Estes Express Lines

Estes Express Lines Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,735 reviews

Decent place to work

Very well paid for a non union company, pretty easy to work for but are sticklers on attendance policy. In STL some things seem to be a secret ie; seniority list…….drivers unaware of where they are on the list

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Poor management

Don't get hurt

Hurt yourself at home and the put you out with the trash. It's a driving job at the end of the day just practice mind over matter...they don't mind because you don't matter.

Excellent Career Choice

You can't beat this place anywhere. This Is a great place to have a life long career and they will always go above and beyond to make sure you are able to balance your home life with work life. The benefits are awesome, the pay is industry leading and management has a open door policy and will always listen.

Horrible

Horrible management they don’t care for there employees , good job good pay but management is Horrendous at best.. can’t speak to them can’t request a personal day they ignore you till they want to talk to you.

it's ok

great place to work and i like it, but the only problem is your scheduled shift what you told at the interview is actually from whatever start time they tell you to whatever time they decide to send you home and you dont get overtime pay until after 50 hours. they change hours constantly.

Pros

great starting pay if you don't go over 40 hours a week.

Cons

no overtime pay until after 50 hours.

Straight forward no games

As a line haul driver, I can show up to work and get my assignments for the day and execute my duties without having to interact with management. At the same time management is always available to field questions and assist you when needed. In the Sacramento terminal I can also speak to the staff and how friendly and assessable they are. Bottom line a very good company to create a future with.

Pros

Above average equipment, good benefits, great pay and always busy

Cons

LH few day runs, must plan fuel stops based on limited options, and all new trucks are automatics.

Loved working there and the people I worked with. Pay was great and benefits were very good and affordable. Totally would recommend to anyone. Wish I still worked there.

Very unorganized, bad equipment, pay is ok

If the drivers took more time to turn the trucks into the shop, it could be a little better. The equipment is completely ran down, and it’s very unorganized.

Pros

Pay, benefits, discounts

Cons

Equipment, not organized

LTL is great. But go somewhere else

Beyond M-F scheduling it's terrible. They expect you to be the face of the company with raggedy equipment, semi to mostly destroyed freight. The inability to get management to do anything hampers the entire organization. You are setup for failure from the time you swipe your time card. Most routes leave an hour or more later than they should (mostly because management has not, nor will they do anything to fix the issue) so then you are expected to drive and work recklessly to complete the day's assigned deliveries and pickups. They pay more per hour than most LTL carriers. But they won't ever let you get to 50 hours ( which is when OT kicks in)

Pros

Good schedule for truck driving

Cons

Management, pay, work life balance

El ambiente de trabajo es cómodo y da gusto ir a trabajar

Desde que entré a trabajar con Estés express lines mi vida a cambiado favorablemente les doy las gracias por haberme dado la oportunidad cada día es son nuevas experiencias y eso me motiva a ir contento al trabajo

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Estes Express Lines?

A great place to work

There’s lots of trucking companies and logistics companies. What makes Estes different is their commitment to the employees. Estes is willing to work with their employees to cultivate the kind of career they want. As a driver, if you want to be home everyday and make good money, there’s literally thousands of those jobs, if you want to work local making deliveries and basically work 9-5 on an hourly rate, there’s lots of those jobs too. If you want to chase after the big money, stay gone all week and rack up the miles before coming home on the weekend, plenty of those jobs too. They do a tremendous job working with us to take off the time we need with our families, and make extra work available for anybody that wants it. The catch… you’re expected to have integrity at Estes. I’ve seen people keep their job after big mistakes because they owned up to the mistake they made. I’ve seen others being fired over relatively trivial mistakes because they tried to hide it.

Strong leadeship of a company well poised

The leadership team has managed the turns of the industry very well. When many floundered, Estes has not only survived, but grown. So stability is covered.The work can be challenging, but in the best possible ways. While the goal remains the same, the puzzle one must navigate to reach it changes daily. There is plenty of opportunity to learn, grow, and advance. Couple that with levels of empowerment, and you have an excellent place to call "work".

Could be better

Terminal manager is great. Linehaul supervisor is clueless (demoted from TM). Most of the front office girls are nice and helpful but some are power hungry and hold your paper work until your cut time. No fuel or wait time pay. Breakdown pay is terrible.

Great Place to work

This company was a great place to start with enough hours and good pay. Freight has slowed down due to economy issues but if it ever picks back up again, I definitely recommend this company

Excellent pay for low experience work

The company isn’t necessarily a bad place to work at. I worked dock and received a pretty reasonable compensation given the work I was doing. Most of the leadership at the terminal I worked at was great, however there were exceptions. Poor leadership in certain avenues of the company cause for big ripple effects. Overall low moral, accompanied by a considerable amount of nepotism.

Good place to gain experience in driving.

Good pay. Bad job/ life balance. There is a lot of opportunity to gain experience if you just graduated from CDL school. The management is understanding of little accidents.

The portafolio of services ESTES can provide creates more opportunities to bring more business.

ESTES is great place to work, all these years have been great for me as employee and my family. You just need to do your job as described and everything will work well. Company recognizes your effort and compensates you.

Pros

travel, meet new people, close business opportunities, recognized by company

Cons

its a difficult market, but your efforts can pull you thru.

My honest review

When I was hired at first it was fine for about maybe the first 2 weeks. Then things started to go south. You work minimum 10 hour days 5 days a week but and it’s a big but, you can be pressured to stay 12+ and they have a 6 day mandatory if needed. I honestly only recommend this job for people who need money badly or don’t have family obligations. This job is for people who have a lot of free time. I was working 6 days a week 13 hour days for about 4 months before I left. Summers are typically slow and winters are overwhelming with the amount of work. The guys you work with can differ from caring about you and your career there to they don’t like and want to scare you out the door.

Not a bad place to work

Very accommodating. Lots of favoritism though. Lots of overtime. Awesome co workers. Somewhat difficult work but still an easy job. Has a high turnover rate but youll probably get hired if you apply. Good starting pay

Very good company to work for

It is a very good company to work for! They pay well and the benefits are great. If your looking for a perfect company, good luck finding one! But they do try to take care of all their employees! No one is perfect ! I would highly recommend them to work for!

Decent company

Overall a good company to work for. Good pay and good benefits. Management has issues just like most companies but overall they are helpful and respectful to their employees. Like what I do and enjoy working with other employees. Hard work at times but you get what you put into it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Estes Express Lines. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Salary / Benefits