Engoo

Engoo Employee Reviews

Salary / Benefits
In the past 6 years, there has been no salary increase or even growth in my career in the company. Sometimes they do give out incentives, the students are wonderful very polite especially the Japanese students.
Pros
Flexible sched
Cons
No improvement
Salary / Benefits
its really great and fun experience connecting my life to my students. ive learned a lot from this company specially to the students that i have the chance to impact my view and opinion about there jobs and school life.
Pros
work at home
Cons
no benefits, no bonuses
Salary / Benefits
My vocabulary is widend when teaching english tutor to other countries. My co-workers are approachable. The hardest part of the job is waiting on your students and all the time will be maximized by always waiting. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to my students and sharing their lives and jobs.
Pros
incentives
Salary / Benefits
Fun and comfortable, they have flexible time. I learned a lot in my communication skills. Nothing hard for a teacher if they plot their preferred schedule. The most enjoyable part of this job is that I can talk with the students and share different cultures.
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
Policy from the teachers are injustice.
Salary / Benefits
Salary rate is fair enough. They often give incentives to those who are able to meet the special tasks given from time to time. The system is superb both for students and teachers' sides. The teacher account is easy to navigate and everything is there where the teacher can always keep track inputs of the class. I tried other online schools and Bibo is far better than them. The teaching tools are well presented and teachers are spoon-fed with the instructional guide to effectively handle the material used in class. I can earn roughly --- per month but took me some time before I started having those earnings. (at least 20 classes per day) But don't expect to get many bookings, you need to earn it. Your salary will depend on the number of bookings. Teaching is easy and fun but this will be hindered by external issues such as noise, connection instability and the power outage that might lead to class cancellations and penalty. Their policies are fair but there is but. The company is student biased. They will always take the side of students. The company will not hesitate to escalate the issue to the termination of the teacher, regardless of the contribution the teacher has made. So the hardest part? To stay patient and positive despite the complaints you received after your hard work.
Pros
Great System
Cons
Student Biased Treatment
Salary / Benefits
Bibo offers a fun work atmosphere. Most of the employees are young (majority are in their 20s). The company is young as well (it was established in 2013), thus a lot of the company's processes are not yet established. Processes keep on changing. There's a lot of room for improvement. Do not expect much career advancement, as the company does not even have a good organizational chart.
Pros
flexible work schedule, youthful work atmosphere
Cons
poor management (especially HR), inconsistent policies, no training and development for staff
Salary / Benefits
I love and enjoy working in Bibo. The students are very well mannered in addition to that you can work anytime you wanted.
Salary / Benefits
The good thing about this job is that you can manage your time flexibly win the comfort of your home. It's nice learning about different culture.
Salary / Benefits
Working with Bibo as an online ESL tutor is not as easy as it looks. A typical day at work includes, preparing an hour before my work begins because we are required to do an attendance. After every lesson, we are required to do our lesson note where we leave a message for the student, words/sentences they learned, and notes for the next tutor. I learned that most of Japanese people wants to study English because of the main reasons: Job Promotion, Exams, Traveling, and some needs to speak English in their job. I think the hardest part with my job is dealing with students who really doesn't understand English that well. I mostly enjoy talking with my students on how to easily learn and master the English language, and also being able to create a moment of truth with them.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Long hours of sitting in front of the computer
Salary / Benefits
The teachers would be the one who would choose how many hours they would want to work and open a slot, then the students are the ones who chooses which teacher and open time slot of the teacher they would like to boo. I learned how to handle different types and kinds of people as I taught over a hundred students via Skype. The hardest part of the job is that it is Internet based. When the Internet goes out, I won't be able to conduct my lessons until the Internet comes back.
Pros
Flexible time slots
Cons
Limited time for the lesson, underpaid
Salary / Benefits
It doesn't pay much. The time is very strict. The rules are more customer friendly. You can lose money because you are sick.
Salary / Benefits
The schedule was very convenient because I get to choose my preferred time. I have learned the importance of punctuality during the span of my stay in the company. One negative thing I could say is that I never got the chance to meet with my co-workers because the nature of my job was to teach home-based. And I believe, the management was too strict and hard on their teachers. The hardest part of the job was the fact that I had to exert extra efforts to communicate well with my students specially when the internet connection goes unstable, and the most enjoyable part of it is that I get to choose the time and days that I would like to work and I also get to enjoy the comfort of my home.
Pros
convenient schedule
Cons
not socially healthy
Salary / Benefits
Flexible working hours, good salary, approachable supervisors and admins and I have personally grown as a teacher because they have helped me improve more my teaching skills and help me remember to lengthen my patience.
Salary / Benefits
I worked for a Japanese company. The work place has a aura of strictly professional among employees, there wasn't much employee interaction. As expected there a ground rules which is good that standard is needed in a big company. I enjoyed having a bond with my students and having the feeling of they learn something from me. The best thing about my job is I get to be connected with people from another country and learn from there culture.
Pros
There is an equality among employees
Cons
graveyard shift, no health benifts
Salary / Benefits
Working as an online english teacher is an amazing experience because i got to meet so many amazing people with a different view to life, different opinions and diverse culture.
Salary / Benefits
It was an honor for me to work with Bibo Global Opportunity as an English teacher. But sometimes, we have to look forward if the job is not working for us. We have to develop and experience more Job to develop our skills.
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
Many Teachers, Lack of Student
Salary / Benefits
You have to be self-motivated. You must always meet the immediate supervisor's expectations on time with a very minimal & insufficient instructions on how you shall do it. You must have a very patient & a positive attitude despite of all conditions.
Pros
Air travelling for free, free lunches
Salary / Benefits
I am working at home so I have a flexible time. I can choose my schedule anytime I want.
Pros
Flexible Time
Cons
I sometimes dont have reserve class.