Engoo

Engoo Employee Reviews for Teacher

Salary / Benefits
I have been working in BIBO for almost 5 years now. Recently, they changed the cancellation system - no more (monetary) penalties unless you can provide a valid proof/s. But the cancelled classes are still counted in your cancellation rate per month even if they already accepted the proof. You will still get a warning or worse - suspension/termination. So, don't be too confident even if your proofs were accepted. hahaha! One more thing is the teacher's rating. Ratings will be shown in teacher's account so students can see it and decide whether to book your lesson or not. The students rate you depending on their mood (most of the time). Your booking rate will be less (meaning less or very few students) if you have a low rating. Isn't it unfair? Some other students rate you less and you don't get much students because of stu*** ratings in your account? I don't think it is good to show the ratings of the teachers. I hope the management will do something about the teachers booking rates recently. It is not good. Or maybe they have less students now compared before.
Salary / Benefits
I learned to manage time in my own way. Convenient for me as a working mom. The job is easy but the client sometimes too difficult to please. The job became enjoyable of its flexibility.
Salary / Benefits
I have been working here for 4 years only because I do it as a part time gig. The only thing good about this company is the hours are as flexible as you want. I am a native speaker and it used to be O.K. for native speakers with high booking rates and so forth but now it's almost impossible to get hours. They charge $20-$23 dollars per hour for their students to study with native speakers but only pay the (native) teachers $10 per hour. There is no room for growth and they always take the side of the student. If there is a power outage you will be penalized and requested to get proof of the outage from the power company. Totally ridiculous. You have to be desperate for money to work here is what it basically comes down to and a lot of your time will be wasted. They hire and fire fast so don't mess up!
Salary / Benefits
Teaching online is a fun experience with this company as it allows you to freely manage your time between personal purposes and work schedules. However there are times when there are only students booking you set time slots which makes you unable to earn income for that specific time frame. Nevertheless, it has been a good experience.
Pros
Time-flexibility
Cons
Possible lack of clients
Salary / Benefits
The company suits for you if you are looking for a job with Flexible working schedule. It works on your own pace and time. You can still do whatever you want and earn money at the same time.
Pros
Flexible working schedule
Salary / Benefits
Bibo Global Community is a good company for people who wants to work on their convenient time. However, the compensation is low and sometimes management takes the side of the students if they will complain the teacher ( for internet problems). But another pros is you'll enjoy meeting people with different cultures. So, you are teaching and learning at the same time.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
low compensation
Salary / Benefits
Good opportunity but doesn't give enough incentives/benefits. Support team are excellent and gives immediate assistance. Materials are effective and useful.
Salary / Benefits
I've been working as an English teacher online for five years ,.and Bibo company is one of the best company so far,. Where you can manage your own time , the salary for me..is reasonable,. and the best thing about this company is that you can manage your own time, and you have a lot of time to travel with out having a trouble.or being stress of, most specially giving an advance notice like the other company where you have to submit a month of noticed and its not a hundred percent that you can have your vacation leave , unlike with Bibo Opportunity I would say its superb! , when it come to OS Support or Technical Support they are so Brilliant ,.That is why I strongly recommend BIBo Company among those comp's .. specially to working mums, who wants to stay at home , and for those who don't fancy commuting for a maximum of three hours most especially in Metro Manila where the traffic is rampant , if you don't fancy being stock on traffic and you want to have a peace of mine traveling if you want to earn more money its simple work more hours :). Choose Bibo:)
Pros
Nice Incentives
Salary / Benefits
I learned how to value one's culture. It helps me to stay calm and be patient all the time. It's really true that we cannot please everyone. Respect every skin color. They are humans too. This is wat I learned of being a Tutor for 3 years. -Working here is convenient, the only bad thing is when Internet Connection went wrong, Tech Support will cancel all your class. -We can make our own schedule, our time here is flexible. -Working at home is good. -The hardest part of the Job is when the student gives you a negative feedback. -The most enjoyable part of this Job is talking to your regular students, it's like you are talking to a long lost friend.
Pros
Convenient, Good Salary.
Cons
No Benefits
Salary / Benefits
At first, I thought everything will be fine in their company but it seems that I really need to adjust a lot since they are not providing clear instructions to some concerns about their service. But, what I want in BIBO is you can really grow professionally because they do really develop your versatility as a teacher.
Pros
Versatile Schedule
Cons
Not clear instructions
Salary / Benefits
I love and enjoy working in Bibo. The students are very well mannered in addition to that you can work anytime you wanted.
Salary / Benefits
Flexible working hours, good salary, approachable supervisors and admins and I have personally grown as a teacher because they have helped me improve more my teaching skills and help me remember to lengthen my patience.