Engoo

Engoo Employee Reviews in Makati

Salary / Benefits
The culture and structure in Bibo may be quite different now, so read my review with that in mind. When I first joined this company, it was very much a startup. Job descriptions and responsibilities were fluid. Hierarchies were mostly flat. In my time there, everyone was a pleasure to work with. Training stubborn teachers had its share of challenges, but that was part of the job. The company was quite generous with us and management was very reasonable to talk to. They made sure that employees were well-equipped and valued. Clubs were also started at the time to encourage hobbies and healthier lifestyles. HR and management did all they could to prevent burnout. Job security was rock solid. Job advancement was difficult to secure once Bibo transitioned to a more seasoned and structured company. You will have to go above and beyond the call of duty to be considered for promotion. And if you are stuck with a lackluster superior, then that's just something you'll have to live with.
Salary / Benefits
I had a great time working with Bibo. I gained some friends in teaching Japanese students. I learned about their culture. Excited teaching and having conversations with my students.
Salary / Benefits
this is a fun and convenient job for me because there are no quotas required. you only get paid on the hours you worked every 15 days. You can choose whatever time is fine for you even if you have a busy schedule.
Salary / Benefits
Bibo is the most convenient job that I had in the past. It provided me the work life balance that I have been wishing for from my previous job as a CSR. It allowed me to work from the comfort of my home while taking care of my daughter and family.
Salary / Benefits
Teaching online is a fun experience with this company as it allows you to freely manage your time between personal purposes and work schedules. However there are times when there are only students booking you set time slots which makes you unable to earn income for that specific time frame. Nevertheless, it has been a good experience.
Pros
Time-flexibility
Cons
Possible lack of clients
Salary / Benefits
Engaging foreign students, approachable supervisors, and convenient for students. The job is really meant for students who want to work while studying for the time is flexible. The management being too student-centered is a con.
Pros
Students, experience
Cons
No protection from students, too student-centered
Salary / Benefits
Through Bibo Global Oppurtunity I was able to develop my skills in communicating with other nationalities. It maybe difficult at first since I have to spend a lot of effort and time to earn money but this job shaped me to become more responsible and hard working individual.
Pros
Flexible Time
Cons
Long Hours to earn money
Salary / Benefits
flexible schedule is alright but it's hard to get students if you are new teacher. You work mostly at night since the students are in school or work in the morning
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
hard to get students if you are a new teacher
Salary / Benefits
Working at this company improves my communication skills. The management are easy to talk with. The most enjoyable part of the job is I meet new people everyday and learning different cultures.
Salary / Benefits
Managed the company for a few months before returning to philippines. The company is a taiwan based online english tutorial and one on one tutorial in taiwan during vacation period of children in taiwan. Summer camp
Pros
all expense paid trip
Cons
dedicate your whole hours even weekend
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Engoo?
Salary / Benefits
It is really a good place to work. The students are friendly and some are professionals. The hardest part of the job is the cancellations with penalty. There are so many penalty.
Pros
convenience
Cons
penalty
Salary / Benefits
The company is very ok, getting good pay, can save for clothes and transpo allowance, and can manage your own time, good for those with family and kids.
Pros
Have my own time, no transpo and clothes expenses
Cons
Sad no social life
Salary / Benefits
My work experience was great. I have met some rude students. But, I managed. I had a very flexible working time. My work was very easy and it was home based
Salary / Benefits
I like this job as I don't need to go to the office and experience the traffic on the road. Apart from this, my schedule is flexible i don't follow a standard schedule, instead I make my own.
Salary / Benefits
Since it's a home based job, we are given a chance to choose the schedule that we want. So if you have other errands for the following days, you have the freedom of not booking a class.
Salary / Benefits
Bibo offers a fun work atmosphere. Most of the employees are young (majority are in their 20s). The company is young as well (it was established in 2013), thus a lot of the company's processes are not yet established. Processes keep on changing. There's a lot of room for improvement. Do not expect much career advancement, as the company does not even have a good organizational chart.
Pros
flexible work schedule, youthful work atmosphere
Cons
poor management (especially HR), inconsistent policies, no training and development for staff
Salary / Benefits
The good thing about this job is that you can manage your time flexibly win the comfort of your home. It's nice learning about different culture.
Salary / Benefits
The teachers would be the one who would choose how many hours they would want to work and open a slot, then the students are the ones who chooses which teacher and open time slot of the teacher they would like to boo. I learned how to handle different types and kinds of people as I taught over a hundred students via Skype. The hardest part of the job is that it is Internet based. When the Internet goes out, I won't be able to conduct my lessons until the Internet comes back.
Pros
Flexible time slots
Cons
Limited time for the lesson, underpaid
Salary / Benefits
You have to be self-motivated. You must always meet the immediate supervisor's expectations on time with a very minimal & insufficient instructions on how you shall do it. You must have a very patient & a positive attitude despite of all conditions.
Pros
Air travelling for free, free lunches