Gardenia Bakeries (Phils.) Inc.

Gardenia Bakeries (Phils.) Inc. Employee Reviews for Quality Assurance Analyst

Quality Assurance Analyst3 reviews
Philippines3 reviews
Salary / Benefits
As Quality Assurance Officer my typical day at work depends on what shift you are because we have three shifts a day and it changes every week. My body clock changes every week and its manageable. I always see my work positively. I enjoyed every part of the process that I handle. One thing that amazed me while working there is that the company will push you to the limit and will bring out the best in you at work. I was trained hands on- from start to finish of the production. From the receiving of raw materials,quality checking,in line process,documentation,sensory evaluation was taught and being practiced everyday. I was then given privilege of attending seminars and lectures about HACCP,GMP,ISO Certification,Sensory Evaluation and other related topic that will help us to learn more about our profession at work. I was then blessed by good co workers and bosses that mold me to be the best of what i do though there are some who tried to pull me down but I don't mind as long as I do my job and nobody is harmed I'm good. I think the best part of my job is that I was able to exert and use my everyday learning wisely and I'm happy.
Pros
free lunch and transportation
Cons
shifting hours
Production area is hot.
You'll learn the right documentation and in-line process checking. Pressure at co-workers because they laughed at your errors
Pros
Free meal
Cons
10 mins break
Salary / Benefits
Working in a shifting schedule with the duration of 8 hours, my day at work starts with preparation of whole day's task schedule. If I'm working on receiving and analysis of raw materials, calibration of all laboratory equipments are done first, followed by water analysis ans preparation of samples for pending analysis. If a raw material is ready at the receiving area for inspection and sampling, I proceed there as necessitated. In process products are also analyzed as brought at the lab by in-line monitoring QA personnel. From time to time, coworkers at the lab would come for short chit chats during which information and samples and brought in the lab regarding any other materials which needs to be analyzed. If it is audit week, we conduct inter-department audits - SSOP and IQA. The supervisors, usually come in at 8 in the morning and we conduct short reporting of the condition of the posts (that is line/production or receiving and analysis of raw materials) where we are working. And then when everything is done and finished (which sometimes requires rendering of overtime especially when there's lack of employees due to absences/vacation leave) we write our endorsements for the next shift QA, clean our post/workplace and bid everyone a good day. The hardest of the job I may say would be lack of employees which requires us to frequently render last minute overtimes, cutting off our personal plans. The best part of the job is apart from daily professional fulfillment is the people I work with, friends I made in the past 3 years, all of whom I will never forget. Those little talks - more...
Pros
free lunches and shuttle service
Cons
long work hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Gardenia Bakeries (Phils.) Inc.?