Fleet Farm

Fleet Farm Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,043 reviews

Productive, decent management, some poor employees

Management is poor, always picking up other employees slack, there are some good people and very good workers who get the job done but not enough of them. Can be a good work environment but expectations are too high and unrealistic especially for a freight team with no one older than 18.

Mind-numbing work-bored after training period.

No room for advancement, boring, didn’t feel as though I was learning anything after my training period ended. My team lead didn’t want to teach me anything besides the bare minimum, she let everyone do what they wanted; no accountability, I felt like I was in high school again.

Pros

None.

Cons

Boring, absolutely no opportunity for growth.

Good Job with No Support or Compensation

I like my role in the company but... Management gives no support to their employees. You will do A TON of work for below average pay. Low morale in the stores I've worked in and very high turnover. A lot of gossip going on behind peoples backs.

Better paying retail jobs out there

I got this job by attending a hiring event and the first few months I was very excited and motivated to learn more about my job. The cracks really started showing especially when the pandemic started a lot of the time there would be a shortage of staff, and many customers to serve. Didn't get a whole lot of hazard pay as well during the pandemic, so everyone there was running the higher risk of getting sick with no paid sick leave. Toxic management team, only one 30 minute break in a 8 hour shift, and if you work part time your schedule can be very inconsistent with what you put as your availability. Customers can be rude at times and management sometimes lets them do what they want, and inventory is often a mess and inaccurate, and at times the warehouse is understaffed or not cooperative. The only pros I can think of this job was the paid breaks, employee discount, and flexible hours.

Pros

Paid breaks, 20% discount, flexible hours

Cons

Short breaks, inconsistent schedule, management, high turnover

Terrible senior leadership

Stuck in the Stone Age here at fleet and terrible senior leadership allowing whatever to happen to employees without anyone being held accountable terrible experience and I recommend this position to NO ONE!

Friendly atmosphere helpful management

Good management with excellent ability for advancement. Fun and fast paced environment. Friendly and helpful work environment with great ability for advancement. I was always appreciated for my hard work.

Pros

Fast paced, Diverse product line. Friendly

Cons

Busy periods can get stressful

Unrealistic and hard workers needed in a fast paced environment

This is a high stress high pressure fast paced job..Pay is okay Hours are okay. I could not recommend anyone to work here. Im ashamed to be here. Benefits are big money.. Compared to salary also hours are also hard to do. And for an elder like myself i do wirk like the young ones...

Not a ideal job

I wouldn't recommend working here unless it is a last resort great store with lots of things but employment sucked. Managers where awful and very hard to communicate with if there was a problem

Good

Good it taught me a lot. I learned a bunch of cashier and customer service knowledge that I didn’t know or use before. Now I can use that now to help.

Such a Stressful Experience!

I was looking for a summer job, so I applied to work in this place, and I got to say it was a significant waste of time! First off, I applied to be a full-time cashier but instead was given the job of being a seasonal sales team member. I did not mind because I was happy that I at least got a job, however working in this position made me regret this choice. I was given brief training for this position and then was put on the spot, alone in my department on my first day with no help whatsoever. I also kept having my schedule changed, which irritated me because I made appointments on day offs, but have to show up to work last minute with a manager calling me on the phone about this change. The only good thing I got from working here is that my fellow team members in the seasonal department are so nice and wonderful to work with! I also enjoyed the employee discount and the breakroom.

It's ok

Get recognized for hard work, but don't get recognized for wanting to do more for the company and they don't follow through with teaching, can't trust supervisors to do their job.

Pros

Free random snacks/ lunches

Cons

Poor management

Poor leadership

store managers don t do anything except walk around and talk with people. When short on staff be expected to work without any days off until you hire new people. pay raises are a joke

Pros

Cons

everything

Interesting but annoying

They were very misleading with the hiring process. Was told I would be in sporting goods only to be stuck as a cashier indefinitely. Pay wasnt great, people were nice, company as a whole felt more like a machine than a family. Decent as a first job perhaps, but would not recommend long term.

Great co-workers, great customers!

Most days I love my job and feel I can succeed with whatever is happening that day.The only thing that really bothers me is that a lot of the team members are long term, and if you are not, you don’t count.This does not come from the co- workers but from the office staff. Pay is also lower than a lot of our competitors so we are always short staffed, especially on the weekends!

Decent place to work

Very fast pace environment and great health insurance for for full time workers. People are good to work with but very understaffed in the yard and management works you till breaking point rarely will management assists when busy GM doesn't knew how to treat people fairly customer wise or employees.

Long workdays, unrealistic expectations and goals...infighting among office staff for advancement.

The day started at 6:30 am until 4:30-5:00 pm. Constant meetings and micromanaging as management feared upper management. Constant pressure to perform despite the market conditions. Culture was one of distrust among many. Work life balance was one of lip-service for than reality. Many people though were great people (this may sound contradictory, but true).

Pros

Since the company was bought out by private equity there are not many pros.

Cons

Short breaks, unrealistic workload, little to no work-life balance, micromanaging and unrealistic goals.

Overall not a good experience

Basic work tasks are fairly standard, but outside of (maybe) your immediate coworkers, it really does not feel like you're "a part of a team." Management felt like it didn't care, and sometimes I was scheduled on days that I had taken off months before. I often had to close in one or two sections completely by myself. The pay in the summer was fine, but during the year I made barely over minimum wage. Overall, it just feels like you are a number and not a person most days.

Poor wages, worse environment

I worked here as a cashier for three years. It's easily the worst job I've had so far. I stayed as long as I did hoping to receive recognition for exceeding goals, but I was only given a raise when minimum wage increased. Management was toxic and manipulative, and I was often asked to work overtime and late nights despite being a minor at the time.

Fun but can be stressful at times

As someone who’s been all over the store, it’s very universal. They will assign you your position but you can really work anywhere once you have a grasp. Management lineup is fun and caring, I’ve had many managers and they all are making sure you’re taken care of and are doing your task successfully. This is really a great place to work, I work along side team members who have been there for 30 plus years and they come to their job with a smile on their face just about everyday.

Pros

Fun break room incentives, very flexible schedule, vacation is mostly easy, fun and caring staff.

Cons

Lack of product supply, poor stockroom organization.

management wasnt always appreciative of your work because they just sit in an office and dont see what you get done and than they dont schedule you .

Pros

paid break

Cons

only make 12 dollars per hour while same positions make 16 at different companys

Fun workplace with encouraging management.

I loved working here. It was a lovely place to work. Staff were encouraging, helpful, and fun to be around. Management could have used a little bit of work, but overall was great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fleet Farm. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits
  • Fleet Farm
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?