Fluor Corp.

Fluor Corp. Employee Reviews for Piping Designer

Piping Designer21 reviews
Philippines21 reviews
Salary / Benefits
For the years that I've been working in Fluor. I was happy working in fluor. I learned a lot with regards of piping designed, they offer some trainings to make us more competitive.
Salary / Benefits
Start the day reading and reply emails, short meeting regarding work progress and work priorities. Continue routine work as assigned.
Learned that communication is very important. Small details need not to ignored and ask and clarify if something cannot understand.

Management is not perfect but its good.

Good working condition and culture. There is teamwork.

The hardest part of the job is during 85-90%completion where problems arises.

Most enjoyable when you met the deliverable dates and received rewards.
Salary / Benefits
The workplace makes you feel intimidated cause people i see always do their work professionally. Fluor does really have their own system on everything. Salute!
Salary / Benefits
This company really have work, life and balance. They made sure that the employees don't just work but also enjoy. The have so many sports fest and competitions among employees and other companies. Amnbiance is good and time is not a big issue. Just make sure to deliver the deliverables on due time.
Pros
Flexi-time, free trainigs, sports fest
Salary / Benefits
Graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering and Enrolled units from Masters of Engineering. With two (2) years experience as a Piping Designer and Safety Officer in the Piping Department of Fluor Daniel Inc., Philippines. Has acquired basic knowledge in Piping such as knowing the different types of fittings, valves, flanges, and has familiarized with the kinds of equipment being used in a plant such as pumps, vessels, towers and the like. Also has learned how to prepare isometric piping sketches. Has acquired knowledge in using SP3D, Smart Sketch, SPR, and PDS software. Received Competent Communicator Award from Toastmasters International. Serves a Resource Speaker in different organization that tackles about Piping Design, Stress, Material Engineering and Career Orientation. Teamplayer and able to work under pressure
Salary / Benefits
a typical day like on any corporate engineering firms usually starts on reading emails, covering priorities and tasks to be done beforehand.
then it will be followed by a team meeting, discussing how to approach, deal and execute the tasks required by the client.

working at Fluor will teach someone to deal and approach work-related things gradually. Some may find it slow, but the benefits of this approach is one will grow a specialist on that job duty, preparing him for a higher responsibility later in his tenure. Aside from offering in-house trainings, senior colleagues are willing to share their knowledge about the company's vision and mission, engineering and work related standards, uphold quality of work, efficiency and having a work/life balance lifestyle.
Pros
company events (Year-end party, anniversary, etc.)
Cons
stress is high during peak period, office politics
Salary / Benefits
A positive workplace consist of employees who enjoy and are passionate about their work and who exhibit both personal and professional pride in the products and services they provide to customers. Employees look forward to coming to work each day and interact with coworkers in a collaborative and collegial manner to create a positive workplace. Management has an enthusiastic approach towards work to better moptivate employees.
Salary / Benefits
thumbs up! very conducive workplace. very educational working with highly standard expert professionals. learn how to be very keen with details and collaborate with other disciplines/departments
Pros
Friday off, lot of benefits
Cons
no free uniform
Flexible Time
Good salary package

Good working environment

Advance tools in Engineering and design

Provide training for career growth

Benefits is satisfactory
Pros
Flexible Time
Salary / Benefits
good company for acquiring knowledge. Working place is organized.
Work/Life Balance is observed. Sportsfest is conducted every year to lessen stress on work loads.
Pros
free learning sessions
Cons
unpaid trainings
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Fluor Corp.?
Salary / Benefits
People around you are all smiling and full of energy even in a stressful day like monday and friday. Supervisors and leads are all easy to ask.
Pros
Free shuttle
Salary / Benefits
My job responsibility was more on project management. It helps me develop self confidence and public speaking. I learned a lot about time management and planning. I become closer with my colleagues since I have to closely coordinate with them.
Pros
Free Lunches, Free Seminars
Salary / Benefits
Work-Life balance is indeed a great place to go.
Career wise, there is so much at stake before you are promoted.

You will experience different kinds of people and you have to deal with them everyday.
Salary / Benefits
Working with the team and other disciplines to have a good design lay-out. I have learned a lot from this company, improved my technical skills and gained more knowledge about piping.
Salary / Benefits
- Great place to work, good camaraderie, one Fluor mindset, good leaders, promotes life work balance.

- Develops young talents, prospects, and interested employees.

- Lends a helping hand towards the community.
Salary / Benefits
I can that it is a fun workplace because in our daily stress work we shared ideas, the team work is there and we help each other. sometimes we had happy time or bonding together outside work esp. when we meet our quota.
Salary / Benefits
Everyday is sharing of knowledge and helping each other. I have learned a lot in this company especially in design and I learned many engineering software using in design. Management is fair to all employees they make sure everyone is all equal. The hardest part of the job was when I'm starting in design because I don't have experienced that time in design so I need to adjust little by little especially in using engineering design software or applications.. The most enjoyable part was when I started to appreciate what I'm doing and I understand the step by step procedure how to design.
Pros
Most of the employees are …
Cons
The longer time for an employee to obtain a permanent or regular status makes some employees sick.
Salary / Benefits
I work here for just a year. There is more to learn from here. However, the company has also been affected by the global recession which would possibly be ending on laying off personnel.
We deeply hope that the oil industry will soon rise up as our job and family will be affected being a jobless (hopefully not soon).
Salary / Benefits
The company regularly provides continuous internal trainings that better enhanced our capability to do our job.
Rewards employees of our exemplary contributions like finishing deliverables ahead.

The company is one of the top EPC companies.
Pros
Transportation allowance, free meals, snacks, bonuses
Cons
extend free overtime hours to finish deliverables
Salary / Benefits
Fluor Daniel Phils is a very good place for working. Everybody work as a team and everybody is very accomodation. I recommend this company.

There are a lots of training that could help your career.
Pros
good compensation
Salary / Benefits
I work as a Piping Engineer at Fluor. My current project is Suncor, it is a SAGD (Steam-Assisted Gravity Drainage) project that extracts Bitumen underneath the surface of the earth. It is a modular concept that transports modules to the site, per area, to build a plant. The management is remarkable, but the hardest part of the job is the low compensation. I'm about to start a family & just couldn't receive enough financial aid from Fluor. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I NEVER STOP LEARNING. New challenges, new achievements, new SUCCESS.
Pros
Lunch & Learn, observe Value Awareness, Safety & Zero Accidents
Benefits