Graphic Packaging International

Graphic Packaging International Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,336 reviews

Okay Pay, HR and Management lack compassion

Okay place to work, co workers are like family but management and HR can treat you like your way beneath them and have no problem firing you for any mistakes.

Long hrs low pay

Forced to work overtime all the time pay is not competitive in e&i areapoor poor management would not recommend Lot of work is being contracted outInternational paper was bad but this company is terribleVery anti union

Employees are disposable

Horrible place to work. no work life balance. treated like property. no real avenue for advancement. will not give one inch for any thing you value. and over all just mean to the carton employees. mostly the same in the mill side.

Pros

money

Cons

living your life to serve them

No work life balance

If you love mandatory overtime working weekends up to 72 hours a week this is the place for you unless you are in management they laugh at you while the are home early and weekends with their families

Fast paced

Long hours. 12hr shifts with only 20 min breaks. Management is ok most the time. Pay could be better for the work. Some of the jobs suck really bad and are back breaking

The Pro's/Con's

The 2-day orientation was great but everything you learn there is not being followed on the production floor. People are wearing nail polish, rings, watches, bringing cell phones and headsets for music. Management is usually a no show on the production floor, they should be out looking at the quality and asking questions with employees. Supervisor's are hard to find as well. If you are on a line and see quality flaws, the operator's get mad when you stop a machine plus there is usually NO communication between the operator's and the line people so you really don't know what's going on. If you have questions about something and you address those questions to a supervisor or HR, you will be told, "I don't know." I liked alot of the people there and then there were some that were so rude and disrespectful.

Vice presidents are narcissistic individuals

Make sure you are a ‘yes’ man that does not have a voice of your own. Then you will go far. That is the way to be a “on cast” type good little lemming.

This company dose not honor its union guidelines

I worked as a material handler on a mode shift 2 days on 2 days off 3 day weekend. The worked me 7 days a week for 12 hours. It clearly states in the union guide that they have to give you 2 days off after 60 hours. This was done to me on numerous occasions. They force ot on the employee then pound them points for calling out on days they shouldn't be scheduled on. I'm speaking about the Phoenixville location. Also hr gives 0 aid to 3rd shift employee's.You have to see them at the end of your shift no matter what the visit is for you are greeted as if you are a bother. This company dose not care about the quality of the employee's lives multiple employee have had crashes on the way home from work from fatigue of being forced to work 60 plus hours.

Cons

No home life, Hr has no interest in needs of 3rd shift employees.

Use to be a great company, but has gone downhill.

You will love what you do, just not who you do it for. Hard to advance in the company. Your hard work does not pay off, while others will work slow and milk the company. Issues that are brought up are rarely dealt with, and sometimes turned back onto you.

Pros

Benefits, Co-workers

Cons

Pay, Management, Hr, Communication, leadership, Advancement, work/life balance

Management sucks!!!

This place is the worst ever to work for. They care about the no count employees and less about the ones who actually do their job. Go flip burgers before going here.

Decent place to work but mill is nasty and littered with debris.

Decent pay and benefits. We work a lot of overtime to make up for lower pay. Management talks a good game about safety but that's it. Communication is poor and so is planning for outages. Pay is lower than average but there are hopes for a wage adjustment (dangling carrot).

Great easy work, but can be challenging sometimes

This warehouse is fairly straightforward and easy to work at, one downside is the management. Scheduling could definitely be improved and overtime should definitely be reworked. This job will require you to work 12 hours on most weekends and weekdays. The management definitely needs some improvements, but overall it’s a decent job.

Pros

Paid lunch, paid holiday, vacations

Cons

Short breaks, low PSL allowance, scheduling, attendance points.

You are never without a task.

My experience is not a pleasant one. The cons far outweigh the pros, unfortunately. Micro-managing at a very high level. Open door policy only applies to those that are in the favorites. Otherwise, certain issues that are addressed/confronted were scoffed and laughed at. The schedule does not leave much for a fair work/life balance. Even before the short staff issues, the overtime was never ending. The job training is highly laughable at best. Management turns a blind eye to task problems but demand answers to the shortcomings of incomplete responsibilities. Nothing is taken seriously. Job related fatigue and injuries were rising. I was escorted off the premise to a "mishap that involved damage to company property" although the evidence did not support the claim. I could drone on about why not to apply here, but it would overkill.Pros: some co-workers were pleasant to work with. The company does promote within itself before hiring outside assistance. Pay is competitive for the area.I did like my position at first. But after awhile, it became too demanding for 1 person. The stress and unappreciation from the department management is like a rusty car. Sure it will get you where you need to go, but eventually it will eat away the progress. Hope this helps.

Pros

Competitive pay and internal promotions

Cons

Too many to list, sorry.

Transport office

Do not trust anyone there they stab you in the back if they don’t like someone they just get rid of you after 2 years and make lies upWould not recommend this place for anyone

Great place to make money

There are tons of Graphic Packaging Incs all around the country so moving is never an issue. I started as an inspector and am currently a trainer. Hours are longer in some departments 7am to 7pm and vice versa. There are a few 8 hour shift jobs. Be prepared to be HOT in the summer. I have witnessed 2 people go out in an ambulance from heat exhaustion. The work itself is easy, sometimes tedious, but the pay is fair. They do mandate overtime but you are guaranteed 2 days off a week

Pros

Breaks every 2 hours, benefits, relaxed environment

Cons

They treat everyone as if they are replaceable. You can point out very easily even during a crisis

Read me

Worst job I've ever had. Fired for doing the proper call in procedures and having a doctor's note. The next day I went in and they told me to leave. Very disappointing and disrespectful management and HR. Money is okay. The good paycheck is due to working non stop. If you got under a shut down you'll see what I mean. They have no ac or openings in the paper department either. Keep in mind the boiler in there is HOT. You are at heat stroke levels daily out there lol. Wouldn't recommend this job either. Perfect for singles and people who have no life! Good luck

Plan on living at the mill and being unappreciated

No home work life balance. No off days and last minute forced overtime. Pay is OK, but for all of the negatives it's not worth it. Management has always been terrible and now with Graphic it's even worse. They blame every upset on operator's and give no respect. Lots of back stabbing out here. Planning on quitting soon.... I give up.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Work every day round the clock, terrible management, back stabbing

Absolute nightmare

This place is horrible and is a constant struggle. First, most employees are on the grandfathered scale and other employees on the new scale that causes a great divide. There are multiple departments like paper machine and C/A, and Power and it’s nothing more but a gossip mill amongst guys, competitive and every body in your department is coming for your job

The employees look out for one another.

Pay is good, you are never guaranteed your off days. There is a 15 hour notice rule where they can call you in on your off days. If you don't show it's a blue card....so many of those and your fired. The company has no problem running the place short staffed. They would rather pay someone overtime than hire people. We stay understaffed, or at least for the past 10 years.

Growing Company unable to identify talent

Management is clueless about the goings on in the plant. either incapable of simply don't want to know. People are overworked due to the plant Manager's indecision.

Poor employer

Management and HR are very inconsiderate about employees. They have a GOD complex. They preach about safety then stay on you about production. One accident and youre fired, regardless if youre on workmans comp or not for an injury. Poor communication. 12 hr shifts and will force you to stay over 4 hrs if your relief calls in, then preach about safety. Always calking you in to work on days off, even scheduling you to work on your days off. Very hot. No breaks including lunch, unless you can do it while working. Corp needs to come revamp entire management team.

Pros

Cons

Management, Hr, breaks, training, Safety program, Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Graphic Packaging International. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits