FedEx Office

FedEx Office Employee Reviews

Showing all 3,295 reviews

It's okay

Personally the only reason I stayed for FedEx is because my boss is probably the greatest boss I have ever had. It is hard work, but I don't mind that. It involves a lot of lifting heavy things, having product and shipping knowledge, and if you know graphic design and microsoft office like I do it's a plus. Knowing how to work a computer is extremely important. One of my main qualms is that I am paid very little for the amount of work that I do. I can barely scrape by and I go to university and live in a very wealthy area (not by choice, but more or less because I'm stuck here). I barely broke past two digits in pay, which isn't saying much. The amount of work that I do, the type of work that I do, and how long I have to work are all the equivalent of someone working as an administrative assistant that's paid a lot more than me. Plus side, FedEx does have super good benefits. They have blue cross blue shield health, signa dental and a 401K if you so desire. It's retail so the customers are going to vary from really pleasant to unbearable, especially if you're working in the design section where everything has to be exactly as they want it (and I don't blame them- it's their own personal project).

Pros

healthcare, dental, 401k

Cons

barely-moderate pay, long hours

If you're hired externally, you'll get paid more than employees that have been there for a while.

External hires make more money than those who have been there for years. Easy to move up in company from SC to LC, but the compensation is trash. Fun environment and coworkers, and especially manager.

Pros

Fun environment

Cons

DM plays favorites, will not promote or give adequate raises if she doesn't like you.

Fun place

Good place to work positive environment room for growths FedEx has a better reputation for reliability, in addition to its tracking and customer service. There's a price you pay for that, though, and the price is a

Coworkers were great, management sucked

We had a manager who was great but overworked and overlooked for promotions and transfers. They left and they lost a great leader. Coworkers were great and fun but the new management was scared to standup for what we needed . Little pay for the amount of work ( and abuse from the public). Suggestions for improvement go into the void. Okay for the short term, but not encouraging to move up.

Fun team, decent company

Loved the people I worked with. Company is so-so. The robot sayings you have to memorize to try to upsell is annoying but that's retail. A big complaint is their dress code. I'm fine with a company shirt but jeans violated their dress code which is dumb. I work more comfortably in jeans and a tee which is why I work in a warehouse now and get to wear whatever and guess what, I am an amazing employee! As I said before, a shirt is understandable for branding but let your employees where what makes them most comfortable! Also, pay needs to be better given the numerous processes, products and services you need to learn. Anything less than $20/hr is extortion, but thats what billion dollar companies do best!

Okay overall

Pay is a big issue with employee retention, but the job isn’t hard. Training takes about 6 months because the knowledge attained for the role is vast, however it isn’t hard to grasp.

Good job if your location is staffed well

Was a very fun job, enjoyed the work, but locations frequently had issues with staffing so as manager you'd have to work open to close most everyday for weeks at a time. Support from other centers was there, but other center managers of large stores in my area would give me a hard time if I needed to borrow a team member to support.

Great work/life balance

They really care about their people! Great pay, work/life balance, and benefits. I feel supported by my peers and hiring manager. Ultimately a great experience!

Good Benefits

I did not feel supported and was kept from transferring to another location. Was then offered an option to transfer to that same store when I resigned.

Benefits

Cons

Management is hindering

Great people, great products.

FedEx is a great company to work for. Great DEI. Integrity at the highest level. I'm proud to work here. Great benefits. Training, tools. They invest in their people. The bad and Hardest part of the job is recognizing revenue. You are only paid for sales once they are simulated into your portfolio so if you sold a million dollars today you would get zero credit for it. Then to top that off you would be up against that number next year and they would expect YOY growth on a sale you earned nothing for so in a way it punishes performers. Commission is capped. If the things I jut mentioned were changed it would be a dream job.

Pros

Dei, Training, Integrity

Cons

Capped commission and sales credit recognition

Underpaid for the amount of task and patience required for the role.

The position of Store Consultant will have you performing many different task with very few people on staff to assist you during your shift. You will be working for very little money considering the amount of task and responsibilities assigned to you.

Overall, good starter job

the store consultants take care of the customer service aspect, which includes shipping and consulting in projects to be printed. the experience is relatively easy and once you get the hang of things, everything just flows

Great company

Decent place to work. Management has poor communication but generally care about their employees. Raises could be more frequent. Opportunity for advancement is low in this area. They do not like you to take off or use sick days and you can tell when you come back to work from one because they make you feel like an outcast for a few days. Benefits are good. Very bipolar schedule system, it’s all over the place. It would lower the competition and feeling that there is favoritism if the schedule was more organized and consistent.

"Leadership"

Trash management 1/7 outliers. Worked for them several years and haven't promoted. New highers make more that me. I have trained people that are now higher level. Had un-knowledgeable sloths with fewer years of experience get promoted.

Pros

Healthcare

Cons

Pay, "flexible hours", short staffed

Interesting and Diverse

I enjoy my job and work with great people! We do shipping, production, and help with self serve jobs like faxing, emailing, and laminating. Not too hard to learn!

longevity

descent payeasy workflowindependent workplace culturemedian pace workcoworkers get along greateasy commutenot much really left to but typical work day.

Low Compensation , Emotional Stress, Shady

The company was a great place to work until it went under new management. Reduced hours, over worked, and bad management that was inconsistent and not understanding. Team members are overworked with low pay, low raises, or no raises at all. Company policies and procedures are constantly changing. No room for career growth or advancement. Upper manager is sneaky and shady.

It's just ok

It really depends on your DM. If you get a good one then you'll mostly be left to manage your store and as long as you don't make waves you'll be ok. But if you get a bad one you can be micromanaged to h3[[ and back. The pay is low and the hours are crazy, but all in all the job is easy.

Awesome job crappie team members

Untrustworthy team members, they go out of the way to try to screw you over. Raining isn't really training you kinda just get thrown in and don't even think about asking questions; that's a whole problem and they will tell you the wrong thing to do just because they think its funny. Other locations are probably great but the N Broadway St, Knoxville tn location is ridiculous.

Cons

Untrustworthy team members, they go out of the way to try to screw you over

Good stuff if you can deal with a lot of ?!??!?

Good work, decent people (here and there). Kind of seems like it is very unorganized and going through some transitional struggles. Can probably learn and network a lot if you let it happen.

Pros

if you like people and are good with them its good.

Cons

see pros

You'll Get Passed Up for an External Hire

Disappointed that FedEx Office would rather hire someone that is blissfully unaware of all the responsibilities they'll have instead of a young woman who's dedicated years to the business and learning the ropes. No regular raises, poor health insurance, poor treatment from upper management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FedEx Office. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits