Engoo

Engoo Salary & Benefits reviews

Salary / Benefits
Engoo is a good part-time job especially for students who cannot fully commit to their job everyday. You get to plot your own schedule whenever you want. Thing is, for long term it isnt a suistanable job. The pay is low compare to other English schools and the management is very pro-student.
Pros
Freelance. No quota
Cons
Low compensation. Pro-student
Salary / Benefits
Working at engoo has been a great experience for me. The staff supports teachers having difficulties and guides them accordingly. Workplace culture is healthy, almost all teachers are friends with each other. The hardest part of the job is not getting students in your class(vacant slots) so the Php 200 salary per hour is not a guarantee. But the enjoyable part of the job is meeting different people of different races and the satisfaction of having taught them valuable English skills.
Pros
work at home, flexible schedule
Cons
not guaranteed you'll have students everytime.
Salary / Benefits
In the past 6 years, there has been no salary increase or even growth in my career in the company. Sometimes they do give out incentives, the students are wonderful very polite especially the Japanese students.
Pros
Flexible sched
Cons
No improvement
Salary / Benefits
I worked here for about a year. The pay is low but offers flexible hours unlike other ESL companies that has blocked/ peak that are required on a daily basis.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Low pay
Salary / Benefits
We have flexible work hours. you work on your preferred time. they have incentives if you reach certain quotas. students are fun to work with and management also checks on your status
Salary / Benefits
There's equal chance for every tutor. High bookability rate. Lessons are relevant and useful. Great management and support team. Fantastic for beginner teachers. However, very very very minimal incentives.
Pros
flexible time
Cons
low wage
Salary / Benefits
this is a fun and convenient job for me because there are no quotas required. you only get paid on the hours you worked every 15 days. You can choose whatever time is fine for you even if you have a busy schedule.
Salary / Benefits
I have been working here for 4 years only because I do it as a part time gig. The only thing good about this company is the hours are as flexible as you want. I am a native speaker and it used to be O.K. for native speakers with high booking rates and so forth but now it's almost impossible to get hours. They charge $20-$23 dollars per hour for their students to study with native speakers but only pay the (native) teachers $10 per hour. There is no room for growth and they always take the side of the student. If there is a power outage you will be penalized and requested to get proof of the outage from the power company. Totally ridiculous. You have to be desperate for money to work here is what it basically comes down to and a lot of your time will be wasted. They hire and fire fast so don't mess up!
Salary / Benefits
NEVER WORK/APPLY on this platform. It's a total scam! *At first, you'll get a lot of students and then afterwards, the number of students will SLOWLY DECREASE. *The Customer Support will be very accommodating at first BUT when you receive a complain or a low rating, even though it's not your fault (Ex. Technical Issues, Skype Issues, Connection Issues on the Students' End, etc.), they would NEVER EVER listen on your side of the story. They will only listen to the student. *They will CANCEL the class if a student complains, EVEN THOUGH: 1. You conduct the lesson properly. 2. You spent time to teach the student. 3. You find ways to connect to the student. 4. You report to them in the middle of the class, and finally, 5. IT'S THEIR SYSTEM'S FAULT. (They would NEVER EVER admit that it's THEIR SYSTEM'S FAULT, even though they've been making some updates without the tutor's knowledge/any notifications.) AND by CANCELLING the lesson means, YOU WILL GET PENALIZED. *Not just that! Even if you conducted the lesson properly, BUT YOU WERE LATE FOR SUBMITTING THE LESSON NOTES, YOU WON'T BE PAID!!! *Aside from that, there is NO CAREER GROWTH. You can be a tutor for a long time without any job promotions.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Lots of Deductions, Lots of system glitch, Customer Support Reps. are like robots, Low Salary (P60/25 min.), Unreasonable Penalties!
Salary / Benefits
It's nice to work with other culture because you are teaching and learning at the same time. It's nice because I already made this before as my part time and it's very convenient and very comfortable working at home.
Pros
additional incentives
Cons
loading systems
Salary / Benefits
It's not what I expected. So many teachers yet only few students. I didn't reach the amount of salary that was being published. It's interesting to have diverse students. It makes the learning experience a two-way thing. They've also taught me a lot and not only me to them.
Pros
Flexible Time
Cons
Small Pay
Salary / Benefits
It was a fun and productive work. It was my firts time to have my job and definitely the most exciting and fruitful. Sometimes, it was hard but I can manage everything. It was literally good and bad at times because of the internet connection.
Pros
free time
Salary / Benefits
The company suits for you if you are looking for a job with Flexible working schedule. It works on your own pace and time. You can still do whatever you want and earn money at the same time.
Pros
Flexible working schedule
Salary / Benefits
Bibo Global Opportunity is a great company to work with. I have been with this company for four years. The working time is very flexible and their support staff are very supportive.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
No Health Benefits
Salary / Benefits
Through Bibo Global Oppurtunity I was able to develop my skills in communicating with other nationalities. It maybe difficult at first since I have to spend a lot of effort and time to earn money but this job shaped me to become more responsible and hard working individual.
Pros
Flexible Time
Cons
Long Hours to earn money
Salary / Benefits
We could choose our own hours so it was a very slow-paced job that was not very stressful. The pay was fair so I did not feel overworked. I could work from home which was a very important factor to me.
Salary / Benefits
Bibo Global Community is a good company for people who wants to work on their convenient time. However, the compensation is low and sometimes management takes the side of the students if they will complain the teacher ( for internet problems). But another pros is you'll enjoy meeting people with different cultures. So, you are teaching and learning at the same time.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
low compensation
Salary / Benefits
I have been working here (and is currently working) for about a year now but still no benefits, no salary increase, and they are very biased in terms of student-tutor problems.
Pros
Work at home
Cons
Low salary, No benefits
Salary / Benefits
I worked as a part timer and the time schedule is very flexible. It was very convenient for me since I was studying that time. The teacher support was friendly. However, some students were rude. and the salary is not that big. It's hard to get an increase in salary
Pros
Pros - time flexible - the teacher support team is very friendly
Cons
Cons - the salary is not that big - some students are rude - no employee benefits
Salary / Benefits
The job is interesting but sitting in front of a computer just doesnt fit my interests towards teaching in a physical environment rather than a computer
Pros
increased salary rate during holidays
Cons
long hours of waiting for bookings
Salary / Benefits
Offers competitive salary and work environment. Good scheduling for a week and they train their employees well and good job relationship with the boss.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Time