First Standard Finance Corporation
First Standard Finance Corporation Employee Review

Company with good culture

February 27, 2018
I learned a lot but most specially I developed my skills as a person and it made me grow a lot at work. The management has good communication skills and the colleagues as well.
January 17, 2015
Same role
Branch Bookkeeper (Former Employee) - Philippines
We have two floors in the building, Having been assigned in accounts the department got its own room located at the second floor. We are 15 people in the branch and we have 3 business center all over Palawan. We are all fine despite different positions.
I learned so may things during my tenure of 13 years in this company. We are used to multi-tasking, I'm not just handling the accounts, I also do HR functions and duties like interviewing new applicants, exams and giving them their requirements. In the absence of cashier I also act as reliever. And when the manager needs to attend meetings and the like, I was in-charged during the days she was in a business travel. I act as internal audit and checker of our business centers, I surprise visit them as advised by my immediate head.

The management is still adjusting, there were plenty of new positions they created for proper monitoring of the companies performance. My co-workers are fun to be with, although there are some misunderstanding but it's normal, as long as it is work related everything can be sort out.

I am used to meeting deadlines on-time, so for me I find my job very fine. i am enjoying it because we are not just working we are like family in the company. we also have travels, wellness, and outreach program yearly. The company gives us a chance to experience not just work but also memories of other things worth remembering.
Pros
travel, free snacks and sometimes lunch and dinner, incentives, bonuses
Cons
working during holidays to meet deadlines
January 31, 2017
Same location
Loans Processor (Current Employee) - Surigao City, Surigao del Norte
Working here at FSFC is the most productive experience.I learned a lot and still learning to improve my capabilities and my skills especially in dealing with different kind of people. But I have to look for another job that with a much higher compensation to sustain my needs and my family's needs.
August 21, 2020
Senior Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) - Davao City
I've been with the company for almost 11 years. Working in a fast pace environment, teaches me how to be focus. Time is your enemy. You have to be cautious and mentally strong. Especially when it comes to hitting your target. Every month is a different scenario. When you fail to keep up you have to be emotionally prepare for the outcome. But despite of it all, I was never left out on different departments i've been part of.
Pros
Acquired differents skills, like: Customer oriented, be detailed oriented and focus.
Cons
Emotionally wrecking due to stress and unbalance work force.