FLORIM USA

FLORIM USA Employee Reviews

Not a good work environment

Extremely hot in the summertime, extremely cold in the winter and dusty all year round. Had a hard time getting to use my vacation and even harder time getting raises.

Pros

It's a job

Cons

Everything listed above

This company has issues with veterans work making there and having to take time off for doctors appointments

At first I really enjoyed working there until I had doctors appointments that I had told them I would have before I started working. My boss had problems with it. So as a veteran I could not work there anymore.

Never work

Imo a person would be better off begging at the street corner verses working for florim. Its the absolute worse work experience ive ever had. Zero training and then they expect a person to get production. On very complicated machines.

The employee morale is horrible!

Florim is not competitive with pay. The employee morale is not very good. Employees are not treated the same. If you are a favorite, the give you everything you want.

Pros

Fellow workers

Cons

Hostile Work Environment, Pay is too low, Inconsistent treatment of policies

They only won’t button pushers

Upper management doesn’t care about employees at all. Most employees are easy to get along with. Most just cause drama because they have nothing else better to do. Work is very repetitive

Pros

Easy job

Cons

Upper management doesn’t care about its workers

A supportive environment with great benefits

Florim is full of a family of people, most employees have been there incredibly long term which is highly encouraging. They have competitive pay, and a great benefits package, on top of the fact that it's a very happy work environment. In terms of hours, you really do have to be a morning person as it is 8-5 with an hour long lunch.

I got to go to their parent company awhen i started.Thailand

It was all right working for florim I learned a new trade and skill I learn how to make ceramic and porcelain tile from start to finish got a trip to Thailand which was wonderful learn how to make the glazes and paste

Pros

Learned a new skill

Cons

Dusty. Hot

Work hard and it will pay off.

Florim is a great place to work very secure job as long as you do your job and are not lazy. You can’t be scared of heat because during summer it is hot.

Pros

Lunches and breaks are while on the clock so you’re paid.

Cons

Easy to get into a groove that makes time pass slower.

Great place to work (for Italians)

FUSA is largely led by Italian expatriates. In some cases that is extremely helpful because of their deep knowledge of the tile industry. In other cases the leaders are chosen simply because they are also Italian even though they have no experience in the industry. While this brings a really cool exposure to Italian culture to the workplace, it has also created a situation where Italians and Americans are treated very differently. My experience has been that Italians are generally given whatever they ask for while the same generosity isn’t offered to Americans. Again, this isn’t across the board. Some leaders are humble while others will squeeze as much money and benefits out of the company as possible and use their position (or nationality) to justify their behavior.

Pros

Great plant manager

Cons

Horrible CFO/COO

You can deal the job but not the people you work with !!!

The job is alright but the people you work with will make you feel drained !!! Most of your co worker wants to know your business!!! They don’t leave you alone and is aggravating..!!

very big factory

they are tryin to get all tile business into one factory..they produce quality tiles and a big variety of tiles ..and are still currently rennovating the plant for more production and output volume

Cons

Very biased work atmosphere, do not apply.

Do not go to work for this company. Lack of management and proper leadership has it needing too much for entry level workers. The department leads will lie about and overwork the new employees.

Dangerous place to work

Safety was not a concern. Many machines were only fixed when they broke, there was no maintenance plan. Never saw safety personnel. Some workers were allowed to smoke in the facility while others were not. Favoritism.

Great place of work very peaceful

Good area of work very excited place to work good place to learn new things great team work good supervisor a place to make and extra cash and overtime

Very interesting work environment. We are making tile and production goes up and down. This effects the employees somewhat but we also aim for quality.

N/a

the job is great but it has very limited chances of growth and to advance the job security was not very firm on my part the best part of the job is knowledge

Lead by Intimidation

The main lesson learned by working at Florim was to not get comfortable in your job. My shift was changed several times. I was hired for day shift 8 hours. When I left I was working a12 hour night shift.

Pros

Health Insurance

Cons

Management. Health and saftey concerns(dust, silica sand)

Fast paced but ok

Not much room to advance. Never a set schedule always being moved around and be away from family because of work. Pay is good and benefits as well. You do get to learn a lot of different skills here and meet good people to work with

Productive and slow paced work

its a easy job overall, in a normal day you would come in check your chemicals, make sure everything is good, and make sure your running good tile. I learned to be very patient when communicating. The hardest part of the job would be changing product.

Pros

showers available

Cons

its either really hot or really cold in the building

Na

Unorganized management don't know proper ways to address workers, seniority is never recognize the only time safety becomes an issue is when there's an accident or something

Pros

Some free times

Great place to work.

The employees were very professional, training on site was beneficial. Employees were respectful and were all team players. The culture of the work place was very calm, and the Managers ensured you got enough training for your position.

Pros

medical insurance, management, co-workers

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FLORIM USA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits
  • FLORIM USA
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?