Engoo

Engoo Employee Reviews

Salary / Benefits
Engoo is a good part-time job especially for students who cannot fully commit to their job everyday. You get to plot your own schedule whenever you want. Thing is, for long term it isnt a suistanable job. The pay is low compare to other English schools and the management is very pro-student.
Pros
Freelance. No quota
Cons
Low compensation. Pro-student
Salary / Benefits
When I started a few weeks ago I had many students who enjoyed my classes and I encouraged them to return. I did everything to attract more students such as tagging, good profile, opening slots etc but it is very slow and I feel time is wasted just sitting waiting for a student to book. If they were guaranteed slots then no problem!
Pros
Great support staff
Cons
lack of commitment from students
Salary / Benefits
Working at engoo has been a great experience for me. The staff supports teachers having difficulties and guides them accordingly. Workplace culture is healthy, almost all teachers are friends with each other. The hardest part of the job is not getting students in your class(vacant slots) so the Php 200 salary per hour is not a guarantee. But the enjoyable part of the job is meeting different people of different races and the satisfaction of having taught them valuable English skills.
Pros
work at home, flexible schedule
Cons
not guaranteed you'll have students everytime.
Salary / Benefits
I had worked for Engoo for a few years on and off. The interview process was relatively easy and the training was straightforward. You can start working pretty much straight away. As a native speaker I didn't struggle to fill up my slots that I opened, even if they were at unfavourable hours. Having to pay a penalty fee when you cancel a lesson, even if you cancel with more than several hours notice, was one of the biggest turn-offs for me. There are also no bonuses or incentives to open more lessons (apart from a $50 bonus you get for doing more than I think 150 lessons in a month- can't remember the exact number). Sometimes the students are really rude and they never get seem to get punished for it in any way, which is stressful when they keep booking your lessons.
Pros
Can work whenever you want, remote, get to meet lots of people
Cons
No bonus, low wage, cancellation penalty, demanding students
Salary / Benefits
Pretty good students, 90% Japanese, way too much focus on what the students wants to do not what he should do to improve. Lessons are redundant and need more variety
Pros
Flexible, easy
Cons
Pay is insulting
Salary / Benefits
The teaching staff are unhelpful and are only there to substantiate the corrupt ethos of the company. The pay is extremely low, even if you are from a native speaking country that is not America or the UK. (which is obviously significantly offensive)
Pros
none spring to mind
Cons
no possibility for advancement, terrible pay
Salary / Benefits
A generally easy job, especially if you have prior teaching experience. You do 25 minute classes which you can open around your own schedule. Performance is monitored through ratings given by students. It took me about 4 days to be able to get to a point where my classes were being fully booked. You need little to no preparation for lessons and there are lessons 24 hours a day giving you excellent flexibility. If students are 15 minutes late to a lesson or don't show up, the class is automatically cancelled and you receive pay for that class.
Pros
Flexibility, no preparation required, a wealth of free materials, incentives
Cons
Low pay
Salary / Benefits
I have a lot of regular students and most of the new ones I get are friendly. The only problem is that no matter if your native language is English or how well you speak the language or if you have any certification, IF YOU DON'T COME FROM AN ENGLISH SPEAKING COUNTRY, the pay is insanely low. Also, it does not matter how good you are, the pay remains the same, there's no advancement.
Pros
Flexibility, support team, punctual pay
Cons
Extremely low pay for those who come from countries where english is not a native language
Salary / Benefits
In the past 6 years, there has been no salary increase or even growth in my career in the company. Sometimes they do give out incentives, the students are wonderful very polite especially the Japanese students.
Pros
Flexible sched
Cons
No improvement
Salary / Benefits
Tutor support is always out to get you. They always side with the student. Each TS will give you a directive to follow, when you do, the next TS will penalize you that it's not the right thing to do.
Pros
Not much to say
Cons
Not much students to teach. Very few bookings. Sometimes 1/month
Salary / Benefits
I worked here for about a year. The pay is low but offers flexible hours unlike other ESL companies that has blocked/ peak that are required on a daily basis.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Low pay
Salary / Benefits
One can learn a lot here due to the good reponsive students and helpful management staff. Despite the low salary, this is a good place for new teachers to begin their online teaching career.
Salary / Benefits
It’s a fun and easy place with 100% flexibility and control of your hours. The students and support team are nice most of the time. I love not having to prep for lessons. The pay is always on time. But there are no opportunities for advancement or pay raise.
Pros
Students, flexibility, lesson materials and punctual pay
Cons
No benefits, low pay, the rating system and no chance of pay raise
Salary / Benefits
The culture and structure in Bibo may be quite different now, so read my review with that in mind. When I first joined this company, it was very much a startup. Job descriptions and responsibilities were fluid. Hierarchies were mostly flat. In my time there, everyone was a pleasure to work with. Training stubborn teachers had its share of challenges, but that was part of the job. The company was quite generous with us and management was very reasonable to talk to. They made sure that employees were well-equipped and valued. Clubs were also started at the time to encourage hobbies and healthier lifestyles. HR and management did all they could to prevent burnout. Job security was rock solid. Job advancement was difficult to secure once Bibo transitioned to a more seasoned and structured company. You will have to go above and beyond the call of duty to be considered for promotion. And if you are stuck with a lackluster superior, then that's just something you'll have to live with.
Salary / Benefits
Overall, the staff are very understanding and supportive, the pay is decent when you are busy, but the only downfall is that you can have months where you barely get booked.
Salary / Benefits
Students are great. Flexible working sched because you don't need to click any ready button. However, pay is really LOW for an audio and video class. I got 60 pesos per 25 mins. And they don't post any daily incentives compared before. I hope the tutors will have an option not to have a video class next time. I hope the company will change these rules. if not, they might lost a lot of old tutors
Salary / Benefits
We have flexible work hours. you work on your preferred time. they have incentives if you reach certain quotas. students are fun to work with and management also checks on your status
Salary / Benefits
Bibo Global (now Engoo) is a fun place to work. The students are pleasant and easy to deal with. The lesson materials are well structured and easy to teach. The interview process went smoothly. They are very professional. The booking rate is excellent too; sometimes I get up to 12 classes per day. My only issue is the pay...very cheap
Pros
booking rate, flexibility, students
Cons
pay
Salary / Benefits
Bibo Global provides you work at your own home and at your own time. The management monitors its employee's day to day activities and takes actions fairly.
Salary / Benefits
It's not easy being a teacher. Salute to all teachers.I thought it was easy at first considering i was just at home but the more classes i held the more exhausting it was.
Salary / Benefits
It's a gtreat opportunity working with Bibo. I enjoyed everything and working for the company. Learned and challenged a lot. I love Bibo but I just don't know about the present management., because I heard the company already changed their name.
  1. Employee Reviews