Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Information from Fairmont Hotels & Resorts:

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Management reviews

Philippines46 reviews
Salary / Benefits
It has been a stressful experience for me because of there is a need of additional pastry chef because of lots of work that can't be done by only 2 chef.. but the management refuse to hire additional chef
Salary / Benefits
a place that you can be a better person and your expectation will be higher than your expectation. they give a better place to work and they take care employee as their own family
Salary / Benefits
The employees are welcoming either when you are an intern or regular employee at the hotel. The management makes sure that they give the satisfaction on both of their guests and employees as well.
Salary / Benefits
I've learned a lot for almost 3 years of experience, workload was balance but not the salary. Management was very good, colleagues are fun to work with and to get along. Workplace was awesome, you can learn a lot from different training. Hardest part of the job, is the queuing of the guests. Enjoyable part was we can work as a team fairly.
Pros
No problem with uniforms, unlimited meals
Cons
Salary
- fun times at work
- i learned on how to value our guest

- management always hears the voice of colleagues
- our companies culture is the best
- standing is hard yet challenging

- dealing with the guest is what i enjoyed most
Pros
culture
benefits
Salary / Benefits
Housekeeping department is one of the most busiest and largest department in our hotel. I say it as "Toxic Management" because of the higher positioned colleagues way of manning people. Many employees have resigned, and some was dismissed due to some misunderstanding between the two parties. I recommend to to the HR to investigate this kind of problem.
Pros
Free lunch, Free wifi
Cons
Long Hours, Toxic Management
Salary / Benefits
I love the friendly environment, from the executives, the management to colleagues. I am also well-satisfied to the benefits. But the only thing I don't like about being part of the pre-opening team and as a senior bartender, they gave same rate (salary) to food attendants and to us. Considering the differences of the job descriptions and responsibilities.

Also, they don't promote people. my only opinion on that I guess to be able to motivate staffs/colleagues. Management should raise and promote people.
Pros
free meal and good benefits
Cons
lack of commucation
Salary / Benefits
It was good working with the company, I learned a lot of responsibility in working place, the management is good and I need much to learn, it was fun working.
Salary / Benefits
it was a pretty good place to work for, mainly because my boss was a very good and hardworking man and we got along really well. but upper management exhausted me, not leaving enough room for growth that's why i left.
Pros
in charge of my own schedule and compressed working hours
Cons
long hours and politics
Salary / Benefits
I have a good working relationship with my colleagues they are all nice and fun to work with. It makes the work easier everyday but I think the management should be more organize.
Pros
equal treatment
Cons
unpaid overtime
Salary / Benefits
room attendnat is not easy job as others may think. you have to have time management and you should know how to work under pressure. But its okay because you can learn your job easily if its really your forte and if the job makes you happy then it will be easy for you to make your job excellent. the most enjoyable part is you will encounter different races and the most enjoble part is my colleagues, they are always there to support and give me advice to make my job easily.
Salary / Benefits
Great place to start an experience I've learn more types of food to prepare. typical day at work is waking up early to go to work and setup my food to be arranged. Management are very lenient when it comes to have sick leaves or absences.
Pros
Cheap Lunch and big Tips!
Cons
unexpected overtime
Salary / Benefits
I am at the midnight shift for the whole time that I've worked there.I learned so many things, handling housekeeping machines, standard cleaning, right use of chemicals and many more. The management are nice esp. the HK dept. we were like family, and so with my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was when we have a management complaints and everyone was affected even the pm shift and am, while the most enjoyable part was when I cleaned the dirtiest and seen the results, I feel so proud :)
Pros
good management
Cons
no free meals
Salary / Benefits
Raffles and Fairmont Hotel is a good company that provide a memorable experience in terms of hospitality. As a part of Housekeeping, i learned to gave importance to our daily assignment starting with on time morning briefing before starting our designated task, with full energy to face every colleague with a serious smile on my face to show everyone that i'm cheerful. The more that i stay for long in this hotel the more i learned or adapt a different routine and task, and it motivate me alot. The management is very supportive in each department, leaders are professionals in handling different situations. My Co-workers also is the best part my daily life in my workplace they serves as inspirations and the exceptional kind of friendship has been developed. My hardest part of the job was being assigned in a different floor everyday with different schedule.I'm having a hard time to adjust whats environment is around. But my hearing my Boss saying that they put me in that situation because they believe I can make it. and the most happiest moment is having a departmental or a company outing or christmas bonding its a memorable riot slash party of all time.
Salary / Benefits
fun exciting and full of challenges
i learned to be productive at all times

good management
approachable and help you the things that you don't know
having tips
Pros
free wifi, breakfast, lunch
Salary / Benefits
Everyday we holding a function like meeting as well as weeding birthday anniversary and different kinds of events. Based of my experience on that hotel i learned a lot things different kinds of services and being passionate about to our management there are so good to us my co workers are so friendly and there are helpful for me hardest part of job is none because if you work as a team your task will be easier and faster accomplish. One of the most enjoyable part of my Job is when to accomplish our goal on that time give our best service to our guest.
Pros
free meals
Position Held: Sr. Resident Engineer

Supervision of the construction & retrofitting of (B3+32storied)Fairmont Hotel, Raffles Suites & Residences (Fast track Project, Under Management of Hill International)
From: May 2010 – April 2011 .
• Conduct regular site meetings, participate in project meetings and Health/Safety meetings

• Monthly reporting of work progress and design & constructability issues.

• Manage site staff resourcing and allocation. Allocate and monitor duties of Resident Engineers.

• Manage the project using the (FIDIC yellow book edition 2010) International Federation of Consulting Engineers.

• Monitoring of progress of Project, trouble shooting, QA and QC related to site staff output.

• Provide timely and quality advice to Team Managers in conflict resolution, timely resolution of Builder’s queries, request for information and inspections

• Monitoring & review of works for compliance with design plans & specifications & quality standards.

• Liaise with all teams to resolve building coordination issues.

• Review of Builder’s works methodology, temporary works and shop drawings primarily for compliance with design intent, plans and specifications and quality standards.

• Review Design and Build Contract Packages for compliance with performance specification.

• Liaise, coordinate and cooperate with Project Director to resolve design/ constructability issues and in the review and approval of Builder’s works claims.