Five Star Marine Services

Five Star Marine Services Employee Reviews

Philippines6 reviews

Over all experience was happy and memorable

Good working environment, and a friendly colleagues. Lots of beautiful places and amazing itineraries. And a very lovely and awesome passengers. It has been a memorable experienced working in this Company.

Five-star Marine Services is one of the best agency I ever know.and also best competitive in the market through business.

The best company I ever seen approachable management also.. FIVE-STAR Marine Services Inc. have a lot opportunity for me..The management is also great and have a good well condition when it comes to the need of their client. I know that Five Star Marine Services Inc. will give you a good salary and well good adviser also. They know how to handle seafarer ..aftefinishcontact

nice working

Five star marinne services corp is a nice cruise ship agency to work because its environment, co workers and supervisors are good to work and have a safety to each crew and guests.

Pros

all is free

Cons

10hours work

Nice and fun

Its nice to be in different places for free as working in cruise ship. Meet different races and understand different culture. Build much better self confidence.

My recent company is good to me

I've learn a lot at my recent job my co-workers their are kind ,helpful and friendly are management is supportive to all. I work 8 to 12 hours in one day and I've learned a lot like all in the kitchen i'd cook any kind of foods, the hardest part of my job is when they give me a receipt that i don't know because its my first time to cook that. And the most enjoyable part of my job is when i received a certificate that i accomplish and when my boss like what i did .

Pros

Free lunches is big help for me.

Cons

long hours its okay to me.

poor working place compare to my previews company Magsaysay Maritime Corporation.

A typical day at work is during sea day very busy day, but is fine with me, is just more than 400 passenger if I compare to my previews Ship Costa Cruise maximum 4500 passenger. And I work 14 to 16 hours a day. If we are in Caribbean or South America. And during dry dock or opening a new Ship we work like 19 hours. It’s long! On a sea day, you’ll have 10-14 hour days where you’re working (or at least socializing) with guests if you’re not officially on duty. It will vary from position to position (entertainer positions like singers, dancers, or band members typically don’t start working until later in the day and don’t work quite as many hours) but that’s typical. Working in a cruise ship is a great job to see the world free... to earn money to support my family, save for my future. I learned a lot of things working in a cruise ship. different cultured, lifestyle, and character of each personality. In terms of your job, you usually have all the major skills you need before you get on the ship, either from previous experience/education or training programs. If you’re brand new, you’ll usually have another employee in your department walking you through the day-to-day work for a week or so. In some positions, you may come on board a week before the person you’re replacing leaves, so that they can walk you through everything before you take over. Getting used to the long hours, constantly changing time zones and not having a day off. Learning the hierarchy on board: there are so many different elements to a cruise ship, from navigational officers to social staff, and learning -

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Five Star Marine Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits