Engoo

Engoo Employee Reviews for Tutor

Salary / Benefits
In the past 6 years, there has been no salary increase or even growth in my career in the company. Sometimes they do give out incentives, the students are wonderful very polite especially the Japanese students.
Pros
Flexible sched
Cons
No improvement
Salary / Benefits
I worked here for about a year. The pay is low but offers flexible hours unlike other ESL companies that has blocked/ peak that are required on a daily basis.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Low pay
Salary / Benefits
I really enjoyed working hear, I love the students I teach, my coworkers are really lovely and kind. The entire company is very accommodating, very amazing experience to work hear.
Salary / Benefits
There's equal chance for every tutor. High bookability rate. Lessons are relevant and useful. Great management and support team. Fantastic for beginner teachers. However, very very very minimal incentives.
Pros
flexible time
Cons
low wage
Salary / Benefits
The thing I love the most is the flexible working hours. I can work at any time of the day. There is help support for all the teachers having a problem in the system.
Salary / Benefits
I had a great time working with Bibo. I gained some friends in teaching Japanese students. I learned about their culture. Excited teaching and having conversations with my students.
Salary / Benefits
its a home based job which gives you a platform to plan your schedule and open class when ever you are comfortable...it was my part time second job. i enjoyed working there because you would meet new people every single day and get to learn also about new and different cultures
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
few students
Salary / Benefits
It's very convenient. You can work anytime you want. They have nice and approachable staff. Mostly of my students are Japanese. They are nice and kind students.
Pros
nice staff
Cons
They have province rate. It's cheap.
Salary / Benefits
Through Bibo Global Oppurtunity I was able to develop my skills in communicating with other nationalities. It maybe difficult at first since I have to spend a lot of effort and time to earn money but this job shaped me to become more responsible and hard working individual.
Pros
Flexible Time
Cons
Long Hours to earn money
Salary / Benefits
Aside from you can choose your own schedule, the students and the teachers support system managers are also very polite and friendly so it really is a nice environment.
Salary / Benefits
I have been working here (and is currently working) for about a year now but still no benefits, no salary increase, and they are very biased in terms of student-tutor problems.
Pros
Work at home
Cons
Low salary, No benefits
Salary / Benefits
flexible schedule is alright but it's hard to get students if you are new teacher. You work mostly at night since the students are in school or work in the morning
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
hard to get students if you are a new teacher
Salary / Benefits
If you are a student looking for great opportunities, this is a good place to start. Quite honestly 120/hr is not enough specially if you need to deal with a lot of things. Aside from that, there is no career growth. You can be a tutor for a long time without any job promotions. You can apply for other jobs but considering a difference in salary, it would be more of a demotion. Students are easy to deal with though and this is not a stressful job. Good for anyone who is just looking for something to fill their time while waiting for another application.
Pros
work from home, performance incentives
Cons
there are students who are rude and the management are likely to side with them
Salary / Benefits
Managed the company for a few months before returning to philippines. The company is a taiwan based online english tutorial and one on one tutorial in taiwan during vacation period of children in taiwan. Summer camp
Pros
all expense paid trip
Cons
dedicate your whole hours even weekend
Salary / Benefits
They provide great training so that teachers will be able to master their skills. You can also double time during weekends and get double pay at Sunday. 😊
Pros
Incentives
Salary / Benefits
I have been working at BIBO Global Opportunity part-time (Less than a year) Pros You make your own schedule Friendly students Materials are provided, they're easy to use and always updating Cons Very low pay. Salary varies on your location and qualification; They treat the teachers unfairly (their students mean more to them than their teachers)
Pros
you can work anytime you want. it is very flexible
Cons
the salary needs to be bigger. no increase
Salary / Benefits
You get to work from home but the job gets very repetitive and boring. Although you get to choose your own schedule. You need your own PC/laptop with wired connection at least 2gb.
Pros
You get to pick your own schedule.
Cons
Unstable job
Salary / Benefits
At Bibo Global Opportunity you get to decide for your work schedule and you get to meet lots of different people from Japan. The students are very polite and friendly. The management were very accommodating when in comes to concerns. Payout is always on time.
Salary / Benefits
My vocabulary is widend when teaching english tutor to other countries. My co-workers are approachable. The hardest part of the job is waiting on your students and all the time will be maximized by always waiting. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to my students and sharing their lives and jobs.
Pros
incentives
Salary / Benefits
Working with Bibo as an online ESL tutor is not as easy as it looks. A typical day at work includes, preparing an hour before my work begins because we are required to do an attendance. After every lesson, we are required to do our lesson note where we leave a message for the student, words/sentences they learned, and notes for the next tutor. I learned that most of Japanese people wants to study English because of the main reasons: Job Promotion, Exams, Traveling, and some needs to speak English in their job. I think the hardest part with my job is dealing with students who really doesn't understand English that well. I mostly enjoy talking with my students on how to easily learn and master the English language, and also being able to create a moment of truth with them.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Long hours of sitting in front of the computer
Salary / Benefits
I am working at home so I have a flexible time. I can choose my schedule anytime I want.
Pros
Flexible Time
Cons
I sometimes dont have reserve class.