Engoo

Engoo Job Security & Advancement reviews

Salary / Benefits
In the past 6 years, there has been no salary increase or even growth in my career in the company. Sometimes they do give out incentives, the students are wonderful very polite especially the Japanese students.
Pros
Flexible sched
Cons
No improvement
Salary / Benefits
The culture and structure in Bibo may be quite different now, so read my review with that in mind. When I first joined this company, it was very much a startup. Job descriptions and responsibilities were fluid. Hierarchies were mostly flat. In my time there, everyone was a pleasure to work with. Training stubborn teachers had its share of challenges, but that was part of the job. The company was quite generous with us and management was very reasonable to talk to. They made sure that employees were well-equipped and valued. Clubs were also started at the time to encourage hobbies and healthier lifestyles. HR and management did all they could to prevent burnout. Job security was rock solid. Job advancement was difficult to secure once Bibo transitioned to a more seasoned and structured company. You will have to go above and beyond the call of duty to be considered for promotion. And if you are stuck with a lackluster superior, then that's just something you'll have to live with.
Salary / Benefits
It's a gtreat opportunity working with Bibo. I enjoyed everything and working for the company. Learned and challenged a lot. I love Bibo but I just don't know about the present management., because I heard the company already changed their name.
Salary / Benefits
Bibo is the most convenient job that I had in the past. It provided me the work life balance that I have been wishing for from my previous job as a CSR. It allowed me to work from the comfort of my home while taking care of my daughter and family.
Salary / Benefits
NEVER WORK/APPLY on this platform. It's a total scam! *At first, you'll get a lot of students and then afterwards, the number of students will SLOWLY DECREASE. *The Customer Support will be very accommodating at first BUT when you receive a complain or a low rating, even though it's not your fault (Ex. Technical Issues, Skype Issues, Connection Issues on the Students' End, etc.), they would NEVER EVER listen on your side of the story. They will only listen to the student. *They will CANCEL the class if a student complains, EVEN THOUGH: 1. You conduct the lesson properly. 2. You spent time to teach the student. 3. You find ways to connect to the student. 4. You report to them in the middle of the class, and finally, 5. IT'S THEIR SYSTEM'S FAULT. (They would NEVER EVER admit that it's THEIR SYSTEM'S FAULT, even though they've been making some updates without the tutor's knowledge/any notifications.) AND by CANCELLING the lesson means, YOU WILL GET PENALIZED. *Not just that! Even if you conducted the lesson properly, BUT YOU WERE LATE FOR SUBMITTING THE LESSON NOTES, YOU WON'T BE PAID!!! *Aside from that, there is NO CAREER GROWTH. You can be a tutor for a long time without any job promotions.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Lots of Deductions, Lots of system glitch, Customer Support Reps. are like robots, Low Salary (P60/25 min.), Unreasonable Penalties!
Salary / Benefits
Unending learning and fun.Working with Bibo realy helps me improve my teaching skills and dealing with Japanese, Korean, Taiwanese and Thai student is real an opportunity.
Cons
Sudden Lessons, Cancellations
Salary / Benefits
The Company allows Work Life and Balance such work from home for 2 days a week of work. And gives employees the opportunity to hang-out in during rest days.
Salary / Benefits
Bibo Global Opportunity is a great company to work with. I have been with this company for four years. The working time is very flexible and their support staff are very supportive.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
No Health Benefits
Salary / Benefits
I haven't worked long enough in this field but I can say is that Bibo gave me a great opportunity. The management is very supportive and I really enjoy teaching students from different countries.
Pros
Incentives
Salary / Benefits
If you are a student looking for great opportunities, this is a good place to start. Quite honestly 120/hr is not enough specially if you need to deal with a lot of things. Aside from that, there is no career growth. You can be a tutor for a long time without any job promotions. You can apply for other jobs but considering a difference in salary, it would be more of a demotion. Students are easy to deal with though and this is not a stressful job. Good for anyone who is just looking for something to fill their time while waiting for another application.
Pros
work from home, performance incentives
Cons
there are students who are rude and the management are likely to side with them
Salary / Benefits
a good job to start your career. challenged myself especially in dealing with time management as my work is flexible i should manage my time that i wont be late and always be able to attend my scheduled classes.
Salary / Benefits
Very exciting environment. Hosting gig was a blast! Will surely come back next time if invited again. Everyone had a great time and it was all a success!
Salary / Benefits
Reasons why never to enter bibo company though they are hiring immediately. (OUTRAGEOUS GREEDY COMPANY) 1.They hire fast and fire fast. 2. Worst company you can ever enter. Why? A. Many teachers can't deny they are underpaid B. Too much deduction from salary. C. Too much unnecessary penalties for teachers D. Very inconsiderate and disrespectful staffs E. Too much waste of time. No booked slots, no pay. F you will meet the bad and the ugly staffs. Reasons to enter bibo: -Only because of flexible teaching time Have a career with no gowth opportunity while being underpaid?!Never!
Pros
Various kinds of students around the world.
Cons
Less money. Underemployment. Much deductions
Salary / Benefits
Bibo gave me a good work experience. I learned a lot about their management and culture. It was my first job and it was very challenging. I enjoyed doing the job because I was given the opportunity to speak the language that I love and at the same time I had the chance to develop my skills more.
Pros
flexible working time
Cons
huge penalties and deductions
Salary / Benefits
Since it's a home based job, we are given a chance to choose the schedule that we want. So if you have other errands for the following days, you have the freedom of not booking a class.
Salary / Benefits
At first, I thought everything will be fine in their company but it seems that I really need to adjust a lot since they are not providing clear instructions to some concerns about their service. But, what I want in BIBO is you can really grow professionally because they do really develop your versatility as a teacher.
Pros
Versatile Schedule
Cons
Not clear instructions
Salary / Benefits
Bibo offers a fun work atmosphere. Most of the employees are young (majority are in their 20s). The company is young as well (it was established in 2013), thus a lot of the company's processes are not yet established. Processes keep on changing. There's a lot of room for improvement. Do not expect much career advancement, as the company does not even have a good organizational chart.
Pros
flexible work schedule, youthful work atmosphere
Cons
poor management (especially HR), inconsistent policies, no training and development for staff
Salary / Benefits
Working with Bibo as an online ESL tutor is not as easy as it looks. A typical day at work includes, preparing an hour before my work begins because we are required to do an attendance. After every lesson, we are required to do our lesson note where we leave a message for the student, words/sentences they learned, and notes for the next tutor. I learned that most of Japanese people wants to study English because of the main reasons: Job Promotion, Exams, Traveling, and some needs to speak English in their job. I think the hardest part with my job is dealing with students who really doesn't understand English that well. I mostly enjoy talking with my students on how to easily learn and master the English language, and also being able to create a moment of truth with them.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Long hours of sitting in front of the computer
Salary / Benefits
Flexible working hours, good salary, approachable supervisors and admins and I have personally grown as a teacher because they have helped me improve more my teaching skills and help me remember to lengthen my patience.
Salary / Benefits
It was an honor for me to work with Bibo Global Opportunity as an English teacher. But sometimes, we have to look forward if the job is not working for us. We have to develop and experience more Job to develop our skills.
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
Many Teachers, Lack of Student