goFLUENT

goFLUENT Employee Reviews

Philippines15 reviews

Diverse, challenge-oriented tasks geared toward professional growth

Working at goFLUENT has been quite a learning experience. Every task requires you to challenge yourself by learning new ideas, processes and strategies. Sometimes there is not enough time in a single workday to accomplish all the tasks. My interpersonal skills have been honed due to constant interaction with special emphasis on TEAMWORK. The most enjoyable part of my job is the familial work environment.

Pros

Open door policy. Very easy to approach and communicate with people and upper management.

Cons

Sometimes too many tasks to accomplish in 1 workday.

The management especially the finance leadership is a disaster

Left the company because of a bad leadership in finance. The finance department is a disaster, led by a so called "CFO" who has no knowledge in finance and accounting. The worse is that he back bites his own employees, such an immature boss. The upper management has to take a look at the finance otherwise employees will just keep on leaving

Pros

have met a few friends

Cons

Bad boss in finance

A company that bets on who you really are

What strikes me at goFLUENT is how people are put in their best condition to deliver the best of themselves.People need to feel safe and be who they are to strive in this organization. Playing a role, playing politics can't work here.Genuine behavior is encouraged and actually predicts success at goFLUENT.People are fun, but when it is time to work, then everyone is committed to deliver their best. After work dinners or gatherings are essential also in the friendship that colleagues develop with each other. The hardest part of the job is that the company keeps growing and everyone must catch up.I learned here that an organization can mix ambition in terms of performance and kindness in terms of relationship to reach success.

Pros

People are encourage to leave their confort zone in order to learn, therefore to grow. The company cannot grow if the employees don't.

Cons

All teams from all countries are somewhat connected, from Mexico city to Tokyo. Which can be a challenge sometimes in terms of timezone management.

Fun workplace with good people to work with

goFLUENT is a nice place to conduct OJT. People are nice especially the managers/supervisors. All of them will treat you fairly like you are actually one of their official employees.

Pros

Free drinks

Cons

Inconvenient travel time

Easy to talk to managers, good working environment

They offer flexible working hours. Salary package was competent. The entire work environment was pleasant. Managers were considerate and they allow employees to work according to their paceqas long as they achieve daily goals.

Sweatshop

They claim to have a method of teaching English but it is actually a form of marketing that taxes and stresses both the trainer and learner. The metrics are vague and change nearly every year. The sampling size of their QA is so small as to be insignificant. And yet they use this to determine the bonuses of the trainers.

Career Development Opportunities

My main critique of goFLUENT is it does not provide ample opportunities for career advancement. Furthermore, it also does not actively invest in professional development training for its employees.

Average employer

Flexible time. Employees go to work 10 am so waking up early in the morning will not be a problem. Great environment, easy access to PUVs if you're going to commute.

Pros

Flexible time

Cons

There's plenty of stuff to do and improve, but the higher management needs to set their priorities straight

You get to wear casual clothes in the office. It also seems fun because there HR Events like Halloween and different freebies on certain days. Whenever the CEO comes over to visit, he treats the employees to booze on his last night in the country. But don't let that fool you. Benefits and pay are on the lower end of the scale. The HMO budget was even slashed a year after they tried a good healthcare provider. Also, management is having trouble keeping their employees due to the lack of salary increases and career growth.

Pros

Casual Wear, Office Events

Cons

Demotivated Employees, Low Salary, Outdated Technology

The Management itself is a disaster

Having colleagues who will definitely stab you in the back is the worst, spreading rumors and false information about you, and of course a very demanding manager plus poor and very low salary.

Awesome students

Students are awesome. Loved having lessons with them. I learned a lot about their cultures. Lessons were straight to the point. They valued grammar more than fluency which is not advisable for ESL. They use a methodology that is not effective; leveling that is not referenced to any international leveling body.

Pros

good pay

Cons

terrible management

Working while having fun with learners/students

Being a Business English Trainer, I had the chance to talk to executives from different companies in Europe. While we help them hone their Business English skills, we also learn from our students who are doctors, scientists, CEOs/CFOs/CIOs, and other big executives of companies in France, Italy, Germany, Spain, and other European countries. Even though it was not so rewarding compensation-wise, getting to talk to these learners is a rewarding experience in itself. It can be quite difficult during the peak season when a lot of students book lessons but that's when it is quite financially rewarding for us. I love the workplace culture as the company only hires people who have broad experience in the field, so I learned so much from my colleagues, too. I enjoyed working at GoFluent as it helped me reach my potential, it has always been flexible when it comes to sick and vacation leaves, hence, they try to achieve a work-life balance among its employees.

Pros

Healthcare, Life insurance, Paid leaves, Team building activities

Cons

Compensation package not too rewarding

Salary is good

Salary is good, management is okay, you should know how to work under pressure, It's a good place but if you're looking for career advancement, this is not the best place to be.

Engaging and Interesting Learners

On a typical day, I can speak with different kinds of professionals like engineers, managers, scientists etc from Europe and some Asian countries. We conduct conversational lessons to improve the fluency of the learners. The hardest part of the job is the lesson load - I sometimes have only three 15-minute breaks and one 1-hr break for the whole day. The standards are also quite difficult to meet. The most enjoyable part of the job is the different type of people I meet.

Pros

top of the line clients, good medical benefits, a lot of vacation days

Cons

no job security, no salary increase

Fun Workplace

Typically, the workday begins by knowing the specific things to do for the day with regards to the code base. After which, development or debugging may ensue in order to maintain the stability of the system. New features are added as requested by the client.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at goFLUENT. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits

Learn about goFLUENT in popular locations

• goFLUENT
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?