FedEx Ground

FedEx Ground Employee Reviews

Found 17,448 reviews matching the searchSee all 17,449 reviews

Good pay no time for your life

Working 6 days a week sucks. Especially when the job is physical. I loved working alone though an after i learned my route i started getting off at a great time. I just feel like having more time for your personal life is needed. hope and pray you don’t get a bad route. If you don’t like driving in ALL weather conditions don’t apply.

Pros

Pay, work alone, good workout

Cons

No benefits, not enough personal time, have to drive in snow

Overall company

FedEx doesn’t care about it’s employees or contractors one bit. No home/work life balance, not compensated for work you do, no AC or time off, poor management. Rate this job a solid 1/10.

Chronically understaffed and stressful

Chronic shortage of package handlers. Stressful hours and chaotic work environment. Managers are usually expected to function as package handlers due to staffing shortages and rarely have the opportunity to engage and develop their employees. Poor policy to review existing employee pay despite increase in base pay for managers. I have been in my position as a manager for over 6 years and when I brought the fact that my pay is barely higher than a manager with no experience to HR, nothing was done other than to shrug their shoulders.

Cons

Chronic labor shortage, stressful environment, little to no support of professional development

it's a warehouse

it's laborious but most of the managers are agreeable and understanding. the hours can fluctuate depending on the amount of freight we have. overall it's a good job if you're Wanting to do labor.

Barely hours

The only best time to work there is peak season after that you’ll barely make hours. Constantly changing start times. Constantly hiring people when people who have been there longer are already barely getting hours.

Productive and fun

Worked here for 3 years recommend it as hours can be hard to come by but if you need some there’s always more shifts to pick up love the constant flow of work

It very fast pace and the managers and the boss are very disrespectful and shady

This is the worst place I've ever worked for they have no understanding of others and they work together to make it to where if you work with them you have to stay or they make it impossible to get another job

Pros

Water

Cons

Everything about this job

Por pay, treated like a package handler with a v.I.p pass

This job do not care about the their operation admins on the dock, even though we are basically the glue to the scores of the building . We have to do damages , call the recipients about addresses, clean the belts , talk to the drivers and still act like managers to get the packages out because of the LACK OF HELP. Don’t want to hire anybody because of TLH. And when they do they are picky on the interviews. Everybody wanna act like sort manager but don’t wanna help clean up the mess after. Don’t let me get started on the pay!

Don't bother

Horribly run by chidish management, who try and work you like a dog. They act as though your important and you actually have a chance to move up,to only end up working in the same position you were when you first started. Everyone is two faced to one another. Just a really dirty miserable place.

Cons

No break

Great workout, you'll work for your pay but it should be higher

Overall I've enjoyed my time with the company so far, you put in a lot of physical work and it keeps you in shape. The pay is not where it should be however, it's above minimum wage (15.50 as opposed to 9, or the 14 dollars offered by UPS) but the fact that they fine print you into getting paid 50 less cents an hour than promised is bad form. With the amount of work you put in some days you'd think they could spare a bit more.Managers so far have been helpful, but only if you really prod them into telling you what you need to know. Otherwise they are extremely need to know, and they assume you know most everything.Overall it's a good, and fairly rhythmic job that could be worse but also could be better. Free water is provided at well, but make sure to bring some ahead of time as it does run out near the end of the shift normally. School benefits are extremely nice as well so if you need some extra cash for tuition make sure to keep this in mind.

great starter iob

good if you like working around a team the area i worked in was a little sketch but really nice once you’re in made you feel comfortable and help you out

Friendly work area

Friendly work area for morning shift. The manager for unload are usually good a making the everyone work towards the goal for the day. I do have to say that the hours at my fedex where not enough for me.

great place

great place to work if you like outdoors and want a paid workout. I would still be there if it weren’t for another job, just make sure your contractor takes care of you

Overwhelmed

No ac in the trucks at all. It's an overwhelming job and no health insurance on till one year and you have one day off in whole year. You have no vacation at all cause you miss one day of work.

Too much for too little

Uncontrolled environment, heavy lifting, supervisors don’t care favoritism and they get mad if you take a break after lifting heavy packages for hours

Management Sucks

At the beginning the job was awesome because they are all nice to you give you these purple promise rewards.but as you get to know the managers they do not care about you or your well being weather you get sick or hurt.Everything you are told at orientation is a lie once you get in there you are thrown to the wolfs. They tell you that you have a set schedule but all you work is 3 to 4 hours and whatever schedule they give you.you start off with 1 truck and end up with 4. and they expect you to load them all managers will lift a finger to help you.They have sent people home not even being there an hour the managers do nothing but hang around or be on there phones and hangout in the office. The pay is good but the lack of communication is horrible they really need to tighten up.

Good employees ,low pay

I worked at the FedEx in Canton Ohio they need new management ASAP, they can't keep nobody there for over a week the place will go down within a few years mark my words

Pros

Will work around your schedule, great employees

Cons

Low pay, lazy managers, no air, no help

Low pay but great environment and super friendly people

The hours were strange and often disruptive but they were flexible with my schooling. The pay was the biggest issue I had with the job. Management was friendly and understanding I loved working for them.

It's all contractors.

All the contractors pay you so little but it's just enough to stay there. They say you'll make so much a day but when you get paid it's short and then taxes come out. They play favorites as well.

Warehouse associate

I really liked working there was making really good money the only downfall was the managers didn't really care much about the employees so when I got injured I felt really disgusted because they didn't believe me and didn't want to help me out but if I was ever taken back again I will work even harder like how I was before

Bad job

they pay you good but it's probably not worth it with how they treat you and how hard it is on your body. If your okay with being treated horrible and destroying your body for 20 some bucks an hoour than its worth it

Pros

money free food

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FedEx Ground. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits