Fluor Corp.

Fluor Corp. Employee Reviews for Design Engineer

Design Engineer10 reviews
Philippines10 reviews
Salary / Benefits
- Needs to be focus, productive, on schedule for each deliverables as per planned.
- Learned the following, Procedures, Specifications, Project schedules, Planning, Targets dates, Engineering and Design aspects as per project requirements.

- Where everyone works as a team, same mindset to finish the job.
Salary / Benefits
Enjoy working & comfortable with complete facilities. I learned more related to Oil & Gas & Petrochemical Industries. Management is excellent. Workplace culture is interesting and challenging. Hardest Part of the job when insufficient references are not available.
Most enjoyable part of the job when all references are available & finished ahead of schedule.
Salary / Benefits
Great Company , promotes work life balance among its employees.
They support employees on personal development has a competitive salary package.

The downside is Job Stability.
Pros
Great Company-Promote Work Life Balance, Competitive Salary
Cons
Job Stability
Salary / Benefits
Difficult part of the new office is that most of the employees are young and are pioneers. They were made to fill in the role as project leads, which normally led to struggles at work. When I joined the company I realized that Fluor's approach to work or how they do things is different from its competitor either local or abroad. This is why most incomers or new hires undergo hard adjustments plus with young leaders, it made it more difficult as their guidance to the ways of Fluor oftentimes led to doubt.

To learn fast and be recognized for regular employment here, one will need to be exploited, a willing victim. A victim of ones own interest. Sometimes this led me to question my knowledge about fairness. The people who will rate you for regular employment are the very ones who got their regular employment due to their being pioneers. So much for empathy I should say but I guess business is business.

The company also encourages their employees to participate in the yearly non work activities. I was not active in participating those activities so I cant comment about it. I would have joined some of it if only I had luxury of time.

With regards to work, my advice is, it is only difficult when coordination is not efficient. But to coordinate efficiently, one would have to be knowledgeable of the work itself.

Overall, it is the best company. All I mentioned above are just temporary as the office continues to grow and is undoubtedly also getting better.
Pros
aside from the cons below and my review, everything else is ok
Cons
No job security during recessions
Salary / Benefits
One of the best company. People here with different ethnicity work together to provide the best and quality engineering service in Oil and Gas, Chemical and Power Industry.
Salary / Benefits
Good multinational company. Compensation is good, however most of their employees are contractual which i think is one of the downside. Job security for employees is not stable.
Salary / Benefits
Fluor is a Teamwork oriented company. Best place for a career development and professional molding. And for some best place to retire. It has high salary rate.
Pros
trainings, salary and working days
Salary / Benefits
It's been more than 100 years that FLUOR doing EPC business they already mastered in terms of management handling and how to execute their project. The management assure that their worker has enough knowledge by giving them concrete training technical or management. The hardest part of the job is communication since FLUOR doing EPC business we deals with different nationality, we often communicate to our client, counter part & vendor around the world. for me communication is very important in these business. The most enjoyable part of the job is bonuses and incentives that you receive when you finish the project earlier.
Pros
bonuses and good incentives
Salary / Benefits
Everyday is sharing of knowledge and helping each other. I have learned a lot in this company especially in design and I learned many engineering software using in design. Management is fair to all employees they make sure everyone is all equal. The hardest part of the job was when I'm starting in design because I don't have experienced that time in design so I need to adjust little by little especially in using engineering design software or applications.. The most enjoyable part was when I started to appreciate what I'm doing and I understand the step by step procedure how to design.
Salary / Benefits
Detailed Engineering and Design executing project baseline, philosophy, basis of design, specifications, client feed, scope of work, scope of supply, material take-off, and telecom index.
Attend regular taskforce/telecom meeting and Client/Vendor’s KOM.

Ensure security and communication status/deliverables, QA compliance and respond project issues, discrepancy reports of clients, vendors, suppliers and contractors.

Evaluate approved vendor list, vendor design, vendor proposal, data sheets.

Review IFR, IFD, IFC specifications and drawing revisions, squad-check and comments. Sign-in/Sign-off transmittal documents and coordinates cable schedule, cable routing, equipment / cabinet fabrication, internal /electrical / termination diagram, power and link budget calculations.

Prepares Technical Bid Evaluation (TBE), Technical Bid Clarification (TBC), Technical Bid Summary (TBS), Request for Quotation, Variation/Change Order, Vendor Quotation, Deviation list, equipment purchase requisitions and update need list on a timely manner.

Evaluate IAT, FAT and SAT procedures in accordance with the general arrangement drawing, equipment test, accessories, quantity and punch list reports to negate possible future problems.

High/Low level integration and deployment of Security/Plant CCTV System, PAGA, PABX-LAN-Fiber Optic Network,FIDS, Access Control.
Pros
More Trainings