Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Information from Fairmont Hotels & Resorts:

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Philippines46 reviews
Salary / Benefits
It has been a stressful experience for me because of there is a need of additional pastry chef because of lots of work that can't be done by only 2 chef.. but the management refuse to hire additional chef
Salary / Benefits
a place that you can be a better person and your expectation will be higher than your expectation. they give a better place to work and they take care employee as their own family
Salary / Benefits
It's Nice because everyone's schedule is fair to every employee and it's all for the job. The employees here treat each other well and that's why I learned to work with another people and communicate in a good way
Salary / Benefits
The employees are welcoming either when you are an intern or regular employee at the hotel. The management makes sure that they give the satisfaction on both of their guests and employees as well.
Salary / Benefits
I've learned a lot for almost 3 years of experience, workload was balance but not the salary. Management was very good, colleagues are fun to work with and to get along. Workplace was awesome, you can learn a lot from different training. Hardest part of the job, is the queuing of the guests. Enjoyable part was we can work as a team fairly.
Pros
No problem with uniforms, unlimited meals
Cons
Salary
- fun times at work
- i learned on how to value our guest

- management always hears the voice of colleagues

- our companies culture is the best

- standing is hard yet challenging

- dealing with the guest is what i enjoyed most
Pros
culture
benefits
Salary / Benefits
Housekeeping department is one of the most busiest and largest department in our hotel. I say it as "Toxic Management" because of the higher positioned colleagues way of manning people. Many employees have resigned, and some was dismissed due to some misunderstanding between the two parties. I recommend to to the HR to investigate this kind of problem.
Pros
Free lunch, Free wifi
Cons
Long Hours, Toxic Management
Salary / Benefits
I only worked as a contractual colleague but I would definitely say that I really learned a lot from this company and has enhanced my communication and listening skills very well. Also, I managed to speak out to people and learned more of using the computer.
Salary / Benefits
the hardest part on working in this position is that you cannot go home unless you're done with your quota of the day. You will learn to be fast and efficient to finish the work without going back at the previous workstation.
Pros
free lunch
Salary / Benefits
It was such a good company, fun work place , good staff. What I learned there is to be more responsible of everything you have to multi task, be patient and attentive and enjoy your work place.

Maybe the hardest part of the job is when there's too much guest are coming but I can handle it very well.

I think when you finish the day or the busy days without any problem, that's the most enjoyable part of the job plus the good staff.
Pros
free lunch
Salary / Benefits
it was a very good training ground for me as an intern in their company to let me work like a regular employee. and meet different amazing person who inspired me to work hard and do better in my job.
Pros
free meals
Cons
the transportation from my place to the hotel
Salary / Benefits
Everyday is a new chapter of work. Work for more than 10 hours a day. Had able to adopt in work environment and also to be a team leader to everyone. Gives me a chance to supervise different outlets when supervisors are not present. Most enjoyable part is working with everyone as a team, making guests feel satisfied and giving excellent services. And lastly recognition coming from supervisors and guests.
Pros
Lots of benefits
Salary / Benefits
I love the friendly environment, from the executives, the management to colleagues. I am also well-satisfied to the benefits. But the only thing I don't like about being part of the pre-opening team and as a senior bartender, they gave same rate (salary) to food attendants and to us. Considering the differences of the job descriptions and responsibilities.

Also, they don't promote people. my only opinion on that I guess to be able to motivate staffs/colleagues. Management should raise and promote people.
Pros
free meal and good benefits
Cons
lack of commucation
Salary / Benefits
Good working environment. You can show your skills because your supervisor let you to do your job and they are always there to assist you. The company is focused on the employee. They have lots of trainings, seminar for the improvement of their staff.
Salary / Benefits
I gained a lot of experienced and friends while working in Raffles and Fairmont Hotel. Still I will highly recommend this to newly grad if they want to have a good start on their career.
Salary / Benefits
Fairmont is a classy hotel to work with. The people there are nice and easy to work with. Working there helps me to build my confidence in dealing to other people.
Salary / Benefits
Takes care of the employees and promotes growth as an individual , gives the employee chance of change and offer internal transfers as to where and what your are good at.
Pros
Free lunch
Salary / Benefits
It was good working with the company, I learned a lot of responsibility in working place, the management is good and I need much to learn, it was fun working.
Salary / Benefits
We at Fairmont have 14 credits in 8 hrs. And another 2 hrs. Overtime in our evening service. Sometimes we don't have dayoff in a week because of lack of manning and high occupancy. That is the most hard work in Fairmont.
Pros
Free meal and accommodation
Cons
Healthcard and a day off per week
Salary / Benefits
the hardest part of my job was doing back-up foods. because we serve buffet so we doesnt know exactly the number of guest that will arrive. we also have a reservation so we will expect if its full house or not. then confirm the hostess if there will be unexpected number of guest so that we will back up food hrs before they came.
Salary / Benefits
A 5 star hotel but only minimum numbers of duty when i was assigned here because i was an on call waiter that time and there priority is the longest banquet waiter.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2