Georgia-Pacific

Georgia-Pacific Employee Reviews

Showing all 3,588 reviews

Unorganized management/ slow pay

It’s not the same like it used to be years ago. They now have two separate contacts. For any employee that hired after the year of 2016 will NOT get the same pay as the previous employees that were employed before 2016 even if they working the same position . That’s one of the reason they have a high turn-over rate and the list goes on

Okay but favored employees

It would have been an okay job if the night supervisor didn't overreact and fire me on my second night over 5 minutes late on my break. Everything happens for a reason though.

Very friendly environment to work

I worked well at the Zachary facility After the mill wide layoff I transferred to the Monticello facility. The manager there wasn’t fair to me after I had a heat stroke. So when I was rehired at the Zachary plant I was happy again for fours days until I got word that I abandoned the Monticello plant. Which wasn’t true, I never gotten over my heat stroke. I told the manager that I needed time off..

Good Union Job

Warehouse hours were crazy but the employees have good attitudes and the benefits and upper management treatment or even better. Definitely a good job to keep.

Ok place to work

It's ok it very hot in summer and colder in winter, mandatory overtime overworked at time pay if okay for the most part but you can make a great career

Very high paced environment, dangerous

Life at Georgia-Pacific is what you make of it. There is plenty of room for advancement due to the super high turnover rate! Be ready to work 12hrs full

Positive

There is always room for improvement, I hope that the trajectory is toward that. I truly believe this company wants to make a positive difference in the lives of their employees and the business as a whole. Emphasis on learning and growth, I have had a very positive experience at this job.

Great Business Model, Except They Don't Follow It At Plant Level

There were great people that worked at Georgia-Pacific, but also a lot of terrible people. Most of the bad ones were in management roles and could care less about you as a person. They just want the job done and not to hear anything else about it. Only way to get promoted was to be buddies with the bosses boss, because the plant manager had little to no say in who got promotions. MBM is a great business model and could really make a difference, except at the plant levels they completely ignore it.

Friendly environment

The friendly environment feels like family and the pay is great in the beginning the training is good as well the 3-2 schedules is good I would tell anyone to work there

Family

Working for GP is like working with extended family. I really enjoy going to work. They crews I work with are well trained and work well together. It is great to be part of a team that works well together.

its an okay place to work

been here about a month now. its a good check but having to do the same thing over an over again can get old very fast. standing in one spot can get old very fast

its a mill job

Work hard and you can move up within the companyDown side is during the summer it is very hot, so if you dont like getting all hot and sweaty in the summer months your gonna be in for a rough time.

Okay place to work

Good place to work if you like to be micro managed and underpaid. The employees are all nice people and make it fun to go to work. Management is the problem.

it was ok

Union workforce so your opinion may very depending on the assigned crew. Some leads care, some sleep all shift. Fortunately, mine was a good dude. Co-workers complain quite often because laziness has no consequence. Managers only care about production numbers. Equipment was outdated, and constantly causing issues that would get the crew behind. Union was not strong, which leads to massive layoffs, benefits cut, and bad agreements. rotating shifts were a pain. my advice is to find something better if you have a family, but if you like working your life away with little advancement, this is the place for you.

Pros

ok pay, sometimes free lunch.

Cons

owned by the koch brothers

Dixie is a good place to work. Easy work most of the time benefits are ok. Management is most good but it is according which dept you are in. Show up and do your job nobody bothers you. Money is good if you move in in levels.

Very bad management

This the this gp plant I have worked at this plant has the worst management I have ever seen in my 40 yes of working. This plant could be so much better under the right leadership if u not buddies with the boss the look out hard to believe they keep people like this when they should want better I would not recommend this plant to anyone in the process now of trying to get transferred but it keeps getting stopped

Great Company

Gear culture and work atmosphere. They ask for a minimum of 50 hrs/week for salaried employees. Only issue is they don’t do performance reviews and salary reviews are optional. Several colleagues have gone 5+ years with out a cost of living raise

Assistance operator you need working hard the operator he take easy looking you work hard

I not recommend this company one week vacation for 2 years & 3 years you get 2 no pay personal day ,not pay pto or sick day, for you get pay you need work your hours to get pay nothing free in here and and the union not good the union is the same employee 🤮🤮 they not pay union other employee yes they have to pay union mandatory

Productive Company but underpaid

GP started out as a good company but Management constantly changes. Company does not care about employees but wants you to live by their company based principles. Work day consists of Long hours while being underpaid. Colleagues and supervisors does not take responsibility of their actions and love to play the blame game. If you like to be a cut throat just to make it to the top.This is the company for you.

Endless Work

Endless work to no avail. A lot of babysitting up the ladder and bottom rung. The work life balance sucks if you are not salary and the pay is ok if you live off grid.

The job isn't bad, the management is

It's just frustrating. The pay is okay, but they sure didn't help us with inflation. They let you work OT, but you shouldn't need to. The job itself is fine, but management is lacking. They don't care about the people on the floor. They only pretend to care about safety. Upkeep on equipment is abysmal, and when things fail it's always "operator error". When corporate comes by and talks to the people working the jobs you better believe management is vetting who gets too speak to them. The medical is mediocre. Actually the dental isn't bad. As soon as possible I would love to quit.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Georgia-Pacific. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits