Engoo
Engoo Employee Review

Flexible yet too vacant at times

May 29, 2019
Teaching online is a fun experience with this company as it allows you to freely manage your time between personal purposes and work schedules. However there are times when there are only students booking you set time slots which makes you unable to earn income for that specific time frame. Nevertheless, it has been a good experience.
3.0Salary / Benefits
Pros
Time-flexibility
Cons
Possible lack of clients
November 28, 2019
Same role
online teacher (Current Employee) - Davao City
I learned to manage time in my own way. Convenient for me as a working mom. The job is easy but the client sometimes too difficult to please. The job became enjoyable of its flexibility.
October 6, 2019
Same role
Part Time Teacher (Current Employee) - Manila
I have been working in BIBO for almost 5 years now. Recently, they changed the cancellation system - no more (monetary) penalties unless you can provide a valid proof/s. But the cancelled classes are still counted in your cancellation rate per month even if they already accepted the proof. You will still get a warning or worse - suspension/termination. So, don't be too confident even if your proofs were accepted. hahaha! One more thing is the teacher's rating. Ratings will be shown in teacher's account so students can see it and decide whether to book your lesson or not. The students rate you depending on their mood (most of the time). Your booking rate will be less (meaning less or very few students) if you have a low rating. Isn't it unfair? Some other students rate you less and you don't get much students because of stu*** ratings in your account? I don't think it is good to show the ratings of the teachers. I hope the management will do something about the teachers booking rates recently. It is not good. Or maybe they have less students now compared before.
June 1, 2020
Same location
Training Associate (Former Employee) - Makati City
The culture and structure in Bibo may be quite different now, so read my review with that in mind. When I first joined this company, it was very much a startup. Job descriptions and responsibilities were fluid. Hierarchies were mostly flat. In my time there, everyone was a pleasure to work with. Training stubborn teachers had its share of challenges, but that was part of the job. The company was quite generous with us and management was very reasonable to talk to. They made sure that employees were well-equipped and valued. Clubs were also started at the time to encourage hobbies and healthier lifestyles. HR and management did all they could to prevent burnout. Job security was rock solid. Job advancement was difficult to secure once Bibo transitioned to a more seasoned and structured company. You will have to go above and beyond the call of duty to be considered for promotion. And if you are stuck with a lackluster superior, then that's just something you'll have to live with.
  1. Flexible yet too vacant at times