New people with even less knowledge of the same problems that occur day in and day out. Your told “ I know it doesn’t make any sense, just do it anyways.” Repetitive low production and low morale. No one can figure out why the turnover rate is over 70%. Their philosophy is “let them quit, don’t try and retain experienced personnel, we will just hire a new person.” Sadly the reputation has reached all of Clarksville and surrounding cities. You’re better off on unemployment.

Pros

Doesn’t feel like a job. Feels like high school.

Cons

Worst job you can imagine

Constantly Hiring for a reason- not a good one... AVOID

I have to say the culture and the mindset of the leaders of this organization is some of the worst I have seen in the tire industry.The leadership of this organization will tell you one thing to your face then make excuses, or just LIE to you about why something you were told woudl happen.. wouldn't.I know a Sales Director who was relocated (at their OOP expense- then took 8 months to be repaid. Company office culture is silent and somber.... open office with no privacy. Korean culture and leaders think the Americans are just overpaid and lazy. CEOs change every couple years.. their mindset does not. It's bad when you see people at every level- sales, marketing, cust svc., planning, logistics.. and even HR... leaving constantly.

Pros

Good product, good brand image

Cons

Everything else- read review for a short glimpse

Don't even interview

Worst job I have ever had. Management doesn't have a clue, entire departments have up and left over how they treat people, can't even afford office supplies, the company doesn't care about you and it shows. I don't recommend even interviewing with the company, because they will tell you anything to get you into the door. Once you're hired the truth comes out and no one stays. They also don't enforce the CDC guidelines. Just have posters up that make it look like they do. Posters are the extent of their compliance with the CDC.

Pros

Parking downtown

Cons

Poor management, poor leadership, poor treatment of employees, extremely high turnover

Big promises...small follow through

This is not a great place to work. I did get promoted, but when it came time for my next promotion to salary; I got shafted. I was told I gave one of the best interviews they've had and was the only person that qualified. Then, it was explained why I wouldn't get the Group Leader position. There were a lot of pointless platitudes, but ultimately I got the big F You for my years of service. I actually invented a process on 2 machines to save both time and money that they use to this day without so much as a thank you or good job. I do not recommend working here.

Nice Environment

HR is mostly the problem at Hankook Tire. HR is very bias and demonstrates a unfair advantage over Management and hourly associates. The inconsistency in firing practices is shown distinctively over and over. The lack of professionalism and understanding is a problem. The bias and disconnect has to be addressed. Alot of good employees were terminated because of this. I suggest some type of arbitrary before termination is final to take power out of HR total control.

Pros

Environment great

Cons

Training

Easy 12 hours

Easy jobs easy money. Easy training and days work in favor for days off. Schedule is 6 to 6 and the schedule works well for most people. Calendaring and cutting section of the factory was nice and job was easy.

Pros

Good work schedule

Cons

HR could be better

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hankook Tire America Corporation?

Workplace environment

Upper management does not have a clue how businesses work. The HR department is not helpful. Safety is put to the side. Respect & morale are very low. Overall I give it 1 star. I have been working at factories for 30 years. I do not job hop, but stay away from this place.

Pros

Cons

Management Suck, HR is no help

Productive and fun

Great training, productive staff, and opportunities for cross training plus many ways to advance and grow within the company. Multiple shifts and on site restaurant

Pros

Great staff

Cons

Long walk to building from security desk

Poor or no training

Hankook has systemic problems. Poor Safety Culture. Poor Training, Poor Leadership . Revolving Door, they hire people every week , most of them quit or don't show back up to work

Benefits

Cons

Management is poor

Good job good benefits

It's a good paying job for the area. Maintenance pays competing wages compare to other plants in the area. The benefits are decent and not too expensive.

Pros

Tire discount

Cons

Communication

Good benefits

Benefits are good. Hours not so great. 15 days on and 15 days off but still messes up your sleep and family life if you have a family life. Mandatory overtime wrecks plans.

hard work

is a good place to start. Benefits are good but management could be better is hard work but you're able to do overtime if want insurance is good but not enough breaks for work 12 hours.

Pros

health insurance decent pay

Cons

long hours poor management

Ok place

Go to work, do your job and then go home. There's a big flow of new hires weekly, there's need of new management and rules that only few likes to follow.

Bad management

Bad management ,low pay. The moral is down..We get absentee point's for taking sick days. As a line leader there is no support from the supervisors and human resources doesn't do anything about it.

Good place to work for the most part.

If you love overtime then this is the place for you. They will have you on mandatory overtime for months, and they do not care about your outside life. The pay is good though. HR sucks along with most of the supervisors.

Pros

Over time, good benefits.

Cons

Hr, breaks, lunches, 12 hour shift, hard time going from nights to days.

No chance at advancing your career.

Wrong People in Management at EVERY LEVEL. Good ole boy dictatorship. You must be from WEST TN, old Goodyear plants to get a decent position. Losers work here

Pros

Cons

Short breaks, 1mile walk from car to building. No advancement options

Pay is good. Environment is horrible.

Koreans have a completely different work ethic than Americans. They expect you to even act busy when there is nothing broken down. Be on your feet at all times. You are being watched on the million cameras they have in and around the plant.The rules change daily. Attendance policy changes daily. Koreans are rude. They will physically nudge you out of their way. Communication is difficult with them. If you don’t understand them, they will blow you off. They think we are low skilled. Not only are you to keep the machines working with very few parts in stores, you are expected to be janitors, building maintenance, and clean up others messes. Most here are in fear of being fired. Mechanics get fired for the actions of others. Supervisors will not back you up. Lots of backstabbing!Safety is not a big concern with the Koreans. Must watch out for yourself.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Koreans

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hankook Tire America Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits
  • Hankook Tire America Corporation
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?