Goodwill Industries

Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews

Showing all 17,666 reviews

Productive and fun place to work can be a little overwhelmed.

Loved working at Goodwill and how you can do a little of everything. The only part is that they would make you do Team leader stuff paying you the same as you start.

Don’t work here they treat you like garbage.

Everyone quits first few days. They treat u like garbage and care nothing about how hard you work. It’s a horrible place and they are money hungry and help no one.

Pros

A job

Cons

Worthless

Nice environment

Awesome love everyone who was there. I love working there but pay could have been better. typical day at workwhat you learnedmanagementworkplace culturethe hardest part of the jobthe most enjoyable part of the job

I have no complaints. I was paid on time and the companies I worked for through them were great. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone.

Fun & energetic co-workers, steady labor, quickfast opportunities for growth

I loved working at Goodwill Industries, despite the "criminal element." (This is a trend of off-setting, distorting, fabricating, and maladjusting my personal info and account records, due to quicker-resource to our account records, and misjudging me

Fun place

Good job that helped me through rough times. I was able to connect with people and enjoyed my time at goodwill. It was fun job that left me a lot of good experience for my future

Pros

Good working environment

Productive and fun place to work

I had a great experience with the company. The staff were easy going and management received a lot of support from the Corporate Office. Overall, pretty good.

Productive and fun place to work

I came to Goodwill as an entry level cashier. The management team guided me in the proper ways to perform my job duties and more. Opportunities for advancement are there for the if you have the desire to grow with the company. That has been my experience. The benefit package is fabulous. Vacation time, personal holidays, medical and vision benefits, and more. Much more than I expect from such an industry. Goodwill cares about its people. Overtime is paid for folks who work over 40 hours in a week. We are paid to attend mandatory meetings once a month. The culture at Goodwill is awesome. A lot of people with a lot of different beliefs working together to create opportunities that change lives and strengthen communities.

Pros

Job security, benefit package, paid vacation and personal holidays

Cons

None for me.

Fun work place

Working here was an awesome experience. I love how they really help people that are in need of certain items at a low price. Goodwill has been a great place to work.

Bad management.

Manager will leave you to do your work alone and sit in the office the whole shift. Will not help at all. You will be blamed for mistakes that other employees will make. The manager and assistant manager will talk bad about you while standing in the back of the store, making sure you and the costumers hear them. You will feel unsafe and neglected the entire time you work here. Needs new management. Don't work here.

Rude and unprofessional

I started off good and later on over months they started to be disrespectful to not just me but all workers. They would lie and make me look bad in front of customers by yelling at me for my clothes even though I am fully converted and had an apron on. I put my two week notice in and they tried bribing me to stay but how bad it is I most likely wasn’t getting a raise. They lied about the pay when I applied said I would be payed 14 I was being paid 9 or 10 at most. Overall not a good place to work I had quit and went to a new job and the managers from goodwill would come in and watch me at least 4 days out of the week and I heard around when I went shopping at goodwill that everyone knew where I worked and how they talked bad about me. I did nothing but do my job and be respectful I just had enough.

meh

Workint at goodwill has been very meteocre, management on power trips mixed with some nasty customers makes the experience somewhat dull. Lots of fun with the nice people though!

Transforming pain through the power of charity.

No respect , integrity , customer service , accountability or transparency. Be careful when working this company. Very painful working there. Currently in therapy from the amount of incompetence I experienced there. Good luck.

Productive and fun work environment

The atmosphere and people make it a fun job experience .off on weekends is a plus as well. Pay depending on experience and length of employment vary but usually starts at $12.

Pros

Free gift cards and monthly bus passes

Cons

Short breaks and lunch

They say they are working for the disabled, but they don't really want the disabled to actually work there.

Lots of back biting and in-fighting. If you are a key holder, be careful because someone else wants your job and will sabatoge you. Assistant manager is not a good person.

Do not work here

The production department are underpaid. They are the ones who work hard still from sorting, tagging and taking out products to sales floor and assisting costumers.

Underappreciated

When u work here u pretty much r just another number to these people. They only look at the numbers and your individual work production percentages. Even if u where to handle 30 donations in a single shift, they want to know what it was u where really doing... Taking donations! Bag by bag, into the building and then sorting them into categories.

Learn customer service skills

The company was pretty good at first. At the start of 2022 things got bad. Employees were being forced to work and told to leave their other responsibilities because their job at goodwill was more important. At one point everyone got sick from covid and one female staff member was forced to work non stop. They dont care about staff and especially their safety. This place gets a lot of unsafe people. As for the good. The old manager was flexible and scheduled the staff around their school schedules so it WAS a flexible job. The job helps teach you about dealing with difficult people and helps build entrepreneur skills.

Productive and mostly fun place to work at

Overall working at goodwill was fun most of the time. Getting to know the customers was my favorite thing about going to work everyday. As long as you constantly stayed busy, and didn’t really socialize with the majority of your co-workers you had it made. I enjoyed working there for the most part.

Pros

Wonderful customers, fast-paced environment, good break times

Cons

Certain Co-workers trying to start trouble constantly, when donations have smelly or dirty items in them, pay period, amount of pay

Great Customer Service and helping the community ability

Working at Goodwill was wonderful. I never ran out of work to do, and I loved assisting others with their wants and needs. I learned how to perform inventory, give back to the community, I learned great people skills, and tons about merchandise, I also, learned how to utilize the register and be professional. I loved mt boss and he was very consistent in his daily tasks. There was not really any hard parts of the job for me. My most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and greeting customers, and taking donations from customers.

Pros

Good Benefits, great working team

Cons

Payrate

work on hardest things and dealing a lot of people

working at goodwill was good meeting new people for the first but they're throw me the warehouse section and exhausted me and having give people receipt/ asking the people to donate money

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Goodwill Industries. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits
  • Goodwill Industries
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?