Five Below

Five Below Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,803 reviews

Fun place to work at, but the not the pay

It's a friendly environment, chill atmosphere but mostly just a high school job.

Pros

fun, interesting inventory

Cons

pay is not so great, job to get through high school

It’s a okay place to work .

Pay is not very good & it’s very unorganized.. definitely a job for younger people . That managers are nice , just a lot of call outs & people not wanting to work.

Fun workplace

I was seasonal so I didn’t get to spend as much time working here as I would but it was very fun & energetic , we always had something to do , the staff was so fun I made really good friends & memories

Not a good time but depends on location

The managers I had were awful, but I have heard others say there experience were great with the company. My mangers in particular, however, would bully minors into quitting if they did not like them, said racist things to some of my coworkers, and would do inapproiate stuff in the backroom while everyone else was working (idk if I can say lol). For the most part, Five Below is very flexible with scheduling and the job itself is simple and can be enjoyable sometimes, but it really REALLY depends on the location.

Pros

benefits available, solid discount on products

Cons

Management, hours always changing

Good for high schoolers or just out of high school

My experience with Five below was not bad I actually opened up the store and I enjoyed my time there. I worked a lot of hours and the people I worked with were cool people. The pay is okay.

Pros

Pretty chill

Time goes by fast due to the amount of tasks to be done

There's not a lot of payroll for the amount of tasks needing to be done. Managers are working 60+ hours a week just to ensure tasks are being completed.

They contradict their very own motto

I used to love my work life there at five below but when I finally caught onto to the childish high school he said she said drama it just wasn’t worth it. My family hit a rough patch and instead of supporting me they placed more pressure onto the constant nit picking

Pros

Small little discount they offer

Cons

Short breaks

It's alright

It's not bad depending your location, scheduling can be a hassle sometimes so try not to be too spontaneous. You dk when exactly you're getting out sometimes u have to stay overtime so there's that

Terrible leadership

Terrible management. Awful to employees. Embarrassing staff in front of customers. District Manager never does anything about employees complaints about manager.

Overworked and understaffed

Never enough payroll to run the store the way the company wants you to. No real planning ahead for anything, everything is a last minute knee jerk reaction

Great

Fast paced great team and management customer are cool most of the time you my get food discount or drinks nothing crazy about this job I recommend it

Great employees. Repetitive work experience

The other employees are great and fun to work with, but after awhile the work gets dull and repetitive. Overall it's a good job to have to gain experience with customer service.

Terrible management

Completely disorganized. Management has no communication between departments and loyalty to employees is minimum. Turn over is unconscionable and half the time people don’t even know what’s going on

fun coworkers but rotating management

the lack of communication between management, your coworkers, and anyone else involved was terrible. there really wasn't any direction in what you were supposed to be doing, less when the managers started quitting left and right due to terrible communication amongst themselves.

Good

Good work life balance and a chance to get ahead of you’re willing to put the work in. You’ll be working a lot of weekends and night but that’s to be expected

Great Team

Typical day consist of my morning shift duties we have Great team members and Everyone works together. Customers are pretty decent not to many rude ones. Our store can be kinda of slow sometimes.

Good for a new manager

If you are a new manager it is ok. If you are an experienced manager looking for an actual leadership role this is not the place for you. It’s very physical and you are basically a glorified stocker and cashier.

Fun when it works…

It’s all in who you work with.. if there isn’t a management team in place everything falls apart. They rely heavily on store managers to do their part in a store but also pull the store managers out to help at other stores. They’re trying to open stores too fast. Some of the new stores have so many issues because they weren’t prepared. They’re constantly raising prices thinking customers won’t notice.

Somedays are better than others

As a disabled worker at this establishment, it gets a bit difficult at times but it eventually gets better. It's a pretty chill retail job but sometimes it gets to you when people get a bit upset

Pros

Break room snacks, Friendly and understanding co-workers, and employee discount

Cons

Scheduling problems, Low hours, and bathrooms

Would not recommend to anyone

When i first started here it was such a fun place to work and not that stressful. Now they overwork minors, treat associates badly, don’t give you hours, and they DO NOT care about your mental health or well being and will still expect you to come in after you get out the hospital. Only get this job if you can stand half your mangers talking badly about you almost daily.

Good for high schoolers

It’s a great place to work at but pay is terrible. If you don’t like children I wouldn’t recommend. For high schoolers who need a start out job to learn to balance life and work this is for you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Five Below. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits