EY

EY Employee Reviews

Philippines79 reviews

Found 79 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,402 reviews

Stressful

Everything there is fast-paced/rushed/has a tight deadline. Didn't learn much as there was not much guidance from some seniors. No work-life balance.

Environment

Learned a lot in my stay in EY Philippines My partner in charge was very kind and smart Low salary as compared to others Had fun working because of my colleagues

Productive but very demanding in hours

This is a typical audit firm where rendering hours beyond normal is a norm. I recommend this for newly graduates but not for experienced ones looking for work life balance.

Output based

Work life balance is not observed. Salary is okay. Team work oriented company. Working long hours a day especially if there are urgent tasks coming from clients.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Fun and has a lot of learning opportunities

Very competent workmates and fun to interact with.The managements understands the needs of their employees.A lot of online trainings are available to employees.

Pros

Bonus and frequent lunch outs

Cons

Lot of non chargeable task.

Stressful and extreme workload.

Company is fast paced and stressful. Work is chargable base and they give you extreme workload even your new hire and they expected that you will caught up with the tenure. During peak you will work 18 hours or more daily.

Meaningful experience

Great company to work but still young. Consultants, particularly in SAP are friendly and easy to go along with.I can say I have a lot of challenging opportunity here.

Pros

Competetive Salary, Great colleagues

Fun workplace but lots of admin tasks

Pros:- Good exposure to new technologies- Excellent learning opportunities- Collaborative support from other resources- Fun engagement activities and after work bondingCons:- Too many admin non chargeable tasks- Too many trainings (badge) that doesn't have chargeability- Some projects are toxic and stressful

Lot of learning, stressful during busy season

Best starting point for beginners due to trainings. However, there's no work life balance because of many clients assigned to team. Coworkers were friendly and hard working all the time. Competitive most of the time.

Pros

Coworkers are helpful. Lot of trainings.

Cons

Long long hours of work. No balance. Unpaid OT.

Productive workplace

Work is easy to catch on to but gets heavy as time goes by. Environment is very friendly and the work is manageable. The work ethics of the people are great.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at EY?

Global Experience at the cost of everything else in your life

I'm really thankful for EY for providing me with the extensive exposure and experience with handling global stakeholders and challenging tasks but all these experiences I gained cost me my peace of mind, mental health deterioration, also took a toll on my physical health, family relations were damaged due to psychological strain.The recruitment team is also filled with biases and favoritism. Management was never a priority, only numbers and reputation. No proper planning and strategy. Blame was given to the rank and file but issues/escalations could've been avoided if only management listened to our concerns.Recruitment/Operations (HR, logistics, IT etc) has THE LOWEST retention. We've lost AMAZING talent/members/colleagues due to the management's lack of PROPER leadership.If you want to work for EY, better to apply for "revenue/money making roles". The company's backbone-operations is not within their list of priorities. Better wait for a miracle once they put their motto into practice of "building a better working world".ProsExperienceExposureDifficult stakeholders will hone youColleaguesConsSalary is nothing short of spare change in operations (especially recruitment)Workload/Job description - No proper structureLeadership is in the hands of our Indian counterparts - meaning leadership support, employee management and strategy are all India-based hence, cultural gap/mismatch.

Fast paced environment. Salary is incompatible with work load. Lots of room for career advancement.

Fast paced environment. Always busy season in the Risk Management Services department. Lots of demanding kpi targets. Leaves are tied to the kpi utilization target. During my time, OT pay is inexistent. Management is a bit inflexible.

Pros

Career advancement Wide network Professional environment

Cons

No OT pay, High turnover, Ambitious kpi targets (billable hours utilization, etc), EY badges added as kpi target

Challenging working environment yet fulfilling

Challenging working environment yet fulfilling.Have some issue with OT payBut people are amazing and very considerate.Trainings were provided before you start to work

Pros

All benefits

Too many redundant processes

Managers are expected to work long hours and handle multiple projects and people. No work-life balance. A reputable brand but system processes are still on excel sheets.

Pros

Friendly team

Cons

Long hours, No work-life balance

One of the best of big 4 consulting firms

I had a short stint at EY Manila, but I was pleased with the experience of being sent abroad upon client demand to work on their SOAR incident response platforms. Technology teams at EY are still in formation that time, it was not that matured so there were bugs and gaps with those and even the management was not technically equipped. I enjoyed the perks on working at a Big 4 consulting firm like Ernst & Young since it was an added factor for me, plus the travels, outings, trainings, are all the good stuff. I would recommend this to experienced hires, but not for beginners for sure since the consulting culture is different. I like the company, it's just the particular work that I did was stressful - Cyber Incident Response (IR) that I did not like.

Pros

no overtime, good colleagues, travel assignments, travel stipend, company events and outings, ok training

Cons

not all colleagues are good (beware), poor management, poor technical prowess of senior consultants, associates do all the hard work

Excellent Internship Experience

I was able to have the opportunity to undertake my internship in EY GDS. I learned a lot in the facet of recruitment and I was able to hone my capabilities in encoding and management in the process.

You will learn A LOT

Be eager to learn new things. Although sometimes, you will learn by yourself but in the end you will realize that you can do it with minimal supervision.

Inclusive of all walks of life, competitive, and ensure the well-being of their people.

EY Philippines is very inclusive of all walks of life, promotes healthy competitions, and ensures that the well-being of their people is prioritized above all.

Pros

free lunches sometimes, game rooms, flexible working time, and has a friendly environment.

The Best Accounting Firm

The experience is so great. Good training. Low salary but compensated by the trainings that you cant get outside. Fast paced but you'll gain much on the experience

Great!

Great training experience for new accountants. Provides various trainings and seminar. Exposure to a variety of services. Experience wise it is good. With great career advancement

Productive workplace and has a game room to the employees to use every break.

A multinational company that gives me the opportunity to collaborate with international staff all over the US. A company that accepts diversity and can advocate of the LGBT culture, it gives me a sense of belongingness.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EY. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits